Need advice on how to get back to play GW2

Asking for advice as owner of a 2018 Mac Mini Intel, 512 Gb, 8Gb RAM.

Assuming that unfortunately I have not enough space left on the internal Hard Drive to mount both Windows and the game, I came to select the following configuration:

Parallel Desktop; an internal SSD disk, 250Gb, NVMe M.2, inside a case with usb-c cable to get close to maximum transfer rate of 3.500Mb/s.

I am no computer expert, so I want to ask if you think this configuration could allow me to play smoothly or not.

And eventually if the 250Gb is enough or if I'd better get me a 500Gb disk.

> @"Justin Time.7054" said:

> Asking for advice as owner of a 2018 Mac Mini Intel, 512 Gb, 8Gb RAM.

> Assuming that unfortunately I have not enough space left on the internal Hard Drive to mount both Windows and the game, I came to select the following configuration:

> Parallel Desktop; an internal SSD disk, 250Gb, NVMe M.2, inside a case with usb-c cable to get close to maximum transfer rate of 3.500Mb/s.

> I am no computer expert, so I want to ask if you think this configuration could allow me to play smoothly or not.

> And eventually if the 250Gb is enough or if I'd better get me a 500Gb disk.

what do you mean by "Parallel Desktop"? is it the Parallels virtual machine for macOS? if so then you'll suffer really degraded performance running GW2 under a VM especially on a Mac Mini.

assuming i understood your post correctly, that you're mounting an m.2 ssd via usb-c, then i suggest moving your media (music, videos, documents, non-system files) into the "external drive" or your m.2 and then free up enough space on your main disk and just bootcamp windows 10 from it to run GW2 natively -- you'll get better performance this way, maybe even better than when you were using the mac gw2 client.