I'm a bit mad.

Joote.4081

I remember the mission where you ported to Korna. Played it recently a few weeks ago. You have Blish's arm and you need to teleport around later. I easily managed to port outside the instance so I couldn't even get the warning before getting removed. Was annoying when it was near the end of the mission. Ha ha. (Especially when going for achievements.)

> @"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:

> It is especially long if you are using the default template they give you for using a lvl 80 booster, with the awful default equipment stats that don't work for the builds.

Still shouldn't take an hour. If it's taking that long, you probably aren't even at 1k dps. And I'm not trying to be elitist or insulting, but, I honestly wonder if it would take that long just running in my underwear. Even using axe/axe on my alt account's druid main didn't take an hour.

> @"Pacificterror.7805" said:

> Glad to hear about how long that first story mission is. I'm still grinding HoT content but have been looking forward to cracking into PoF to obtain the Raptor....lol a 1 hour mission will be bleh - that's more or less my playtime for 1 session.

Its not that long, will play through it and check when i get home.

> Glad to hear about how long that first story mission is. I'm still grinding HoT content but have been looking forward to cracking into PoF to obtain the Raptor....lol a 1 hour mission will be bleh - that's more or less my playtime for 1 session.

The instance isnt that long. 30 mins give or take (think it took me 40mins first time due to using low dps build)

The OP's gripe though is legitimate. The boundary zone in places is unnecessarily unforgiving

Okay, I did it. I played through the mission on a toon in their underwear. 20 minutes 18.23 seconds. IN HIS UNDERWEAR.

No trinkets at all, not food, no utilities, and no armor. I was playing on my Revenant Herald with two exotic Berserker's Iron Sword of Earth with Superior Sigil of Earth on both (because I bought them off the TP and didn't bother to change the sigils) and my Exotic Berserker's Lightward's Battlehammer of Accuracy with a Superior Sigil of Accuracy and a Superior Sigil of Force (because that's the hammer I have for when I run hammer on my Herald, so I didn't waste gold buying another exotic hammer). I waited until the airship gangway was down and I stepped onto the top of the pyramid to start the timer and I stopped the timer when the city gates fully opened and Kasmeer walked out. I did not use any mounts or mount skills until they would have been unlocked in the story, and even then only used raptor and long jump. I died 4 times - 3 against the stupid dogs - and was downed one additional time. I did not camp hammer, but switched back and forth as appropriate and necessary. Also, I did not use my glider to get off the pyramid faster, but I did use Facet of Elements for the running speed boost.

> @"Joote.4081" said:

> Those flipping dogs. It took me a while to find a way to take those two down. When I did it was quite easy but what the heck 500 gigawatt laser beams, come on.

> The best class for completing that section I found to be my thief.

Joote, in GW2 you cannot, CANNOT, just stand in one place. You have to move and you have to use your dodges, your blocks, and your evades to avoid taking damage. And, with proper timing, you can, at least sometimes, interrupt attacks to further avoid incoming damage. The only time you can stand in one place and just ignore incoming damage is when you are in an organized group and you have one or more dedicated healers that are there specifically to out-heal the incoming damage (along with the effects of aegis, resistance, and protection, of course) like in a raid or something.

Lastly, whenever you are attacking something and it has a blue (looks more cyan to me, but...) bar underneath its health bar at the top of the screen, you have to use one or more CC skills to break that defiance bar. It generally provides a stun and increased vulnerability to the mob you are attacking. My main on my main account is a power berserker warrior with a greatsword and mace/shield. Between my weapons and my utility skills, I run around with access to 5 separate CC skills. If you don't know what your CC skills are, please go to the wiki and type CC in the search box, it will take you to a great article on CC's, tell you which skills for each profession count as CC's and what the difference between hard CC's and soft CC's are.

1hr is too much, but is understandable, cuz u new to the game.

which profession u play?

i have 1 of each profession and did the history spec with everyone to complete the elite spec weapons collection, the only i had major trouble is my deadeye because i use a extremy glass cannon build, but still it didnt take 1hr.

The dogs phase is very easy with ranged atacks.

> @"Kaltyn of Torbins Deep.2946" said:

> > @"Joote.4081" said:

> > Those flipping dogs. It took me a while to find a way to take those two down. When I did it was quite easy but what the heck 500 gigawatt laser beams, come on.

> > The best class for completing that section I found to be my thief.

>

> Joote, in GW2 you cannot, CANNOT, just stand in one place. You have to move and you have to use your dodges, your blocks, and your evades to avoid taking damage. And, with proper timing, you can, at least sometimes, interrupt attacks to further avoid incoming damage. The only time you can stand in one place and just ignore incoming damage is when you are in an organized group and you have one or more dedicated healers that are there specifically to out-heal the incoming damage (along with the effects of aegis, resistance, and protection, of course) like in a raid or something.

>

> Lastly, whenever you are attacking something and it has a blue (looks more cyan to me, but...) bar underneath its health bar at the top of the screen, you have to use one or more CC skills to break that defiance bar. It generally provides a stun and increased vulnerability to the mob you are attacking. My main on my main account is a power berserker warrior with a greatsword and mace/shield. Between my weapons and my utility skills, I run around with access to 5 separate CC skills. If you don't know what your CC skills are, please go to the wiki and type CC in the search box, it will take you to a great article on CC's, tell you which skills for each profession count as CC's and what the difference between hard CC's and soft CC's are.

But, but I run out of puff and can't dodge anymore. I know you can't just stand there, those lasers will kill you in seconds.

How I managed it in the end was to run into the water . One especially didn't like the water at all and the the other just sniffed at it so while they were split up I jumped them and one at a time which gave them a bad day.

> @"Kaltyn of Torbins Deep.2946" said:

> Okay, I did it. I played through the mission on a toon in their underwear. 20 minutes 18.23 seconds. IN HIS UNDERWEAR.

>

> No trinkets at all, not food, no utilities, and no armor. I was playing on my Revenant Herald with two exotic Berserker's Iron Sword of Earth with Superior Sigil of Earth on both (because I bought them off the TP and didn't bother to change the sigils) and my Exotic Berserker's Lightward's Battlehammer of Accuracy with a Superior Sigil of Accuracy and a Superior Sigil of Force (because that's the hammer I have for when I run hammer on my Herald, so I didn't waste gold buying another exotic hammer). I waited until the airship gangway was down and I stepped onto the top of the pyramid to start the timer and I stopped the timer when the city gates fully opened and Kasmeer walked out. I did not use any mounts or mount skills until they would have been unlocked in the story, and even then only used raptor and long jump. I died 4 times - 3 against the stupid dogs - and was downed one additional time. I did not camp hammer, but switched back and forth as appropriate and necessary. Also, I did not use my glider to get off the pyramid faster, but I did use Facet of Elements for the running speed boost.

So, was this your first try? No? yeah, it wasn't. Get one of your friends who desn't play GW2 to do it with any equipment and then make another post to compare properly.

> @"Yggranya.5201" said:

> > @"Kaltyn of Torbins Deep.2946" said:

> > Okay, I did it. I played through the mission on a toon in their underwear. 20 minutes 18.23 seconds. IN HIS UNDERWEAR.

> >

> > No trinkets at all, not food, no utilities, and no armor. I was playing on my Revenant Herald with two exotic Berserker's Iron Sword of Earth with Superior Sigil of Earth on both (because I bought them off the TP and didn't bother to change the sigils) and my Exotic Berserker's Lightward's Battlehammer of Accuracy with a Superior Sigil of Accuracy and a Superior Sigil of Force (because that's the hammer I have for when I run hammer on my Herald, so I didn't waste gold buying another exotic hammer). I waited until the airship gangway was down and I stepped onto the top of the pyramid to start the timer and I stopped the timer when the city gates fully opened and Kasmeer walked out. I did not use any mounts or mount skills until they would have been unlocked in the story, and even then only used raptor and long jump. I died 4 times - 3 against the stupid dogs - and was downed one additional time. I did not camp hammer, but switched back and forth as appropriate and necessary. Also, I did not use my glider to get off the pyramid faster, but I did use Facet of Elements for the running speed boost.

>

> So, was this your first try? No? yeah, it wasn't. Get one of your friends who desn't play GW2 to do it with any equipment and then make another post to compare properly.

This post inspired me to do it last night to finally unlock the Raptor...the dogs were annoying/frustrating but I managed to clear it in 25 minutes.

I consider myself to be a very clumsy/low tier player due to my poor reaction times etc.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

> > @"Yggranya.5201" said:

> > > @"Kaltyn of Torbins Deep.2946" said:

> > > Okay, I did it. I played through the mission on a toon in their underwear. 20 minutes 18.23 seconds. IN HIS UNDERWEAR.

> > >

> > > No trinkets at all, not food, no utilities, and no armor. I was playing on my Revenant Herald with two exotic Berserker's Iron Sword of Earth with Superior Sigil of Earth on both (because I bought them off the TP and didn't bother to change the sigils) and my Exotic Berserker's Lightward's Battlehammer of Accuracy with a Superior Sigil of Accuracy and a Superior Sigil of Force (because that's the hammer I have for when I run hammer on my Herald, so I didn't waste gold buying another exotic hammer). I waited until the airship gangway was down and I stepped onto the top of the pyramid to start the timer and I stopped the timer when the city gates fully opened and Kasmeer walked out. I did not use any mounts or mount skills until they would have been unlocked in the story, and even then only used raptor and long jump. I died 4 times - 3 against the stupid dogs - and was downed one additional time. I did not camp hammer, but switched back and forth as appropriate and necessary. Also, I did not use my glider to get off the pyramid faster, but I did use Facet of Elements for the running speed boost.

> >

> > So, was this your first try? No? yeah, it wasn't. Get one of your friends who desn't play GW2 to do it with any equipment and then make another post to compare properly.

>

> This post inspired me to do it last night to finally unlock the Raptor...the dogs were annoying/frustrating but I managed to clear it in 25 minutes.

>

> I consider myself to be a very clumsy/low tier player due to my poor reaction times etc.

Tell me about it. I have 2 left feet where my hands should be. I do like to find solutions without putting another 000.2 on my armour or wash my sword in fairy liquid that adds a buff for 0000.2 seconds. In the open world it's easy, there is always a fellow comrade who will stop and lend you their sword/bow/wand hand.

> @"Yggranya.5201" said:

> > @"Kaltyn of Torbins Deep.2946" said:

> > Okay, I did it. I played through the mission on a toon in their underwear. 20 minutes 18.23 seconds. IN HIS UNDERWEAR.

> >

> > No trinkets at all, not food, no utilities, and no armor. I was playing on my Revenant Herald with two exotic Berserker's Iron Sword of Earth with Superior Sigil of Earth on both (because I bought them off the TP and didn't bother to change the sigils) and my Exotic Berserker's Lightward's Battlehammer of Accuracy with a Superior Sigil of Accuracy and a Superior Sigil of Force (because that's the hammer I have for when I run hammer on my Herald, so I didn't waste gold buying another exotic hammer). I waited until the airship gangway was down and I stepped onto the top of the pyramid to start the timer and I stopped the timer when the city gates fully opened and Kasmeer walked out. I did not use any mounts or mount skills until they would have been unlocked in the story, and even then only used raptor and long jump. I died 4 times - 3 against the stupid dogs - and was downed one additional time. I did not camp hammer, but switched back and forth as appropriate and necessary. Also, I did not use my glider to get off the pyramid faster, but I did use Facet of Elements for the running speed boost.

>

> So, was this your first try? No? yeah, it wasn't. Get one of your friends who desn't play GW2 to do it with any equipment and then make another post to compare properly.

Congratulations. You completely missed the point. And no, bragging was not the point.

• 1 month later...