Inside info

At this state of the game, can we just bring back tPvP and sPvP?

It would greatly improve the fun in Q'ing up for seasons. Solo Q is like rolling a dice with the current player base (no hate, but it's just too small to make good matches possible, especially outside of prime time), and unranked can't be taken serious for tPvP.

Solo Q would be as fair as it is right now, rolling a dice while actually trying to climb doing stuff on your own.

Team Q would greatly improve the state of the PvP game as it is, it's super hard to organise inhouses or decent scrims, where Team Q can simply do this for you against teams who are also, atleast trying to win with similiar rating.

Don't worry about longer Q's anymore, the PvP scene that still cares is willing to wait longer for better quality games instead of rolling a dice every 15min.

Please take this into consideration.

This kind of already exists in the format of ATs, but they really should make ATs more frequent even if they lower the rewards when doing so.

In my opinion they need to remove ranked mode completely, and start doing monthly seasons for ATs. Then they can tie old ranked rewards to unranked for the pve grinders, and transist the rating/badge system to AT matches per monthly AT season only.

> @"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:

> This kind of already exists in the format of ATs, but they really should make ATs more frequent even if they lower the rewards when doing so.

>

> In my opinion they need to remove ranked mode completely, and start doing monthly seasons for ATs. Then they can tie old ranked rewards to unranked for the pve grinders, and transist the rating/badge system to AT matches per monthly AT season only.

I think this is a solid idea.

> This kind of already exists in the format of ATs, but they really should make ATs more frequent even if they lower the rewards when doing so.

>

> In my opinion they need to remove ranked mode completely, and start doing monthly seasons for ATs. Then they can tie old ranked rewards to unranked for the pve grinders, and transist the rating/badge system to AT matches per monthly AT season only.

Hmmm, how would you design such a monthly AT season? Care to elaborate a little further? Only full teamQ, varying compositions, individual rating? Or really just pre-determined teams for a season?

> @"Megametzler.5729" said:

> > @"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:

> > This kind of already exists in the format of ATs, but they really should make ATs more frequent even if they lower the rewards when doing so.

> >

> > In my opinion they need to remove ranked mode completely, and start doing monthly seasons for ATs. Then they can tie old ranked rewards to unranked for the pve grinders, and transist the rating/badge system to AT matches per monthly AT season only.

>

> Hmmm, how would you design such a monthly AT season? Care to elaborate a little further? Only full teamQ, varying compositions, individual rating? Or really just pre-determined teams for a season?

Easiest format and how to explain it would be taking literally the exact ranked rating system we have now in terms of the actual algorithm functions tied to rating gain/loss and badge icons, and then just apply it to ATs.

So a monthly AT season starts ok, everyone gets the soft reset or w/e. Then you make teams with whoever you want each AT and you gain/lose your individual rating based on that just like in ranked. And yes, it would most certainly be full 5 man premade teams ONLY. If it wasn't, it would defeat the entire purpose of this idea, which is to eliminate the monkey business that has ruined ranked mode.

Let everyone else go farm unranked for legend wings imo.

Actual competitive players don't care about rewards beyond winning matches and gaining clout. It just means so much more when it's legit and not full of monkey business. I'd love to see it again in GW2.

> > @"Megametzler.5729" said:

> > > @"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:

> > > This kind of already exists in the format of ATs, but they really should make ATs more frequent even if they lower the rewards when doing so.

> > >

> > > In my opinion they need to remove ranked mode completely, and start doing monthly seasons for ATs. Then they can tie old ranked rewards to unranked for the pve grinders, and transist the rating/badge system to AT matches per monthly AT season only.

> >

> > Hmmm, how would you design such a monthly AT season? Care to elaborate a little further? Only full teamQ, varying compositions, individual rating? Or really just pre-determined teams for a season?

>

> Easiest format and how to explain it would be taking literally the exact ranked rating system we have now in terms of the actual algorithm functions tied to rating gain/loss and badge icons, and then just apply it to ATs.

>

> So a monthly AT season starts ok, everyone gets the soft reset or w/e. Then you make teams with whoever you want each AT and you gain/lose your individual rating based on that just like in ranked. And yes, it would most certainly be full 5 man premade teams ONLY. If it wasn't, it would defeat the entire purpose of this idea, which is to eliminate the monkey business that has ruined ranked mode.

>

> Let everyone else go farm unranked for legend wings imo.

>

> Actual competitive players don't care about rewards beyond winning matches and gaining clout. It just means so much more when it's legit and not full of monkey business. I'd love to see it again in GW2.

Then why not just go ahead with OP's suggestion and introduce tPvP and get rid of ATs altogether? ATs could be changed to be only the monthly version for the top 4 to 8 teams.

Just introduce (full) team Q seperate to soloQ. I believe a lot of people still enjoy soloQ, so why get rid of it? I doubt a majority will be willing to participate in full team Q only and step down to unranked. I, for my part, am interested in rating but too casual to schedule my time table to 4 other players in my skill range...

> > > @"Megametzler.5729" said:

> > > > @"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:

> > > > This kind of already exists in the format of ATs, but they really should make ATs more frequent even if they lower the rewards when doing so.

> > > >

> > > > In my opinion they need to remove ranked mode completely, and start doing monthly seasons for ATs. Then they can tie old ranked rewards to unranked for the pve grinders, and transist the rating/badge system to AT matches per monthly AT season only.

> > >

> > > Hmmm, how would you design such a monthly AT season? Care to elaborate a little further? Only full teamQ, varying compositions, individual rating? Or really just pre-determined teams for a season?

> >

> > Easiest format and how to explain it would be taking literally the exact ranked rating system we have now in terms of the actual algorithm functions tied to rating gain/loss and badge icons, and then just apply it to ATs.

> >

> > So a monthly AT season starts ok, everyone gets the soft reset or w/e. Then you make teams with whoever you want each AT and you gain/lose your individual rating based on that just like in ranked. And yes, it would most certainly be full 5 man premade teams ONLY. If it wasn't, it would defeat the entire purpose of this idea, which is to eliminate the monkey business that has ruined ranked mode.

> >

> > Let everyone else go farm unranked for legend wings imo.

> >

> > Actual competitive players don't care about rewards beyond winning matches and gaining clout. It just means so much more when it's legit and not full of monkey business. I'd love to see it again in GW2.

>

> Then why not just go ahead with OP's suggestion and introduce tPvP and get rid of ATs altogether? ATs could be changed to be only the monthly version for the top 4 to 8 teams.

>

> Just introduce (full) team Q seperate to soloQ. I believe a lot of people still enjoy soloQ, so why get rid of it? I doubt a majority will be willing to participate in full team Q only and step down to unranked. I, for my part, am interested in rating but too casual to schedule my time table to 4 other players in my skill range...

We've already been there done that. We had league seasons if you remember, and the teams had ratings based on guild teams that were registered. This was initially a part of S1 and S2 if I remember correctly, or possibly a couple seasons before they introduced the current system. Either way, here were the problems:

1. Mixed queues. It took 3 in a registered guild team to participate for a leaderboard position. but solos or a duo could join but then everyone complains if a 5 man premade wins.

2. A full team of solos could still queue without getting placed on leaderboards but then they all complain.

3. When teams are allowed to grind all day in nonstop queues, you get the strongest teams exasperating the above problem of solos complaining about going against premades.

4. Even if it were only 5 man premades allowed in the queue, you still have a system of strong teams queueing non stop farming lesser teams, and then strong teams will QUEUE DODGE EACH OTHER WITH A HAND SHAKE so they can farm lesser teams and just ride to the top so they all win, instead of having to fight each other.

So when this is all tied to ATs and how they seed, the system for a 5 man competitive rating system would be better because strong teams would be made to face each other in those ATs, and lesser teams get fair chances to fight lesser teams instead of only be farmed by strong teams, mostly anyway. They could still say "Ok I will run the AT at this time, and you guys run an AT later, and we won't interfere with each other's ATs so we don't need to eat rating loss against each other in finals" but that's only for those who hand shake to do it. In ranked, they can literally queue dodge whoever they want. But teams who are not hand shaking to that, they won't be able to avoid anymore and they won't be able to solo/duo only synch queue throw on those players to blast their ratings down into g3 either. They would have to have to actually fight those players instead of dodging them.

Things would be much more real again with this suggestion. I'm not saying it would be perfect, but it would certainly be several times stronger than the current ranked solo/duo only mode. And we don't need registered teams for a team name rating either. It can just as easily function off individual rating, so we can all mingle and play together for a given AT like we do now. Honestly it's a fun thing to be able to play with different people rather than hard registered teams. Individual rating would allow us to do this without a hassle. Just play with who you know is good and around your level and things would work out just fine. In fact, it would reflect true player skill ratings on a far more accurate scale that what ratings show now.

Considering the complaints about player base size already, having two separate queues will just divide the player base further so both modes would suffer from low amount of players. No sense to have both sPvP and tPvP. Pick one or the other. It's also likely the reason tournaments are spaced out so much, so solo queues survive.

tPvP suffers from needing your entire team to be on at the same time. That is not easy for many people to find and schedule such a thing. Someone from your team gets busy at work, has a sudden lapse in gaming time due to life issues, etc., then the whole team is out. So you'd need to have a list of spares available to sub in. And then, you can have upset teammates who wanted to play tPvP , grabbed 2 subs and lost a bunch of games, which tanked the team rating. If anything, overall player availability would be less because having a full team on at the same time would be lower. And you'd want multiple teams available for good matchups.

On the other hand, maybe Anet would pay more attention if we start seeing an entire team of bots and we got complaints from multiple teams.

In general, this looks like a fix for high level players. The average dredges like me (G1) likely wouldn't benefit from tPvP. If anything, it would discourage a lot of people from participating in PvP, which again, serves to lessen the player base. The point of this isn't to say not to do PvP, but to consider ways to work around the above issues.

> (...)

So you want to keep the current system of ATs with the ratings of ranked, get rid of ranked altogether and just shuffle the rest of the players into unranked? I fear ATs as a system are way too half-baked to rely on them so much. And I fear too many people would be very irritated that one of their game modes (one for trolling, one for more serious play) gets deleted.

We just need a more regular option to teamQ. Swiss improved the system, but... it is still far from good.

> > > > This kind of already exists in the format of ATs, but they really should make ATs more frequent even if they lower the rewards when doing so.

> > > >

> > > > In my opinion they need to remove ranked mode completely, and start doing monthly seasons for ATs. Then they can tie old ranked rewards to unranked for the pve grinders, and transist the rating/badge system to AT matches per monthly AT season only.

> > >

> > > Hmmm, how would you design such a monthly AT season? Care to elaborate a little further? Only full teamQ, varying compositions, individual rating? Or really just pre-determined teams for a season?

> >

> > Easiest format and how to explain it would be taking literally the exact ranked rating system we have now in terms of the actual algorithm functions tied to rating gain/loss and badge icons, and then just apply it to ATs.

> >

> > So a monthly AT season starts ok, everyone gets the soft reset or w/e. Then you make teams with whoever you want each AT and you gain/lose your individual rating based on that just like in ranked. And yes, it would most certainly be full 5 man premade teams ONLY. If it wasn't, it would defeat the entire purpose of this idea, which is to eliminate the monkey business that has ruined ranked mode.

> >

> > Let everyone else go farm unranked for legend wings imo.

> >

> > Actual competitive players don't care about rewards beyond winning matches and gaining clout. It just means so much more when it's legit and not full of monkey business. I'd love to see it again in GW2.

>

> Then why not just go ahead with OP's suggestion and introduce tPvP and get rid of ATs altogether? ATs could be changed to be only the monthly version for the top 4 to 8 teams.

>

> Just introduce (full) team Q seperate to soloQ. I believe a lot of people still enjoy soloQ, so why get rid of it? I doubt a majority will be willing to participate in full team Q only and step down to unranked. I, for my part, am interested in rating but too casual to schedule my time table to 4 other players in my skill range...

More about this ^

The only reason why anyone enjoys solo queue is because they are unaware of how much match manipulation is happening in it. And the reason why that match manipulation happens is clout chasing. If you were take away the rating & badges & titles and just let them grind the ranked rewards in an unranked mode, no one would care to cheat, and they could freely 5 man queue or solo queue in mixed queue and it would be fine. The system that you want for soloQ teamQ can easily coexist together in a single unranked mode if there is no clout attached to it. Then just put the clout attachment to ATs, where all of the most competitive players play anyway. If people don't want to take the time to learn how to keep up or form their own organized teams to get a plat badge, well then I guess they don't want it badly enough.

And you don't need to schedule a time for a hard organized group to play in ATs. It is very easy to go into the LFG and find a group last minute that ranges from g3, bottom plat, p2+. The only groups that are difficult to get into are the strongest groups comprised of players who actually could win the MAT. Everyone else can easily get into a group for ATs in the same exact way they form groups for fractals or anything else. It's absolutely no different. This isn't hopeful garbage I'm telling you here. This is coming from someone who runs 2 to 3 ATs a day. It is not difficult to form a 5 man team for ATs.

> > > > @"Megametzler.5729" said:

> > > > > @"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:

> If you were take away the rating & badges & titles and just let them grind the ranked rewards in an unranked mode, no one would care to cheat, and they could freely 5 man queue or solo queue in mixed queue and it would be fine. The system that you want for soloQ teamQ can easily coexist together in a single unranked mode if there is no clout attached to it. Then just put the clout attachment to ATs, where all of the most competitive players play anyway. If people don't want to take the time to learn how to keep up or form their own organized teams to get a plat badge, well then I guess they don't want it badly enough.

I think this is the most elegant solution we could have, with the most minimal amount of change from existing systems. While one can argue that getting rid of ranked queue and transplanting the badges to ATs is roughly equivalent to getting rid of ATs and changing ranked to team-only, I believe the former is a much better solution. As things are right now, ATs are entirely defined by being a full-premade experience. On the other hand, ranked queue most certainly is not. I think keeping ATs and deleting ranked would require the least amount of adjustment from the playerbase. Clout chasers are already doing ATs as the true competitive mode, while the rest of us bads might be happy to farm byzantium chests in unranked.

> > > > > This kind of already exists in the format of ATs, but they really should make ATs more frequent even if they lower the rewards when doing so.

> > > > >

> > > > > In my opinion they need to remove ranked mode completely, and start doing monthly seasons for ATs. Then they can tie old ranked rewards to unranked for the pve grinders, and transist the rating/badge system to AT matches per monthly AT season only.

> > > >

> > > > Hmmm, how would you design such a monthly AT season? Care to elaborate a little further? Only full teamQ, varying compositions, individual rating? Or really just pre-determined teams for a season?

> > >

> > > Easiest format and how to explain it would be taking literally the exact ranked rating system we have now in terms of the actual algorithm functions tied to rating gain/loss and badge icons, and then just apply it to ATs.

> > >

> > > So a monthly AT season starts ok, everyone gets the soft reset or w/e. Then you make teams with whoever you want each AT and you gain/lose your individual rating based on that just like in ranked. And yes, it would most certainly be full 5 man premade teams ONLY. If it wasn't, it would defeat the entire purpose of this idea, which is to eliminate the monkey business that has ruined ranked mode.

> > >

> > > Let everyone else go farm unranked for legend wings imo.

> > >

> > > Actual competitive players don't care about rewards beyond winning matches and gaining clout. It just means so much more when it's legit and not full of monkey business. I'd love to see it again in GW2.

> >

> > Then why not just go ahead with OP's suggestion and introduce tPvP and get rid of ATs altogether? ATs could be changed to be only the monthly version for the top 4 to 8 teams.

> >

> > Just introduce (full) team Q seperate to soloQ. I believe a lot of people still enjoy soloQ, so why get rid of it? I doubt a majority will be willing to participate in full team Q only and step down to unranked. I, for my part, am interested in rating but too casual to schedule my time table to 4 other players in my skill range...

>

> More about this ^

>

> The only reason why anyone enjoys solo queue is because they are unaware of how much match manipulation is happening in it. And the reason why that match manipulation happens is clout chasing. (...)

No, I am having fun and I rarely see match manipulation. And if they do in other games, I don't care. My personal rating does not change, I am barely affected.

> (...)

> And you don't need to schedule a time for a hard organized group to play in ATs. It is very easy to go into the LFG and find a group last minute that ranges from g3, bottom plat, p2+. The only groups that are difficult to get into are the strongest groups comprised of players who actually could win the MAT. Everyone else can easily get into a group for ATs in the same exact way they form groups for fractals or anything else. It's absolutely no different. This isn't hopeful garbage I'm telling you here. This is coming from someone who runs 2 to 3 ATs a day. It is not difficult to form a 5 man team for ATs.

I rarely have the time to play several games a day, including waiting time for the next round. I am a very casual player, I play a game here, I play a game there. I usually don't make the 120 games necessary to finish the season, but I am still in Plat3, experiencing fun and challenging matches.

I don't want the rating system taken away from me and I don't see a reason why it should. I should not get punished for other people's match manipulation and botting.

> > > > > @"Megametzler.5729" said:

> > > > > > @"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:

> > > > > > This kind of already exists in the format of ATs, but they really should make ATs more frequent even if they lower the rewards when doing so.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > In my opinion they need to remove ranked mode completely, and start doing monthly seasons for ATs. Then they can tie old ranked rewards to unranked for the pve grinders, and transist the rating/badge system to AT matches per monthly AT season only.

> > > > >

> > > > > Hmmm, how would you design such a monthly AT season? Care to elaborate a little further? Only full teamQ, varying compositions, individual rating? Or really just pre-determined teams for a season?

> > > >

> > > > Easiest format and how to explain it would be taking literally the exact ranked rating system we have now in terms of the actual algorithm functions tied to rating gain/loss and badge icons, and then just apply it to ATs.

> > > >

> > > > So a monthly AT season starts ok, everyone gets the soft reset or w/e. Then you make teams with whoever you want each AT and you gain/lose your individual rating based on that just like in ranked. And yes, it would most certainly be full 5 man premade teams ONLY. If it wasn't, it would defeat the entire purpose of this idea, which is to eliminate the monkey business that has ruined ranked mode.

> > > >

> > > > Let everyone else go farm unranked for legend wings imo.

> > > >

> > > > Actual competitive players don't care about rewards beyond winning matches and gaining clout. It just means so much more when it's legit and not full of monkey business. I'd love to see it again in GW2.

> > >

> > > Then why not just go ahead with OP's suggestion and introduce tPvP and get rid of ATs altogether? ATs could be changed to be only the monthly version for the top 4 to 8 teams.

> > >

> > > Just introduce (full) team Q seperate to soloQ. I believe a lot of people still enjoy soloQ, so why get rid of it? I doubt a majority will be willing to participate in full team Q only and step down to unranked. I, for my part, am interested in rating but too casual to schedule my time table to 4 other players in my skill range...

> >

> > More about this ^

> >

> > The only reason why anyone enjoys solo queue is because they are unaware of how much match manipulation is happening in it. And the reason why that match manipulation happens is clout chasing. (...)

>

> No, I am having fun and I rarely see match manipulation. And if they do in other games, I don't care. My personal rating does not change, I am barely affected.

>

> > (...)

> > And you don't need to schedule a time for a hard organized group to play in ATs. It is very easy to go into the LFG and find a group last minute that ranges from g3, bottom plat, p2+. The only groups that are difficult to get into are the strongest groups comprised of players who actually could win the MAT. Everyone else can easily get into a group for ATs in the same exact way they form groups for fractals or anything else. It's absolutely no different. This isn't hopeful garbage I'm telling you here. This is coming from someone who runs 2 to 3 ATs a day. It is not difficult to form a 5 man team for ATs.

>

> I rarely have the time to play several games a day, including waiting time for the next round. I am a very casual player, I play a game here, I play a game there. I usually don't make the 120 games necessary to finish the season, but I am still in Plat3, experiencing fun and challenging matches.

>

> I don't want the rating system taken away from me and I don't see a reason why it should. I should not get punished for other people's match manipulation and botting.

You just aren't noticing how much match manipulation is happening. It may different on EU, but it's horrendous on NA as of season 25 to the point that most people consider season 25 the official end of ranked already.

The rating system would be taken away from you. It would just shift to ATs where it belongs so no one can be match manipulated by synch queues.

> > > > > > @"Megametzler.5729" said:

> > > > > > > @"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:

> > > > > > > This kind of already exists in the format of ATs, but they really should make ATs more frequent even if they lower the rewards when doing so.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > In my opinion they need to remove ranked mode completely, and start doing monthly seasons for ATs. Then they can tie old ranked rewards to unranked for the pve grinders, and transist the rating/badge system to AT matches per monthly AT season only.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Hmmm, how would you design such a monthly AT season? Care to elaborate a little further? Only full teamQ, varying compositions, individual rating? Or really just pre-determined teams for a season?

> > > > >

> > > > > Easiest format and how to explain it would be taking literally the exact ranked rating system we have now in terms of the actual algorithm functions tied to rating gain/loss and badge icons, and then just apply it to ATs.

> > > > >

> > > > > So a monthly AT season starts ok, everyone gets the soft reset or w/e. Then you make teams with whoever you want each AT and you gain/lose your individual rating based on that just like in ranked. And yes, it would most certainly be full 5 man premade teams ONLY. If it wasn't, it would defeat the entire purpose of this idea, which is to eliminate the monkey business that has ruined ranked mode.

> > > > >

> > > > > Let everyone else go farm unranked for legend wings imo.

> > > > >

> > > > > Actual competitive players don't care about rewards beyond winning matches and gaining clout. It just means so much more when it's legit and not full of monkey business. I'd love to see it again in GW2.

> > > >

> > > > Then why not just go ahead with OP's suggestion and introduce tPvP and get rid of ATs altogether? ATs could be changed to be only the monthly version for the top 4 to 8 teams.

> > > >

> > > > Just introduce (full) team Q seperate to soloQ. I believe a lot of people still enjoy soloQ, so why get rid of it? I doubt a majority will be willing to participate in full team Q only and step down to unranked. I, for my part, am interested in rating but too casual to schedule my time table to 4 other players in my skill range...

> > >

> > > More about this ^

> > >

> > > The only reason why anyone enjoys solo queue is because they are unaware of how much match manipulation is happening in it. And the reason why that match manipulation happens is clout chasing. (...)

> >

> > No, I am having fun and I rarely see match manipulation. And if they do in other games, I don't care. My personal rating does not change, I am barely affected.

> >

> > > (...)

> > > And you don't need to schedule a time for a hard organized group to play in ATs. It is very easy to go into the LFG and find a group last minute that ranges from g3, bottom plat, p2+. The only groups that are difficult to get into are the strongest groups comprised of players who actually could win the MAT. Everyone else can easily get into a group for ATs in the same exact way they form groups for fractals or anything else. It's absolutely no different. This isn't hopeful garbage I'm telling you here. This is coming from someone who runs 2 to 3 ATs a day. It is not difficult to form a 5 man team for ATs.

> >

> > I rarely have the time to play several games a day, including waiting time for the next round. I am a very casual player, I play a game here, I play a game there. I usually don't make the 120 games necessary to finish the season, but I am still in Plat3, experiencing fun and challenging matches.

> >

> > I don't want the rating system taken away from me and I don't see a reason why it should. I should not get punished for other people's match manipulation and botting.

>

> You just aren't noticing how much match manipulation is happening. It may different on EU, but it's horrendous on NA as of season 25 to the point that most people consider season 25 the official end of ranked already.

>

> The rating system would be taken away from you. It would just shift to ATs where it belongs so no one can be match manipulated by synch queues.

Don't get me wrong: I am all for more team queue options. Be it a seperate ranked Q or implementing it in ATs or however.

I am also sure there is (some?) match manipulation happening in EU. It doesn't affect me though.

My main focus is keeping one queue for trolling and one queue for actual serious - as far as that is possible - gameplay. One queue for short queue times and quick and random fun, doesn't even need a real matchmaker at this point. And one queue for more competitive games, longer queue times. I currently have this and I would like to keep this. And it would not impact you at all, so why get rid of it?