(probably resolved, not sure) i cannot log in the game since...

Is anyone else experiencing this issue ? Is it just me ?

i'm attempting to log in from France (with my usual IP) on megaserver

Build 111959

Error Code 42:0:9001:4457

i'm at my parent's place for 2 weeks with their shitty SFR ADSL service provider but, it worked until yesterday afternoon.

> @"Winderly.2718" said:

> Is anyone else experiencing this issue ? Is it just me ?

>

> i'm attempting to log in from France (with my usual IP) on megaserver

> Build 111959

> Error Code 42:0:9001:4457

>

> i'm at my parent's place for 2 weeks with their kitten SFR ADSL service provider but, it worked until yesterday afternoon.

mostly just you. it's an issue at the user's ISP/Internet Provider or the user's computer (like your firewall or security settings)

see: https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/115015860488 for more info about error 42

if other players/user share the same ISP as you they may encounter similar issues

> @"Winderly.2718" said:

> Is anyone else experiencing this issue ? Is it just me ?

>

> i'm attempting to log in from France (with my usual IP) on megaserver

> Build 111959

> Error Code 42:0:9001:4457

>

> i'm at my parent's place for 2 weeks with their kitten SFR ADSL service provider but, it worked until yesterday afternoon.

https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/115015860488-Error-Code-42

> Error Code 42

Error Message

"The game client is unable to gain access to the log-in server at this time. This is most commonly caused by firewall or router settings, security applications, or connecting through a campus network. For additional support, please visit http://support.guildwars2.com."

What is an Error 42?

Error 42 indicates an interruption in your connection to the game's account servers, which handle everything from login to numerous social systems in the game, including guilds and chat. The error can occur both before and after you've already logged into the game, preventing you from logging in or disrupting your access to certain systems if you're logged-in when problems arise.

On the client-side, the error is most often caused when a network problem disrupts your connection to the account servers. On the server-side, the error can be caused when the servers themselves are experiencing network issues.

How do I fix an Error 42?

Network issues on the server-side are often resolved within a few minutes. If this is not the case, here are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot the issue:

Completely exit the game and close the client. Wait five minutes, then re-launch the game and try again.

Reboot your PC. Giving your computer a chance to reset and reboot can help address numerous issues that might impact your connectivity to the game.

Reset your router and modem. Rebooting your modem can fix connection problems, improve slow connections, and clear out any issues stored in the memory of your router.

Temporarily disable any security software such as Norton, AVAST, AVG, or McAfee, and then re-launch the game.

If these basic steps do not help, try these more advanced troubleshooting steps:

If this does not work, adjust the 'security' setting within your firewall settings. Lowering this setting to 'medium' or 'low' will often clear up connection issues.

Guild Wars 2 requires TCP ports 80, 443, and 6112 to be fully unrestricted and accessible—both inbound and outbound. You can learn more about how to configure your firewall and router ports in this article.

Please note that more severe network outages may take longer to resolve; if this is the case, be sure to watch our social channels for the latest updates as we work to resolve the issues.

[Copied from source in link above]

After days of restarting, it seems to be working again.

i still don't know what caused this, but it was on my side.

Or not, as everything else went back in work order, i presumed the game had to be fixed with the rest but nope, i still cannot login.

i still believe the problem is on my side.