[Experimentation] Fractal Support Scourge

Ojimaru.8970

So I got curious and took an [experimental support Scourge build](http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQRAnf3dnE9CV3gV9Cm2As9ilaBDaOFAaA6P2Kbmd6Ls2iCA-jxxGQBA4kAEU1fup+BCq8bI7PQunAAUVCSKA/mZB-e) into T4 Fractals. I started the build out with the following goals in mind:

1. Might stacking

2. Vulnerability stacking

3. AOE Healing

4. Condition Conversion

5. Boon Conversion

6. AOE Revive

7. Build flexibility

**Day 1 Observations:**

Ran two sets of T4 Fractal dailies with random PUGs, and a single set of Daily Recommended Fractals.

_Might stacking_ was inconsistent and heavily depended on team composition. With high Alacrity uptime _and_ thirteen unique conditions, Oppressive Collapse alone is enough to keep 25 Might permanently. In this case, Scourge Might stacking differs largely from Warrior--either Power or Condi--in that it is reliant on your party members to apply a wide _variety_ of conditions.

_Vulnerability stacking_ was easy to maintain at twenty stacks, and twenty-five was a given under the 50% Health threshold.

_Healing_ and Barriers, were two things I was paying a lot of attention to throughout my runs. First and foremost, Barrier's interaction with "Healing effectiveness" is inconsistent. While it does not benefit from positive Healing Effectiveness, e.g. Monk Runes and Delicious Rice Balls, and not affected by the negative Healing Effectiveness of Poison, it is reduced by the 70% reduction to Healing Effectiveness applied by Agony. Second observation of interest was Garish Pillar's interaction with Transfusion, in that the nine healing pulses from the trait was applied to an area around the character _as well_ as the Sand Shade, therefore allowing me to heal two different groups of five. It was a little hard to gauge healing numbers in real time due to Last Rites, but at over 75% Health, Garish Pillar (Transfusion) healed allies for 1,102 per tick (1 tick per second for 9 seconds, 15s base cooldown, about 11.27s with Alacrity), and Wave of Healing (from Superior Sigil of Water) heals allies for 884 health (30% on hit, 5 second cooldown). Also to note that the healing from Life From Death only affects allies near the Scourge, with no effect to those only near a Sand Shade.

_Condition and Boon_ conversions were easily manageable, although I had to be mindful about (further) neutering the DPS of fellow Scourges by removing self-inflicted Bleeds and Torment from Corruption skills.

For better or worse, I didn't really have much use of _AOE revives_. I did find out that the teleportation and revive pulses from Garish Pillars (Transfusion) only affected allies near the Scourge, with no effect transferred to the Sand Shade. In the one instance where multiple people went down close to each other, the combination of Ritual of Life, Life from Death, and Transfusion was tremendous.

One other aspect of a support class that I always look for is their _build flexibility_, i.e. the ability for the build to perform its core functions even after changing key Traits or Utility skills to account for specific encounter mechanics. For example, a support Chronomancer has to give up on Alacrity uptime in favor of Boon stripping in Fractal 99 and 100. Obviously Boon removal is already built into the Scourge, and therefore isn't a problem. On the other hand, I found that Dessicate could be swapped for Corrosive Poison Cloud for projectile destruction, which was useful during the Daily T4 Volcanic, and Uncategorized.

In consideration of _changes_ to the build after Day 1, Dessicate looks to be a very flexible slot; I'm considering using Shadow Fiend since Haunt has the same cooldown as Oppressive Collapse and applies two to three unique conditions. The cooldown of Well of Blood is still a little prohibitive to be considered as a replacement of Sand Flare. Finally, Sadistic Searing could probably be switched to either of the alternatives, depending on the need for more Boon removal.

ADDENDUM: Seriously, Anet? Delicious Rice Kitten?

> @Swiftwynd.1685 said:

> I'm almost 100% positive that Transfusion will only heal from the Scourge, not the area around the Shroud. It would be amazingly overpowered if it did, and in all my experience of running support Scourge in raid training runs, I've never observed it healing around the shade as well.

The only reason it doesn't work from Shades is purely practical. It can be abused and teleport the downed bodies on purpose or by mistake directly in aoes. On top of that Shades can't rez, only players can. I guess it will be to much work to split the healing and teleport/rez mechanic, who knows...

> @mazut.4296 said:

> > @Swiftwynd.1685 said:

> > I'm almost 100% positive that Transfusion will only heal from the Scourge, not the area around the Shroud. It would be amazingly overpowered if it did, and in all my experience of running support Scourge in raid training runs, I've never observed it healing around the shade as well.

>

> The only reason it doesn't work from Shades is purely practical. It can be abused and teleport the downed bodies on purpose or by mistake directly in aoes. On top of that Shades can't rez, only players can. I guess it will be to much work to split the healing and teleport/rez mechanic, who knows...

_Your shades now pulse Transfusion effect.

If two shades are equidistant from a downed player the poor guy will be tear apart by the effect, going into defeated state._

> @Vitali.5039 said:

> > @mazut.4296 said:

> > > @Swiftwynd.1685 said:

> > > I'm almost 100% positive that Transfusion will only heal from the Scourge, not the area around the Shroud. It would be amazingly overpowered if it did, and in all my experience of running support Scourge in raid training runs, I've never observed it healing around the shade as well.

> >

> > The only reason it doesn't work from Shades is purely practical. It can be abused and teleport the downed bodies on purpose or by mistake directly in aoes. On top of that Shades can't rez, only players can. I guess it will be to much work to split the healing and teleport/rez mechanic, who knows...

>

> _Your shades now pulse Transfusion effect.

> If two shades are equidistant from a downed player the poor guy will be tear apart by the effect, going into defeated state._

source?

> @mazut.4296 said:

> > @Vitali.5039 said:

> > > @mazut.4296 said:

> > > > @Swiftwynd.1685 said:

> > > > I'm almost 100% positive that Transfusion will only heal from the Scourge, not the area around the Shroud. It would be amazingly overpowered if it did, and in all my experience of running support Scourge in raid training runs, I've never observed it healing around the shade as well.

> > >

> > > The only reason it doesn't work from Shades is purely practical. It can be abused and teleport the downed bodies on purpose or by mistake directly in aoes. On top of that Shades can't rez, only players can. I guess it will be to much work to split the healing and teleport/rez mechanic, who knows...

> >

> > _Your shades now pulse Transfusion effect.

> > If two shades are equidistant from a downed player the poor guy will be tear apart by the effect, going into defeated state._

>

> source?

Do you really think its a real tweak?

Of course I was clearly joking.

> @Vitali.5039 said:

> > @mazut.4296 said:

> > > @Vitali.5039 said:

> > > > @mazut.4296 said:

> > > > > @Swiftwynd.1685 said:

> > > > > I'm almost 100% positive that Transfusion will only heal from the Scourge, not the area around the Shroud. It would be amazingly overpowered if it did, and in all my experience of running support Scourge in raid training runs, I've never observed it healing around the shade as well.

> > > >

> > > > The only reason it doesn't work from Shades is purely practical. It can be abused and teleport the downed bodies on purpose or by mistake directly in aoes. On top of that Shades can't rez, only players can. I guess it will be to much work to split the healing and teleport/rez mechanic, who knows...

> > >

> > > _Your shades now pulse Transfusion effect.

> > > If two shades are equidistant from a downed player the poor guy will be tear apart by the effect, going into defeated state._

> >

> > source?

>

> Do you really think its a real tweak?

> Of course I was clearly joking.

Judging by Anet's track record with this class does it surprise you he would think it's legitimate?