Why does nobody join for whisper of jormag?

> @"Cleopatra.4068" said:

> I don’t understand the raiding community at all. They complain they never get new raids. Then they yell at anyone who wants to play raids that they are all too incompetent, lazy, casual, and suck at the game to play with them. So no one plays raids. So ArenaNet doesn’t make anymore raids. So raiders yell at all the people who they wouldn’t let play raids for not playing raids. It just goes around and around in a circle that somehow never seems to be the raiding communities fault.

>

> If you want people to play raids, stop insulting people who want to play them and let them play with you. Stop creating artificial barriers to growing the raiding community by placing ridiculous hoops for people to jump through in the way.

>

> Want to play raids with us? First, install a third party application, then spend hundreds of hours whacking a training golem until the third party application says your DPS perfectly matched our arbitrarily defined measure of competence. Sure....I’ll get right on that. Then, join a training guild and spend months running training runs once a week until you have obtained our arbitrarily defined measure of KP and LI that indicates you aren’t too noob to live. That doesn’t sound condescending, insulting, rude or overbearing at all. Who wouldn’t want to play with a community of condescending, insulting, rude, overbearing elitists like that?

>

> The hoops aren’t really even the problem. The problem is that only kitten want to play with kitten. GW2 apparently doesn’t have enough kitten playing to support the raiding community.

If that were how it happened, that would indeed not make any sense.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Cleopatra.4068" said:

> I don’t understand the raiding community at all. They complain they never get new raids. Then they yell at anyone who wants to play raids that they are all too incompetent, lazy, casual, and suck at the game to play with them. So no one plays raids. So ArenaNet doesn’t make anymore raids. So raiders yell at all the people who they wouldn’t let play raids for not playing raids. It just goes around and around in a circle that somehow never seems to be the raiding communities fault.

>

> If you want people to play raids, stop insulting people who want to play them and let them play with you. Stop creating artificial barriers to growing the raiding community by placing ridiculous hoops for people to jump through in the way.

>

> Want to play raids with us? First, install a third party application, then spend hundreds of hours whacking a training golem until the third party application says your DPS perfectly matched our arbitrarily defined measure of competence. Sure....I’ll get right on that. Then, join a training guild and spend months running training runs once a week until you have obtained our arbitrarily defined measure of KP and LI that indicates you aren’t too noob to live. That doesn’t sound condescending, insulting, rude or overbearing at all. Who wouldn’t want to play with a community of condescending, insulting, rude, overbearing elitists like that?

>

> The hoops aren’t really even the problem. The problem is that only kitten want to play with kitten. GW2 apparently doesn’t have enough kitten playing to support the raiding community.

Source? I mean besides the forum warriors here?

Have you been to a training raid or discord? Have YOU personally actually participated in this content or tried to enter it, or are you regurgitating forum nonsense?

Telling others that they are bad at something is not toxic (unless presented in a toxic way). I literally have to tell new raiders exactly what they are bad at, in order to be able to explain to them how to improve. That does not mean I scream or yell at them, feedback can be given in a direct yet constructive way. It's called a learning process.

Is it a fact that the vast majority of open world players are incapable? YES. That's not being toxic. That's making a statement about the ability of the average player in this game. Literally supported by a developer quote that the average damage of players is 1/10th of that of experienced players. AVERAGE damage.

Now anyone can take this information in any way they like. Some will take it as:"wow, I really need/want to improve." and then look for others to help them, or help themselves with guides and videos. Others will simply yell:"stop shaming me." and not change a single thing about their performance. Everyone gets to chose how they approach this.

Elitist idiots demanding Snowcrow's builds literally turned me off from strikes. The content is not that hard for starters and secondly it's getting pretty hard to find any content in this game that is not steamrolled by a few meta builds. Zero complexity in this game. Max power, max precision, max ferocity + cheese meta build and that is all this game is.

Its a borefest as 75% of armors are irrelevant and the same percentage of traits and builds are as well.

> @"Cromx.3941" said:

> Elitist idiots demanding Snowcrow's builds literally turned me off from strikes.

I have cleared all strikes repeatedly for months after the release and have never seen anyone demanding snowcrows builds. Yes, they will try to get the essential supports but rarely have I seen demands for specific DPS builds.

> @"Cuks.8241" said:

> > @"Cromx.3941" said:

> > Elitist idiots demanding Snowcrow's builds literally turned me off from strikes.

>

> I have cleared all strikes repeatedly for months after the release and have never seen anyone demanding snowcrows builds. Yes, they will try to get the essential supports but rarely have I seen demands for specific DPS builds.

>

>

Count yourself lucky. I experienced it a few times and my builds are generally high DPS or support, (I have 5 or 6 for guard for instance)...so it usually is not aimed at me, but I have seen people insta booted because of non-meta builds. Huge turn off, because I actually like the play the encounters the way they were meant to be played and not have OP meta builds essentially break the mechanics of the encounter.

I feel most people are just playing everything to RUSH RUSH RUSH RUSH....and to what end? I enjoy a challenge and to actually experience the content. It's nice to require teamwork and not just faceroll builds.

> @"Cromx.3941" said:

> Elitist idiots demanding Snowcrow's builds literally turned me off from strikes. The content is not that hard for starters and secondly it's getting pretty hard to find any content in this game that is not steamrolled by a few meta builds. Zero complexity in this game. Max power, max precision, max ferocity + cheese meta build and that is all this game is.

>

> Its a borefest as 75% of armors are irrelevant and the same percentage of traits and builds are as well.

Like @"Cuks.8241" said, i never see ppl asking for specific builds for strikes (and even raids). You have often some role asked like heal, boon dealer, and dps (power or condi). As long as you perform your role, nobody will look at your build.

But yes, if someone do less damage than the healer as a "dps", maybe they can ask for it..