I never thought i'd say this...

xan.8936

Anet really needs to rethink it's end game goals to work towards. All these expensive weapon collections that most people will not go for. Why not more legendaries or a cool new title? We have hundreds upon hundreds of weapon skins. I miss season 3/4 when you could go for a cool new legendary each episode.

But Legys are also super expensive. I don't understand the comparison. And how do you know that people do not make these collections?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of them either. But I personally would like more diversity. And legys are not on my list of things I want to see as end-game content.

I would like to see more fractals that are built like before and new raidwings that ... are built like before. New dungeons and strike missions. Up-to-date content that you can play with others.

I personally don't want to grind the thousand thing and run the same events or stuff a thousand times , but play the game.

I enjoy weapon collections, tedious as they can be, gives me a reason to go revisit things. Since I don't have the time to commit to group content, it's a nice something to work on solo. More variety in design would be nice yes.

I would like to see a new title, more legendaries are always welcome but I expect more of that with EoD, so I'll wait. Legendaries are typically a longer work in progress, something to do gradually. The weapons, like in DRMs, are meant to get you doing some dailies and repeating content. It's not for everyone, nor are raids or strike missions, and that's fine.

> @"xan.8936" said:

> Anet really needs to rethink it's end game goals to work towards. All these expensive weapon collections that most people will not go for. Why not more legendaries or a cool new title? We have hundreds upon hundreds of weapon skins. I miss season 3/4 when you could go for a cool new legendary each episode.

Wait ... you think there are lots of expensive weapon collections that most people will not go for ... but then you ask for more Legy gear? Um ...

I like the current mix of dungeons, fractals, strikes, raids. Though dungeons seem dead and I have not done strikes so far and I probably won' get into raids. Fractals are nice though. Fractal Rush last year got me into doing them. Nice tiered and making it easy for beginners.

Open world has a few harder meta events that need coordination. (Core world bosses it mostly is zerging though lol.)

The dragon response missions are - from what I have heard, have not tried them yet - not too interesting. (Maybe only to grind for a few skin/collections. Then moving on to the future content. Probably not really end game content then.)

WvW and PvP is replayable and interesting cause you fight other players and not some stupid AI mob. Though not everyone likes PvP content. Still I'd like to see more updates there for "endgame" (= replayable stuf).

For the PvE part I'd love some more and greater meta events. Would be fun if Lion's Arch got attacked and some merchants, etc. got locked and people needed to do meta to unlock it again.

(I still remember Warhammer online where it was included in the PvP ... or realm vs. realm how iirc they called it ... where the enemy main city was besieged and certain vendors were unavailable I think.)

Orr had that nice stuff with the statues where it if i remember correctly was connected to different maps. (Disabling temple in 1 map disables all of the statues of that god and that statues could be in other maps as well.) Metaserver implementation seems to have removed this though. Something like that would be interesting. On a harder scale. If it could be somehow implemented with meta servers. (Maybe leaving 1 instance of a map and going to another 1 could lead you to an instance that is connected to the previous one. Opening a new instance should open another "set" of all of those connected maps.)

I agree that it's a mistake to assume most people won't get new weapon skins. Maybe they won't make the entire set but they might well get the ones they like at least. To me new weapon skins are more interesting than new titles. I tend to pick a title to fit each character and then forget about it, whereas I'm always changing skins around and looking for new ones.

We might get new legendaries with the next expansion (I don't know, but it's a possibility) but even then they're basically weapon skins, and like any skins they'll appeal to some people and not others.

i’m sorry i guess i didn’t clarify myself well enough. My point I was trying to make is that i would really like different high end reward goals to work for at the end of each episode.

Not just basic weapon collections that are very expensive. Most of these replies were referencing end game playable content something very different.

oh well i guess we will see what comes in the future...

> @"xan.8936" said:

> i’m sorry i guess i didn’t clarify myself well enough. My point I was trying to make is that i would really like different high end reward goals to work for at the end of each episode.

> Not just basic weapon collections that are very expensive. Most of these replies were referencing end game playable content something very different.

> oh well i guess we will see what comes in the future...

Wait for the end of the Episode; it supposed to drop in April.

I don't understand the game's fascination with extremely grindy objectives lately..

I hope we get some meatier content near the end of the episode, but at this point its become like a long-running anime where you have to play through unrewarding filler while you wait months inbetween the actual content being released.

(That said, I do like DRMs and I'm glad we're getting alot of them instead of just a few before they get abandoned.)

But what I feel the most nostalgic over is how they used to constantly update the game with QoL features.

I agree that there needs to be better rewards but also improving the feel of the grind.

To say Guild Wars 2 didn't used to have grind is false. Grind existed but was better disguised.

The problem we have now is two-fold: the grind is too obvious or the content not interesting enough to disguise it.

The rewards don't necessarily seem subjectively worth the cost in time and currency because they are reskins.

Many veterans already have stockpiles of weapons and skins which represent countless hours of work but the only way to display them is on the character. Currently there is a finite amount of alts you can have per account and not everyone wants to buy the character slots to reach that cap just to display the fruits of their labor.

Solution?

Perhaps introduce something we can earn for the home instance to display our accomplishments. Make an interesting list of things we must do that brings us back to older content to breathe new life in to things most of us have left in the dust. Add to it tiers that we can earn so we can start off being able to only display 1 set of our favorite weapons, to being able to display 2-3-10 etc..

I would not encourage monetizing this but perhaps once unlocked they could add monetized aspects: like an npc to look like they are cleaning the pieces, or an npc to model them. A butler to display the things you ask for, or randomly. LOL.

ANyway those are just ideas . Make the carrot great again. idk.

> @"Obfuscate.6430" said:

> I agree that there needs to be better rewards but also improving the feel of the grind.

> To say Guild Wars 2 didn't used to have grind is false. Grind existed but was better disguised.

>

> The problem we have now is two-fold: the grind is too obvious or the content not interesting enough to disguise it.

> The rewards don't necessarily seem subjectively worth the cost in time and currency because they are reskins.

> Many veterans already have stockpiles of weapons and skins which represent countless hours of work but the only way to display them is on the character. Currently there is a finite amount of alts you can have per account and not everyone wants to buy the character slots to reach that cap just to display the fruits of their labor.

>

> Solution?

> Perhaps introduce something we can earn for the home instance to display our accomplishments. Make an interesting list of things we must do that brings us back to older content to breathe new life in to things most of us have left in the dust. Add to it tiers that we can earn so we can start off being able to only display 1 set of our favorite weapons, to being able to display 2-3-10 etc..

> I would not encourage monetizing this but perhaps once unlocked they could add monetized aspects: like an npc to look like they are cleaning the pieces, or an npc to model them. A butler to display the things you ask for, or randomly. LOL.

>

> ANyway those are just ideas . Make the carrot great again. idk.

This is exactly what i was thinking but explained in a much better way. Well said, Obfuscate!

To say that you don't need XY is equivalent to saying just don't play the game in my eyes.

These days even more, because new content to 90% consists only of this grind.

For the Skyscale there was at least a bit of brains behind the whole grind so it was somewhat enjoyable for the story lovers. But otherwise ... meh.

> @"xan.8936" said:

> i’m sorry i guess i didn’t clarify myself well enough. My point I was trying to make is that i would really like different high end reward goals to work for at the end of each episode.

> Not just basic weapon collections that are very expensive. Most of these replies were referencing end game playable content something very different.

> oh well i guess we will see what comes in the future...

Like ... emotes? Skins? Larger Capacity bags? ... just as a few examples? Done, Done and Done.

I mean, my point is that what you ask for ... we have. We do get weapon collections ... sure, but it's not ALL we get.

Just for the record, those legendaries you attribute to season 3 and season 4 didn't exist while season 3 and season 4 were coming out. They were added later to get people back into those zones. So your base information is off.

And many zones included weapon sets such as thunderhead peaks (Dragonsblood) or the two in Domain of Istan (Stellar and Astral).

The difference is that Anet has made getting zone metas more challenging (in the case of strike missions) or grindy.

Anet needs to return to its original formula for zone metas and it needs not to lock mastery points behind hard collections, like the volcanic collection which is RNG or massively expensive and has a mastery point locked behind it. Yeah I know you don't need it, but it's still ludicrous.

I've done every zone meta now (though it took ages) and I've done the Otter collection and I've made all the weapon sets except the two new ones and I agree these weapon sets are excessive and a turn off to most players. It's not a substitution for content.

> @"Vayne.8563" said:

> Just for the record, those legendaries you attribute to season 3 and season 4 didn't exist while season 3 and season 4 were coming out. They were added later to get people back into those zones. So your base information is off.

I believe they refer to the 2nd gen weapons which released usually alongside an episode

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > Just for the record, those legendaries you attribute to season 3 and season 4 didn't exist while season 3 and season 4 were coming out. They were added later to get people back into those zones. So your base information is off.

>

> I believe they refer to the 2nd gen weapons which released usually alongside an episode

>

If they were, my bad, but the OP specifically said I miss Season3/4. They were probably referring to some of the harder to get skins that came out of the zone meta like the ascended backpiece from Draconis Mons or the 32 slot bag from Sandswept.

I personally wouldn’t mind more collections where it requires materials you wouldn’t otherwise use. I mean right now I am making a Gen 2 lege, and using all my mithril, ectos, and orichalcum, I can’t make the dragon slayer weapons as they use the same materials. And I have bloodstone dust, dragonite ore and empyreal fragments sitting around doing nothing...

> @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > > Just for the record, those legendaries you attribute to season 3 and season 4 didn't exist while season 3 and season 4 were coming out. They were added later to get people back into those zones. So your base information is off.

> >

> > I believe they refer to the 2nd gen weapons which released usually alongside an episode

> >

>

> If they were, my bad, but the OP specifically said I miss Season3/4. They were probably referring to some of the harder to get skins that came out of the zone meta like the ascended backpiece from Draconis Mons or the 32 slot bag from Sandswept.

They literally mentioned the legendary weapons released with each new episode.

What they are doing with Icebrood Saga is more expensive than legendaries, takes longer to farm, and has no benefit in the end.