Can we get some clarification on weapon collections this season?

Firebeard.1746

Will we need to keep any of them to craft the final dragon slayer weapons (i.e. are they precursors)? Are there any legendaries that will be released that require them to be kept in one piece? My hunch is no as so far they've all been exotic quality and they feel like filler collections, but I'm still reticent to toss my first dragonslayer weapon out in case things change. I feel like there's been little clarity about what, if any, of these collections may turn into something valuable.

I've also been a little worried about the stormcaller weapons just because they're so darned expensive, I know i can craft some, but am still holding back.

ANet has made it a custom since Bjora Marches (or was it Drizzlewood?) to either mention in red letters in the weapon's description if it's required for later tiers _or_ to make them re-acquirable through other means (or both).

I doubt we will need them. Many players, including myself, have complained in the past about the space they take up in their storage, so it was changed.

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> ANet has made it a custom since Bjora Marches (or was it Drizzlewood?) to either mention in red letters in the weapon's description if it's required for later tiers _or_ to make them re-acquirable through other means (or both).

>

> I doubt we will need them. Many players, including myself, have complained in the past about the space they take up in their storage, so it was changed.

What am I missing on my Restored Boreal Staff's description that says it is required? I mean i did craft it a LONG time ago, so maybe the change wasn't retroactive, but are you saying that the weapon description should be saying it's used for the illuminated version? i'm not seeing it.

> @"Firebeard.1746" said:

> What am I missing on my Restored Boreal Staff's description that says it is required? I mean i did craft it a LONG time ago, so maybe the change wasn't retroactive, but are you saying that the weapon description should be saying it's used for the illuminated version? i'm not seeing it.

Okay, so it was shortly after Drizzlewood came out, _after_ the Bjora Marches fiasco (which was about the Boreal weapons). I salvaged all mine back then.

So they did not changed anything about those retrospectively? :s Ouch.

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > @"Firebeard.1746" said:

> > What am I missing on my Restored Boreal Staff's description that says it is required? I mean i did craft it a LONG time ago, so maybe the change wasn't retroactive, but are you saying that the weapon description should be saying it's used for the illuminated version? i'm not seeing it.

>

> Okay, so it was shortly after Drizzlewood came out, _after_ the Bjora Marches fiasco (which was about the Boreal weapons). I salvaged all mine back then.

>

> So they did not changed anything about those retrospectively? :s Ouch.

Well I crafted mine before drizzlewood I believe, and I've noticed that when they change items, it acts like an ENTIRELY different object, like you can't stack them. Like the Winterberry pies from exploration contracts before they were tradeable aren't tradeable, so it's POSSIBLE they did change it, but my item is so old that it didn't get the change. I guess I could do a BLT search just to see.

> @"Linken.6345" said:

> What make you think they will get upgraded anymore?

>

> You already got the cold for jormag and fire for primordus the two dragons we are working with in the story atm.

I don't think there will be another tier, either, since there has been no hint towards it. But who knows, really? :lol:

It was the restored boreal weapons that caused all the uproar that they were needed to make the next set and many people had deleted them. Then they put the notice in red letters in the description of the next weapon set (I forget the name) that they would be needed to craft the next set of weapons...and then changed their mind that they would not be needed after all! Makes me think that they just decided against having people hold on to crafted story sets for new story sets to avoid confusion.

> @"Fire Attunement.9835" said:

> > Will we need to keep any of them to craft the final dragon slayer weapons

>

> I checked on this for you and can confirm that you do not need to keep these weapons to craft any future weapons or weapon sets.

>

>

Hmm hmm. Is it right? The last trailer shows another weapon sets that seems made of crimson and azure weapons... so I guess we need again those annoying slayer weapons for chapter 3?

> @"hugo.4705" said:

> > @"Fire Attunement.9835" said:

> > > @"Firebeard.1746" said:

> > > Will we need to keep any of them to craft the final dragon slayer weapons

> >

> > I checked on this for you and can confirm that you do not need to keep these weapons to craft any future weapons or weapon sets.

> >

> >

>

> Hmm hmm. Is it right? The last trailer shows another weapon sets that seems made of crimson and azure weapons... so I guess we need again those annoying slayer weapons for chapter 3?

It’ll likely be like the newest two sets where you wouldn’t have access to the recipes until you created the weapons from the previous set. You don’t need the actual weapons again after crafting them.

> @"Fire Attunement.9835" said:

> > Will we need to keep any of them to craft the final dragon slayer weapons

>

> I checked on this for you and can confirm that you do not need to keep these weapons to craft any future weapons or weapon sets.

>

>

Thank you so much!