WvW - Vitality VS Toughness Info request

Birdack.6714

If you go condi, take vitality. Tgere is a trait that boost condi duration based on vitality.

You have better times against condition builds with high vitality and they are really abundant these days. Against power you may have some issues but with brownbear /blackbear beastmode you can out survive them too.

Used to run a mix of zerk armour and marauder trinkets, but with signet of stone.

Since dropping that for dolyak stance I found that I needed to drop two rings for soldiers ones for a bit more toughness when wvw'ing.

I think 2500 armour is the bare minimum for me. I guess if youre more skilled you can go more glassy. Im just not on the ball enough for that.

Edit: fixed wrong word

> @Sandzibar.5134 said:

> Used to run a mix of zerk armour and marauder trinkets, but with signet of stone.

> Since dropping that for dolyak stance I found that I needed to drop two rings for soldiers ones for a bit more toughness when wvw'ing.

> I think 2500 toughness is the bare minimum for me. I guess if youre more skilled you can go more glassy. Im just not on the ball enough for that.

>

For a new ranger (in W3) like Birdak also for the best results in Roaming the best build in my opinion is full marauder with survival/nature/soulbeast and LB+S/W.

2500 toughness about you talking (maybe you want to say about 2500 armor? ), you can have it only with a full toughness armor ... Knight, Cavalier etc ... but is not recommended for Roaming.

Birdak, usual build for roaming is different than one for zerk. With full marauder you should be ok in both situatianons.

Anyway, your armor/build in roaming (assuming you are not going solo roaming) depends of your group too. You can use zerk armor if you have a Firebrand in your party, other way you will die from 1-3 shots. Usual in roaming, Soulbeast and Scourge are first target, so if the enemies realise that you are glass cannon you will be targeted every time.

I play only roaming, full marauder and with proper food and buffs from survival utilities and skill 5 of warhorn I have 2362 AP (2568 AP in Beastmode), 75% crititcal chance, 23500 HP and 1175 Toughness (this is the lower status of mine).

It's up to you what do you want to play, but I don't recommend zerk build.

It depends a bit on what you're playing, but you probably have more than enough defense against power damage without investing stats in it. (i.e. you may be using SoS, the evades on sword, have a stealth, etc.)

Condi is generally pretty unavoidable since it often comes from ranged autoattacks and other constant sources, and vit really helps you get your removals off before you just explode.

> @Dragonzhunter.8506 said:

> 2500 toughness about you talking (maybe you want to say about 2500 armor? ), you can have it only with a full toughness armor ... Knight, Cavalier etc ... but is not recommended for Roaming.

Yeah I meant armour. Standard Ranger armour rating, durability runes and 2 soldiers rings is obs around 2500 armour not 2500 tough.

Words are hard :D