Champions Chapter 3 trailer dropped

Grand Marshal.4098

> @"Grand Marshal.4098" said:

> > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > Is that Primordus? If so, what part of it are we looking at there?

>

> No idea lmao. Looks too small compared to S3 (i wouldn't like them to change Primordus' size, but given how they did it with Kralkatorrik, I imagine he will look smaller in a cutscene?).

>

> Who knows, maybe it's Primordus' current top Lieutenant and if Braham defeats it, he becomes the champion lol.

>

> I would like to hear Primordus' voice though if that's him.

Thf i wouldnt mind making him smaller, sinc ehe was absolutely massive in s3 and ever getting the full body of that head was unrealistic.

Also his se3 design compaired to his gw1 looks derpy.

> @"Healix.5819" said:

> > @"Nexxus.5347" said:

> > What happen to the saga... you started so strong... who thought is was ok to drop the ball on living world... Expansion level content in living world we were told... this is not expansion level content. Not even an epilogue map. Epilogue... Get on an airship. go to Cantha. Yawn... back to Final Fantasy 14.

>

> The layoffs happened. S5+ was originally planned to be much bigger, with them originally talking about it playing out over a couple of years and having no plans for another expansion. Datamining even suggested new hero challenges for example, meaning new elites. Months after the layoffs and shortly after the prologue released, the guy in charge, who was also the one pushing S5, quit, and then a few months later they announce an expansion. This final episode is what it is because the live team is operating on minimal resources while everyone else is attempting to rush out an expansion in practically half their usual time.

>

They layoffs had lottle to do since they happened before the announcement, but you are right everyone is likely on eod at this point.

Also im not sure about rushing an expac, pof was 16-18 months of development and it came at around a 2 year mark since hot.

Edo was announced in early 2020 and there was bound to be a certain lvl of development at oeast a couple of months before that.

Say there could be a small drought of 4-5 months after april that puts the release in late q3 possibly early q4 of 2021 thats like 16 or so konths of dev time.

> @"notebene.3190" said:

> I hope there are enough mastery points when this is all done for me to complete the mastery. The way things are going, I might not be able to complete the last 2, let alone the last one, in the line, as there don't seem to be enough options outside of the "spend a lot of money buying weapons" or "do things in super challenge mode" choices.

>

> I've gotten used to the 8 raid points being the only ones I can't get, and that seemed like an easy 'line in the sand' for me to accept. I'd be discouraged if the new normal is to let casual folks fail because they don't want to participate in non-public style content.

I'll be facing this for the first time as well. I _do_ have the 8 raid masteries, and it's not like I'm utterly incapable of grinding out a few more Saga mastery points, but... I don't want to do Cold War 20 times, nor do I want to spend all day loitering in Grothmar for 5 RNG boss spawns.

I've actually decided to stop thinking hard or trying to reflect deeply on the game, as doing so tends to rapidly deflate my excitement for EoD. Since I've decided to buy EoD anyways (thanks to the sunk cost fallacy), I want to at least feel better about it in the run-up to release.

Braham will kill Ryland, who is the proxy for Jormag. He will get his fire magic (Primordus) bow back.

Also, Aurene will combine Primordus and Jormag into one balanced dragon. If the light prism dragon can refract the magical spectrum then couldn’t she also combine two magical wavelengths / attunements?

I am enjoying the lore and DRMs but do admit I don’t find them repayable once the easy goals are achieved