Balance patch should be next Tuesday.

Kam.4092

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Azzara Nectum.1734" said:

> I'm glad I haven't had the chance to play last few months...

> QT guild even kitten removed Scourge from their site.. And don't even bother with core Necro and Reaper..

> If one of the top raiding guilds completely remove a class from their site, you would think these kitten devs get the kitten point..

> Yeah, I'm mad right now after reading all this crap:

>

> "Scourge Update

>

> Hello everyone! We thought it would be best to provide a little update as to what’s going on with scourge right now and why we decided to remove it from the current PoF benchmarks. Let’s start by looking at the patch notes.

>

> Manifest Sand Shade: Fixed a bug that allowed strikes from this skill to hit from multiple sand shades on the same target.

> Desert Shroud: Fixed a bug that was preventing this skill from processing Manifest Sand Shade upon casting.

> We also have some undocumented changes listed below.

>

> Dhuumfire only activates on Manifest Sand Shade use.

> The above changes drastically affect the scourge damage potential. The impact of shade stacking and additional dhuumfire pulses were huge. Also a bug got fixed that prevented sand shade to work properly as a heal skill with runes and traits. Scourge worked fine before as a DPS spot or a PS replacement by running aristocracy runes and dessicate over renegade runes with trail of anguish providing decent might + bringing epi to some boss fights. The recent patch and our early testing quickly shows scourge falls behind other strong condi classes (easy ~7-8k)."

>

> What I expect: we deleted Necro from the game and transfered your items to the bank and included a lvl80 boost. Please roll a new profession which we haven't completely kitten up and have a basic understanding about what the profession is actually supposed to do and grasp how to design it...

>

> kitten you Anet! kitten you!

That tells something eh? If a class is totally kicked it means it sucks. Anet doesnt care, necro became my fav. class after I played only engie for 2 years, scrapper was ok and I hoped something in this direction for engineer but holosmith is total disappoitment - another kit mechanics (bleeeh). Scourge - is great step forward but how they did it its not so great... Direction is ok but class engineering failed in few points (not entirely but still). Good that I have warrior to play so I can leave my necro alone.... Less and less of them in game atm, soon they will all be rarity like a virgin in college.

Realistically I'd love some global changes to conditions to lengthen their base duration and remove multiple stacks of conditions per skill in many cases, bringing back the "build up" time on applying their damage as compared to the more instant scaling power damage. To regain some lost ground for scourge specifically, I'd love them to double or even triple the torment they apply from their Shade skills, since its only a single stack. In PvE this means they would be more important for our total damage, and in PvP, it gives players more time to cleanse the conditions before they stack to extremely lethal levels (again, global change to all professions with condis).

Alternatively, some base changes to the actual condi damage calculations along with some global duration increases.

Example: Reduced the base damage and damage scaling of all conditions in all game modes by 33%. Increased base condition duration by 50%, reduced number of stacks for specific outlying skills (Drake's Breath, venomshare/firebrand share/arcane share, etc).

Ideally I'd love to see power builds range from 30 to 35k in ideal situations, and ramp to that damage very quickly against dummies. For Condition builds, I'd like to see them grow from 15k to 30k over the span of 10 seconds or so, then eventually peak at 35k to 40k on fights that have phases that last long enough. That would improve raid diversity, but not sure if condition builds would be viable enough in open world at that point.

Please Anet, let us necros play happily like before bug "fix" and nerfs. I've abandoned my beloved necro to play weaver while waiting for balance patch, so please #makenecrogreatagain so i can get back to it.

Forget this support bs, it didn't work, we don't want it, it won't work unless you rework all of scourge's concept, so just buff dmg to make it useful at least. Nobody deserves a poorly designed and weak class.

> @"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:

> > @Ryouzanpaku.1273 said:

> > Staff autoattack increased by 200%

> > Dps issue fixed - ty gg bb cya in 2 years with new elite spec.

>

> Actually, that would be pretty strong. A 2.0 power coefficient on a 1200 range piercing attack is pretty good, even without damage modifiers.

doble of shit damage, is still shit damage.

> @vicious.5683 said:

> > @"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:

> > > @Ryouzanpaku.1273 said:

> > > Staff autoattack increased by 200%

> > > Dps issue fixed - ty gg bb cya in 2 years with new elite spec.

> >

> > Actually, that would be pretty strong. A 2.0 power coefficient on a 1200 range piercing attack is pretty good, even without damage modifiers.

>

> doble of kitten damage, is still kitten damage.

The damage would be half way between the 2nd (1.75 co) and 3rd (2.25 co) Coalescence of Ruin (rev hammer 2) hit.

> @Crinn.7864 said:

> While I'm not happy with the state of necro as much as the next necro main, this thread is nothing but extreme fear mongering devoid of basic objectivity.

>

If you've played necro since launch and experienced the constant roller coaster ride we've been put on with this class you'd understand...That the devs don't have us keep nice things for very long.