Can SB Face Tank like a Power Reaper?

Oldirtbeard.9834

The only chance to stay alive in a zerg and doing some group buffs is as druid. But it is much weaker than anything you play as guardian. The only advantage for druid is the buffing of damage output. Sadenly you don't need damage in a zerg front :anguished:

In addition you will get insta kicked if you try to enter a raid group as a ranger.

Have not done fractals with my Soulbeast since my druid is the one with all the AR, but open world? Soulbeast can face tank to a ridiculous degree depending on gear/build. I am always amused lately in the Lab because she just jumps on Chainsaw Steve and the Lich with dagger/torch and watches everyone get downed around her time after time.

Depending on what traits/pets you take, I have found there's a crazy amount of sustain available. That said, I would say BM/WS/SB works better, from my experience, but then I take Axe/Torch for ranged instead of shortbow. Marsh Drake is my go-to merge pet, I get the extra group heal, and area might every time I drop Bonfire thanks to having a blast finisher on demand every 15 seconds, as well as 900-ish heal per hit (3 targets) with Chomp. Natural Healing trait from BM is pumping out I think it is 365 regen per tick when merged? Wilderness Knowledge gives 2 condi clears and fury when using a survival skill, and then I also make use of the Soulbeast lifesteal on poison trait as well. Since I do take BM line, I use WHAO along with resounding timbre so my base heal is ready every 16 seconds, with added regen. She's.. very tough to kill in open world :D

ETA: I forgot to add, that playing this specific toon is the most fun I've had in my three years of playing GW2 :D