Living world episode recommendation.

Yeah, I've noticed the PS element seems much better later game and seeing as as you get more for your money I might go with season 4. If it proves interesting I will pick up the others.

Ty.

Oh wait, I can get season 3 super cheap. I must have been playing around that time. I may as well throw that one in as well.

If you want to experience the full story ... then in order of release (s2 first) I guess. Unless it is okay for you to just play them in a different order. Personally I think some of the s3 maps look nicer than s4. (Few in s4 are cool as well though.)

Afaik s3 is recommended for farming ascended trinkets. s4 for the skyscale mount. (Where you need access to all the chapters/maps.)

Season 2 offers a bunch of Core Tyria mastery points that help manage Fractals and Legendary Crafting, as well as other benefits. I actually played Season 2 after playing through Heart of Thorns. I preferred it that way--it was cool to see what and how everything led up to the events of Heart of Thorns.

Season 3 is great for ascended trinkets and back pieces. Lots of new maps too, two of which are my favorite. Though, it also has some maps I really don't like.

Season 4 grants two cool and unique mounts, plus new maps. I actually quit before episode 6 for unrelated reasons, so I didn't get to try the Skyscale or new map.

So they all have their own things attached to them. I'd say season 2 is the least impactful in terms of gameplay, while the others come packed with large maps and the like.

> @"Joote.4081" said:

> Yeah, it looks as if 3 and 4 would bring the most benefits even though 2 is more the story element. And I'm more interested in the benefits of loot glorious loot.

so LS4 is unbeatable,

- Dragon Fall farm is 25~30g hour (

)

- roller beetle

- skycale.

- 2 or 3 "armorsets", weaponsets also.

- volatile magic stuff. ( https://gw2lunchbox.com/IstanShipments.html )

- ascended trinkets (sandswept isles + dragonfall currency)

Also lesser stuff to farm, ThunderHead keep stuff, can obtain 7~10 g per day atm(serpentite jewel prices raised up).

Skycale will make ur life very on future if u dive into scavenger hunt and map exploration.

> @"Joote.4081" said:

> Yeah, it looks as if 3 and 4 would bring the most benefits even though 2 is more the story element. And I'm more interested in the benefits of loot glorious loot.

3 and 4 have lots of ascended loot. 4 even has Skyscale unlock. For story: you fight a god, crazy lich and a dragon. You even kill 2 of those listed.

Lots of content and profit.

S2 has none of that. For S2 story: watch a youtube.

I bought 3 and 4. I might pick up 2 later or in a sale. Buying all 3 is a bit expensive when I had so many other things to buy. I have already spent to much on gems this month. Looks like I will be living on beans on toast for a while. :)

> @"Joote.4081" said:

> I bought 3 and 4. I might pick up 2 later or in a sale. Buying all 3 is a bit expensive when I had so many other things to buy. I have already spent to much on gems this month. Looks like I will be living on beans on toast for a while. :)

Did you get LW 3 to access Bloodstone Fen? It one of the easier map to farm for ascended backpack (you pick which attribute it will have and later change it when need for a small fee - need a gizmo from same vendor that sell Unstable Magic items like Ascended backpack and trinkets).

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bloodstone_Fen

Check GW2 wiki for what you need of episodes to get to a certain map and what you can buy there from currencies that you need farm there.

If you want the most benefit, DON'T start with Season 2. Season 3 has maps and more to each episode. Look for recap videos of Season 1 and 2 to catch up.

Season 2 is only worth it for the mastery points and odd fights for AP. The real, replayable content starts at Season 3 after you finished HoT.

> @"The Boz.2038" said:

> S4 doesn't add 2 mounts, just one. Skyscale isn't a S4 mount, it requires *all* expansions and seasons. It just happens to start in S4.

> But yeah, S3 > S4 > S2. S2 has a few redeeming qualities (BL Key per character), but meh.

Does it though? I mean, to even get LS4, you already need to have both expansions (which are sold as a bundle), so that's a non issue.

What do you need LS2 and LS3 for when doing Skyscale? I don't remember needing to go to those maps to do the collections.

Did i forget something?

> @"Fuchslein.8639" said:

> > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > Shame I dident see this sooner OP there is a march sale coming up maybe you should have waited with buying this.

>

> How do you know that and do you know when? Or only that it comes sometime in March?

It usualy go on sale during the march sales every year mate, so its a good guess.

> @"Linken.6345" said:

> Shame I dident see this sooner OP there is a march sale coming up maybe you should have waited with buying this.

Yeah it's okay I got them cheap. I think it was because I already owned some of the episodes. That's good of A-net. Other company's would have charged you for the full pack regardless I will definitely pick up 2 whenever there's a sale though.

> @"Linken.6345" said:

> > @"Fuchslein.8639" said:

> > > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > Shame I dident see this sooner OP there is a march sale coming up maybe you should have waited with buying this.

> >

> > How do you know that and do you know when? Or only that it comes sometime in March?

>

> It usualy go on sale during the march sales every year mate, so its a good guess.

Ah~ I see. Then I will keep an eye on it.