[WvW Roaming] Bunker Style Druid

Kilthorn.8921

I've been looking to do some WvW Roaming/Dueling on my ranger, and would like to replicate the [sPvP Bunker Druid ](http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Druid_-_Bunker_Druid "sPvP Bunker Druid ") build in WvW. The sPvP build uses the mender's amulet, which doesn't have a direct replica on the PvE/WvW side of the game.

I've been experimenting with stat combinations and and have came up with this attempt at a bunker-style WvW roamer/duelist.

[Roamer Bunker Druid](http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNBMhZakQFKZxGWwfF4axykg5U5ucZumAwjbCA/TLqP1Sm2bA-jFSSABKpEcM9BFq0Ag9H2SdlyUpoDlYnpMgUA6JTD-w "Roamer Bunker Druid")

Has anyone ran anything similar to this with any success? Any recommendations on the stat allocations, or the build in general? I know I've had a lot of success with the sPvP version of this build, and am very comfortable with it in 1v1 scenarios in that arena. I'm just not sure how well that will translate to the WvW battlefield.

> @Kilthorn.8921 said:

The sPvP build uses the mender's amulet, which doesn't have a direct replica on the PvE/WvW side of the game.

>

The best sPVP build for Druid who worked also in WvW Roaming was the one with Celestial+ Superior Rune of Durability.

I don't know how good these days this build it is vs new specializations, since I play Soulbeast atm.

> @owler.6804 said:

> You will have no problem surviving. The problem will be to kill your enemies. I am on my phone at the moment. When I'm back on PC I can contact you and give you more insight. I am roaming with druid since hot release.

Thanks! I'm not entirely sure what balance to strike just yet with survivability and damage. I do prefer a battle of attrition, but still want to be able to finish off opponents.

I think the build you're wanting to use is the one I use. My experimental build combining fire stacks with healing and evasion. It's quite literally unbeatable. I've faced off against an entire zerg once before. With exception kiting techniques and the intelligent timing of my fire dmg, there isn't a single player in wvw that could possibly kill me as a straight up 1v1 or 1v2. Worst case scenario, a cloaked thief will find you in the heat of a 1v7 battle. I can't share this build as it would quite literally change the entire meta and bring druids yet another nerf. Yet the information provided will atleast give you an idea of what to experiment with.

Menders works in PVP because your enemies are confined within a space. In wvw, you won't be bursting anyone with a menders like stat. Given that, a good opponent will simply reset the duel or in a 1v2 you'd most likely be on the defensive for most of the exchange. That's why I like WvW a lot more than PvP atm. When you encounter one of the braindead easy meta classes alone, you can turn the fight in your favor with good spacing. This is why I carry zerk stats to switch to soulbeast assassin when required. Ranger's main strength has never been the bow. It's evasion with melee weapons. If you master the GS AA dodge, you can also try my perm dodge druid/soulbeast assassin which works great with almost any other class duo. The synergy given through your ability to engage and disengage is great. I suggest more experimentation because that has always been the real meta.

For druid i like celestial stats with druibility ruens some times mixing in some marurader stats as well.

I think that celestial is as about a bunker you need to be in roaming. Clerks is hard to kill with some of the bunker condi stat such as travelers and apothecary can be good

One of the benifits of celestial is ancient seeds proc which is a nice touch

Zealots Armor and Weapon + Celestial Trinkets with Durability runes will get you a pretty significant stat spread and will resemble running a Menders PvP amulet.

Since I don't have a separate set of armor and I have mine setup for my WvW guild raids; I end up just swapping my trinkets and weapons to Zealots and leaving my Minstrels+monk runes armor, but I would be running the setup I mentioned in the first paragraph if I had the resources.

Zealots + Marauders is what i tend to run while roaming.. it's glassy for sure but that's how i role when i roam. Trailblazer + traps works ok for zerging or run a tanky power build like wanderers with LB peircing to tag more targets. Honestly i tend to run necro lately for zergs because the amount of aoe's is off the charts

> @sexuallegend.2153 said:

> I think the build you're wanting to use is the one I use. My experimental build combining fire stacks with healing and evasion. It's quite literally unbeatable. I've faced off against an entire zerg once before. With exception kiting techniques and the intelligent timing of my fire dmg, there isn't a single player in wvw that could possibly kill me as a straight up 1v1 or 1v2. Worst case scenario, a cloaked thief will find you in the heat of a 1v7 battle. I can't share this build as it would quite literally change the entire meta and bring druids yet another nerf. Yet the information provided will atleast give you an idea of what to experiment with.

>

>

Druids have worked well for quite sometime, not because of a secret meta but because they have very good mobility + healing capabilities + kiting.

This is nothing new.

Half of me thinks you are full of shit.

Obviously you think it's good.

That's not enough to make me a believer.

on 2nd thought. Damn I can't stand you shadow.