Either remove rewards from PvP or just reward winners

It's really stupid design hands down....this kind of philosophy only attracts individuals who couldn't care less about competition, PvP and just waste other people time . Rewarding people for losing makes absolutely no sense, getting better should be your reward and if you can't stand that...then don't go PvP it's that simple

You should go PvP because you enjoy fighting other players first of all...not because of the reward itself, how can you expect the gamemode to work when you invite that kind of ideology?

> @"Nilkemia.8507" said:

> A great idea...if your goal is to kill off SPvP even faster.

You're supposed to go PvP for prestige not for gold like you'd supposed to go WvW because you enjoy large format fights and finally PvE because you enjoy grinding or whatever. It's ok more than ok to give some form of PvP currency which is highly lucrative like memory of battles are in WvW but...right now the gold rewards in PvP are just too much for simply joining ....**you are not supposed to get any pips if you lose** in case they'd leave the current system.

In an ideal world gold rewards should go to AT, making it a larger instance for starter but at the same time keeping rewards away from bots and farmers : gold rewards should increase as an incentive but yeah...gold rewards should be removed from Ranked.

Ranked should not even have a leaderboard : It's a random game mode

> @"Arheundel.6451" said:

> You're supposed to go PvP for prestige not for gold like you'd supposed to go WvW because you enjoy large format fights and finally PvE because you enjoy grinding or whatever. It's ok more than ok to give some form of PvP currency which is highly lucrative like memory of battles are in WvW but...right now the gold rewards in PvP are just too much for simply joining ....**you are not supposed to get any pips if you lose** in case they'd leave the current system.

>

> In an ideal world gold rewards should go to AT, making it a larger instance for starter but at the same time keeping rewards away from bots and farmers : gold rewards should increase as an incentive but yeah...gold rewards should be removed from Ranked.

>

> Ranked should not even have a leaderboard : It's a random game mode

Prestige? How is that even measured? PvP ranking is at best an indicator of how many game one has played, and isn't good for anything but finishers, which I hardly care about. And if you're about to say PvP rating during the ranked seasons, well, there's a vid for you. Prestige is meaningless as far as I'm concerned.

The system is already designed in a way that winners get more than those who lose, so there's already an incentive to win. And, back when I did play the mode, the gold was just a bonus, for me, the main reward was whatever the reward tracks had, or the ascended shards of glory from pip tracks to get ascended weapons easier. And even that wasn't worth the frustration and toxicity of the mode in general. Gating gold behind tournaments would do little, if anything to make them more appealing.

Probably the only thing I agree with is that leaderboards don't need to exist, since I don't see what purpose they serve or who they serve at all. But overall, these changes would be bad. PvP would lose even more population, and while the bots might get hampered or go away in the best case scenario, that just leaves the wintraders, who'll now wintrade even harder when they find there's no rewards for losing.

And for those that lose, regardless of whether it's their fault or not, whether they were sabotaged by said wintraders or just put up against people they couldn't beat, well, the frustration, toxicity, and blame games are going to get worse, driving more away and digging the grave even deeper.

I almost want to see this happen now just to see how ridiculous it would get.

> @"Filip.7463" said:

> There is 3times better reward for winning than loosing.

>

> Oh and bots would still work if u remove loosing reward, cuz bots also win around 50% of matches.

Thanks for clarifying that.

> @"Arheundel.6451" said:

> getting better should be your reward and if you can't stand that...then don't go PvP

> You should go PvP because you enjoy fighting other players

It's very dangerous to frame your ideology of PVP as the only one that matters.

Not only do you shun the playerbase who just want to be entertained for offering their time to the gamemode for no reason, you also make it much more effective to just abandon a match the moment it is not going in your favor. You both reduce and toxify the player group willing to put up with your direction.

This is a bad idea. rewards can be adjusted but participants should get something for even finishing the match.