Which trophy bundle is better?

Which one is better farming-wise?

There's LS3's [Magic-Warped Bundle](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Magic-Warped_Bundle) that gives T6 materials as common drops.

Then there's LS4's [Trophy Shipment](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Trophy_Shipment) that gives a lot of mats, but T6 mats like Powerful blood are extremely rare.

Both cost 1 gold, but LS3 bundle costs 500 unbound magic while LS4 shipment costs 250 volatile magic.

And yes, i know, different content, but assuming you buy the exact number of each - which one is the better value?

I can't speak to the LS4 Trophy Shipments because I have purchased so few of them. However, I buy the LS3 Magic Warped Bundles in Ember Bay periodically. They cost more Unbound Magic, but less gold - 1250 UM, 40 silver. I wrote down a comparison between the Ember Bay magic-warped bundles and the magic-warped packets. I bought 50 of each at 20 gold and 62,500 UM for the magic-warped bundles. I listed everything (except for the 2 mystic clovers) for 57g 41s, 74c. For the 50 Magic Warped Packets I paid 25g and 12,500 UM. I kept the one bolt of damask and the one elonian leather square and listed everything else that I got from them for 22g 91s 99c. Those numbers are from July of 2019, but, that has been a pretty consistent average for the Magic-Warped Bundles I have purchased.

> @"Veprovina.4876" said:

> Which one is better farming-wise?

>

> There's LS3's [Magic-Warped Bundle](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Magic-Warped_Bundle) that gives T6 materials as common drops.

> Then there's LS4's [Trophy Shipment](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Trophy_Shipment) that gives a lot of mats, but T6 mats like Powerful blood are extremely rare.

>

> Both cost 1 gold, but LS3 bundle costs 500 unbound magic while LS4 shipment costs 250 volatile magic.

>

> And yes, i know, different content, but assuming you buy the exact number of each - which one is the better value?

If you scroll down on each page there are charts based on collected data.

On average the magic warped bundle gives you 0.5 of each t6 per container

On average the trophy shipment gives you 1 of each t6 per container

Without considering other factors like how much effort it takes you to obtain each type of magic then the trophy shipment is obviously better. This is also reflected in the values of VM and UM. 1 VM is around 24c while 1 UM is around 4c.

Also AFAIK the 1250 UM+40s magic warped bundle is the better purchase option.

The research page on each is also useful on the value of each container.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Magic-Warped_Bundle/research

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Trophy_Shipment/Drop_rate

There is also http://gw2lunchbox.com/IstanShipments.html for VM

Yes i saw the statistics on each page.

Like, for instance, 1 trophy shipment has 0.98 chance of giving Vial of Powerful Blood (with the most common number being around 5.0) while Magic-Wrapped bundle has 0.49, but that 0.49 is the most common drop.

So if i was to "farm" T6 materials, then unbound magic ones would be a better choice right?

@"Khisanth.2948" You can also get Magic-Wrapped bundles for 500 unbound magic and 1 gold, but yeah, since unbound magic is basically abundant maybe the 40s is the better option.

Depends on the price per 1 magic too i guess.

Which one is easier to farm? Unbound magic or Volatile? I know unbound has Winterberry farm, does Volatile have something simmilar? Cause i've been spending a lot of time in LS4 maps recently (farmed myself the Requiem armor set and some dragonblood weapons), and i can't say any of the nodes are easy to farm, takes a lot longer than farming winterberries. Plus, winterberries are unlimited per account per day, just per character...

@"Kaltyn of Torbins Deep.2946" Magic-wrapped also has a chance to drop amalgamated gemstones so that's an additional value i guess.

> @"Veprovina.4876" said:

> Yes i saw the statistics on each page.

>

> Like, for instance, 1 trophy shipment has 0.98 chance of giving Vial of Powerful Blood (with the most common number being around 5.0) while Magic-Wrapped bundle has 0.49, but that 0.49 is the most common drop.

Those are not probabilities. They are average number of items per container.

The probability for t6 is 37% from bundle and 16% from shipment.

> So if i was to "farm" T6 materials, then unbound magic ones would be a better choice right?

I would go with the shipment because probability isn't as important as quantity per container.

and the t5s can be turned into t6s either via converting through the mystic forge or simply selling them and using the gold to buy t6s

> @"Khisanth.2948" You can also get Magic-Wrapped bundles for 500 unbound magic and 1 gold, but yeah, since unbound magic is basically abundant maybe the 40s is the better option.

>

> Depends on the price per 1 magic too i guess.

>

> Which one is easier to farm? Unbound magic or Volatile? I know unbound has Winterberry farm, does Volatile have something simmilar? Cause i've been spending a lot of time in LS4 maps recently (farmed myself the Requiem armor set and some dragonblood weapons), and i can't say any of the nodes are easy to farm, takes a lot longer than farming winterberries. Plus, winterberries are unlimited per account per day, just per character...

I just use the glyph and home instance nodes

winterberries are unlimited but you end up comparing the efficiency of different methods to get gold due to opportunity cost

> @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > @"Veprovina.4876" said:

> > Yes i saw the statistics on each page.

> >

> > Like, for instance, 1 trophy shipment has 0.98 chance of giving Vial of Powerful Blood (with the most common number being around 5.0) while Magic-Wrapped bundle has 0.49, but that 0.49 is the most common drop.

>

> Those are not probabilities. They are average number of items per container.

> The probability for t6 is 37% from bundle and 16% from shipment.

>

> > So if i was to "farm" T6 materials, then unbound magic ones would be a better choice right?

>

> I would go with the shipment because probability isn't as important as quantity per container.

>

> and the t5s can be turned into t6s either via converting through the mystic forge or simply selling them and using the gold to buy t6s

>

> > @"Khisanth.2948" You can also get Magic-Wrapped bundles for 500 unbound magic and 1 gold, but yeah, since unbound magic is basically abundant maybe the 40s is the better option.

> >

> > Depends on the price per 1 magic too i guess.

> >

> > Which one is easier to farm? Unbound magic or Volatile? I know unbound has Winterberry farm, does Volatile have something simmilar? Cause i've been spending a lot of time in LS4 maps recently (farmed myself the Requiem armor set and some dragonblood weapons), and i can't say any of the nodes are easy to farm, takes a lot longer than farming winterberries. Plus, winterberries are unlimited per account per day, just per character...

>

> I just use the glyph and home instance nodes

>

> winterberries are unlimited but you end up comparing the efficiency of different methods to get gold due to opportunity cost

>

>

Ah yes, i neglcted to account for the quantity of the t5 ones! In that case, volatile magic ones do seem better, thank you!

> @"Linken.6345" said:

> There usualy is alot of volitaile magic in the air on season 4 maps that you can vacuum up with your skyscale.

> + the rifts for rule of the skies title.

Yeah, i've been doing that a lot lately when farming. If i come across some i always make a detour. Thunderhead peaks has a lot of it for instance.