Upcoming Balance Update

> @"Cyber Locc.9836" said:

> Going to have to disagree. I was there for the first 4 seasons. And your statement is pretty wrong. While I on a DH, did 3x as much damage as my friends in RBGs, that's not 10% LMFAO.

All of this is factually untrue, and your confusion stems from your lack of understanding about the topic. When people talk about damage, they are talking PVE, specifically raids, where a damage difference of 10% is very rare in WoW, and a reason for immediate developer action. Just a fact.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Omar Aschi Popp.7496" said:

> > @Einlanzer.1627 said:

> > > @BrokenGlass.9356 said:

> > > After reading this, I just have to sum this up with no particular emphasis.

> > >

> > > Disclaimer: I assume this post makes it to the balance team, "I love your game, but I don't care about your feelings. Listen up."

> > >

> > > The overwhelming majority of people posting here are unhappy with three things.

> > >

> > > -the timing of the new pvp season, and the balance patch.

> > >

> > > -the frequency of the balance patches. (possibly due to allocation of funding inside arenanet, or some other unforseen explanation.)

> > >

> > > -the lack of communication from the balance team.

> > >

> > >

> > > What this means. Changing the behavior that lead to these complaints will feel like eating crow and admitting fault. Sorry... But you're going to have to suck up that part and trust that our gratitude at the fact of the change will outweigh people upset with you guys.

> > >

> > > A developer live stream after each more frequent patch will result in more hype. Which means more returning players. Which means more gem store purchases, because returning players don't want to grind.

> > >

> > > More frequent patches will prevent the toxicity of the pvp community from clumping at the top or bottom. Pvp is toxic. Welcome to a game mode where there's always a looser. Hence always salt. Hence always toxic. So frequently patch it... In order to constantly keep the toxicity from settling. (you already split pvp and pve traits... Embrace this and patch pvp more frequently)

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Just saying. I mean.... What the community wants is clear. The fact that we don't get it... Makes us wonder why you aren't listening. The fact that you aren't listening makes us wonder if you care. The face that we don't know if you care makes us resent you.

> > >

> > >

> > > How do you fix a relationship where resentment has taken root? Begin a new, as though from the beginning.

> > >

> > >

> > > So Anet, any takers?

> > >

> >

> > Great post.

>

> No it's not. It's potato tier.

>

> I don't give a kitten about ANY of that crap he said. Literally. LITERALLY the only reason PvP is "toxic"(said in a nasaly voice) is because Anet introduced PvE rewards in PvP.

>

> That's it.

>

> Wing farmers. Pip farmers. Llama losers.

> All from pve and all only grinding to get what they came for and leave.

>

> Now I'm not saying this to be exclusive, because I too am a PvE player! The difference is, I respect the time and risk a PvP player takes when teamed with people who DON'T CARE ABOUT PVP, RANK, WINING, OR EFFORT.

>

> THEY PUT BARE MININUM IN AND GRIND AT THE EXPENSE OF OTHER PEOPLE'S STANDING IN LEAGUE.

>

> get rid of it all.

>

> Tldr; people treat league like a PvE map. Just be present for events, tag a few mobs and get pips(map currency) to cash rewards (end chests).

Wings and Pips get ascended gear which also work for WvW, JS.

Wings require dedication and work for those chieves.

The ascended gear from PvP cost just as much, if not more in some cases, gold then straight crafting it. No one is a PvEr farming for ascended in Rated, not since the grand master marks were added, that's foolish now.

> @Maunzi.3764 said:

> > @"Cyber Locc.9836" said:

> > Going to have to disagree. I was there for the first 4 seasons. And your statement is pretty wrong. While I on a DH, did 3x as much damage as my friends in RBGs, that's not 10% LMFAO.

>

> All of this is factually untrue, and your confusion stems from your lack of understanding about the topic. When people talk about damage, they are talking PVE, specifically raids, where a damage difference of 10% is very rare in WoW, and a reason for immediate developer action. Just a fact.

Okay well, When I talk about damage, I am talking about PvP as it is what I do. As someone that got glad, in all 4 of those seasons, I know what I'm talking about lol. It's not factually untrue lol.

Also you state "are within 10%" but that is a pve term, there is more to this equation that just sustained damage over a long time, burst, utility, mobility, ECT ECT, play large roles as well.

When people in mid high - high ratings, are stacking triple mage, double DH, ECT there is a reason for it and it shows the state of balance. That happens alot more than you seem to think.

There is quite alot of inbalance in WOW, and alot of the time, there is entire classes that don't see play due to balance issues. Not to mention the fact there is even optimal races, hints why the majority of top tier players are Ally, (Personally Horde) however at the beginning of an Expac those players are Horde, due to the differences in Orc/Troll racials, early Expac and EMFH later in.

> > @"Omar Aschi Popp.7496" said:

> > > @Einlanzer.1627 said:

> > > > @BrokenGlass.9356 said:

> > > > After reading this, I just have to sum this up with no particular emphasis.

> > > >

> > > > Disclaimer: I assume this post makes it to the balance team, "I love your game, but I don't care about your feelings. Listen up."

> > > >

> > > > The overwhelming majority of people posting here are unhappy with three things.

> > > >

> > > > -the timing of the new pvp season, and the balance patch.

> > > >

> > > > -the frequency of the balance patches. (possibly due to allocation of funding inside arenanet, or some other unforseen explanation.)

> > > >

> > > > -the lack of communication from the balance team.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > What this means. Changing the behavior that lead to these complaints will feel like eating crow and admitting fault. Sorry... But you're going to have to suck up that part and trust that our gratitude at the fact of the change will outweigh people upset with you guys.

> > > >

> > > > A developer live stream after each more frequent patch will result in more hype. Which means more returning players. Which means more gem store purchases, because returning players don't want to grind.

> > > >

> > > > More frequent patches will prevent the toxicity of the pvp community from clumping at the top or bottom. Pvp is toxic. Welcome to a game mode where there's always a looser. Hence always salt. Hence always toxic. So frequently patch it... In order to constantly keep the toxicity from settling. (you already split pvp and pve traits... Embrace this and patch pvp more frequently)

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Just saying. I mean.... What the community wants is clear. The fact that we don't get it... Makes us wonder why you aren't listening. The fact that you aren't listening makes us wonder if you care. The face that we don't know if you care makes us resent you.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > How do you fix a relationship where resentment has taken root? Begin a new, as though from the beginning.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > So Anet, any takers?

> > > >

> > >

> > > Great post.

> >

> > No it's not. It's potato tier.

> >

> > I don't give a kitten about ANY of that crap he said. Literally. LITERALLY the only reason PvP is "toxic"(said in a nasaly voice) is because Anet introduced PvE rewards in PvP.

> >

> > That's it.

> >

> > Wing farmers. Pip farmers. Llama losers.

> > All from pve and all only grinding to get what they came for and leave.

> >

> > Now I'm not saying this to be exclusive, because I too am a PvE player! The difference is, I respect the time and risk a PvP player takes when teamed with people who DON'T CARE ABOUT PVP, RANK, WINING, OR EFFORT.

> >

> > THEY PUT BARE MININUM IN AND GRIND AT THE EXPENSE OF OTHER PEOPLE'S STANDING IN LEAGUE.

> >

> > get rid of it all.

> >

> > Tldr; people treat league like a PvE map. Just be present for events, tag a few mobs and get pips(map currency) to cash rewards (end chests).

>

> Wings and Pips get ascended gear which also work for WvW, JS.

>

> Wings require dedication and work for those chieves.

>

> The ascended gear from PvP cost just as much, if not more in some cases, gold then straight crafting it. No one is a PvEr farming for ascended in Rated, not since the grand master marks were added, that's foolish now.

...you get grandmaster marks in your chests. You literally undid whatever you tried to prove.

2 hrs in league and you have ascended armor piece.

Wings require ZERO EFFORT. Oh wait you said dedication. Yeah it takes dedication to grind 3 pips a match and afk after getting some wins and topatats.

> > > @"Omar Aschi Popp.7496" said:

> > > > @Einlanzer.1627 said:

> > > > > @BrokenGlass.9356 said:

> > > > > After reading this, I just have to sum this up with no particular emphasis.

> > > > >

> > > > > Disclaimer: I assume this post makes it to the balance team, "I love your game, but I don't care about your feelings. Listen up."

> > > > >

> > > > > The overwhelming majority of people posting here are unhappy with three things.

> > > > >

> > > > > -the timing of the new pvp season, and the balance patch.

> > > > >

> > > > > -the frequency of the balance patches. (possibly due to allocation of funding inside arenanet, or some other unforseen explanation.)

> > > > >

> > > > > -the lack of communication from the balance team.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > What this means. Changing the behavior that lead to these complaints will feel like eating crow and admitting fault. Sorry... But you're going to have to suck up that part and trust that our gratitude at the fact of the change will outweigh people upset with you guys.

> > > > >

> > > > > A developer live stream after each more frequent patch will result in more hype. Which means more returning players. Which means more gem store purchases, because returning players don't want to grind.

> > > > >

> > > > > More frequent patches will prevent the toxicity of the pvp community from clumping at the top or bottom. Pvp is toxic. Welcome to a game mode where there's always a looser. Hence always salt. Hence always toxic. So frequently patch it... In order to constantly keep the toxicity from settling. (you already split pvp and pve traits... Embrace this and patch pvp more frequently)

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Just saying. I mean.... What the community wants is clear. The fact that we don't get it... Makes us wonder why you aren't listening. The fact that you aren't listening makes us wonder if you care. The face that we don't know if you care makes us resent you.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > How do you fix a relationship where resentment has taken root? Begin a new, as though from the beginning.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > So Anet, any takers?

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Great post.

> > >

> > > No it's not. It's potato tier.

> > >

> > > I don't give a kitten about ANY of that crap he said. Literally. LITERALLY the only reason PvP is "toxic"(said in a nasaly voice) is because Anet introduced PvE rewards in PvP.

> > >

> > > That's it.

> > >

> > > Wing farmers. Pip farmers. Llama losers.

> > > All from pve and all only grinding to get what they came for and leave.

> > >

> > > Now I'm not saying this to be exclusive, because I too am a PvE player! The difference is, I respect the time and risk a PvP player takes when teamed with people who DON'T CARE ABOUT PVP, RANK, WINING, OR EFFORT.

> > >

> > > THEY PUT BARE MININUM IN AND GRIND AT THE EXPENSE OF OTHER PEOPLE'S STANDING IN LEAGUE.

> > >

> > > get rid of it all.

> > >

> > > Tldr; people treat league like a PvE map. Just be present for events, tag a few mobs and get pips(map currency) to cash rewards (end chests).

> >

> > Wings and Pips get ascended gear which also work for WvW, JS.

> >

> > Wings require dedication and work for those chieves.

> >

> > The ascended gear from PvP cost just as much, if not more in some cases, gold then straight crafting it. No one is a PvEr farming for ascended in Rated, not since the grand master marks were added, that's foolish now.

>

> ...you get grandmaster marks in your chests. You literally undid whatever you tried to prove.

>

> 2 hrs in league and you have ascended armor piece.

>

> Wings require ZERO EFFORT. Oh wait you said dedication. Yeah it takes dedication to grind 3 pips a match and afk after getting some wins and topatats.

Okay 1 at a time.

"You get grandmaster marks in your chests"

You get 3 marks total, for the last chest the first time. That's it, per season, you need 20 marks for a chest. That would require completeling 7 seasons for a set. Try again lol.

The price of the marks afterwords, are about 30g each, putting you right around 100g each, for that same 100g you could craft Ascended gear of most type, some HOT stats cost more, but not many. You could also do WvW and halfway AFK for that same gear requiring marks.

The wings, require a serious amount of Achievements, did you even know that? It goes much further than top stats lol. It requires playing alot of PvP for at a minimum of 2 months straight every single day. For what a backpack that can change it's stats? A blood ruby bag you can get in a couple of days of PvE can do the same. Unless you really want the skin, it would be stupid to farm wings.

"You get an ascended in 2 hours" this is so false it's hillarious, you obviously have no clue what you are talking about lol.

> > > @"Cyber Locc.9836" said:

> > > > @"Omar Aschi Popp.7496" said:

> > > > > @Einlanzer.1627 said:

> > > > > > @BrokenGlass.9356 said:

> > > > > > After reading this, I just have to sum this up with no particular emphasis.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Disclaimer: I assume this post makes it to the balance team, "I love your game, but I don't care about your feelings. Listen up."

> > > > > >

> > > > > > The overwhelming majority of people posting here are unhappy with three things.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > -the timing of the new pvp season, and the balance patch.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > -the frequency of the balance patches. (possibly due to allocation of funding inside arenanet, or some other unforseen explanation.)

> > > > > >

> > > > > > -the lack of communication from the balance team.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > What this means. Changing the behavior that lead to these complaints will feel like eating crow and admitting fault. Sorry... But you're going to have to suck up that part and trust that our gratitude at the fact of the change will outweigh people upset with you guys.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > A developer live stream after each more frequent patch will result in more hype. Which means more returning players. Which means more gem store purchases, because returning players don't want to grind.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > More frequent patches will prevent the toxicity of the pvp community from clumping at the top or bottom. Pvp is toxic. Welcome to a game mode where there's always a looser. Hence always salt. Hence always toxic. So frequently patch it... In order to constantly keep the toxicity from settling. (you already split pvp and pve traits... Embrace this and patch pvp more frequently)

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Just saying. I mean.... What the community wants is clear. The fact that we don't get it... Makes us wonder why you aren't listening. The fact that you aren't listening makes us wonder if you care. The face that we don't know if you care makes us resent you.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > How do you fix a relationship where resentment has taken root? Begin a new, as though from the beginning.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > So Anet, any takers?

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Great post.

> > > >

> > > > No it's not. It's potato tier.

> > > >

> > > > I don't give a kitten about ANY of that crap he said. Literally. LITERALLY the only reason PvP is "toxic"(said in a nasaly voice) is because Anet introduced PvE rewards in PvP.

> > > >

> > > > That's it.

> > > >

> > > > Wing farmers. Pip farmers. Llama losers.

> > > > All from pve and all only grinding to get what they came for and leave.

> > > >

> > > > Now I'm not saying this to be exclusive, because I too am a PvE player! The difference is, I respect the time and risk a PvP player takes when teamed with people who DON'T CARE ABOUT PVP, RANK, WINING, OR EFFORT.

> > > >

> > > > THEY PUT BARE MININUM IN AND GRIND AT THE EXPENSE OF OTHER PEOPLE'S STANDING IN LEAGUE.

> > > >

> > > > get rid of it all.

> > > >

> > > > Tldr; people treat league like a PvE map. Just be present for events, tag a few mobs and get pips(map currency) to cash rewards (end chests).

> > >

> > > Wings and Pips get ascended gear which also work for WvW, JS.

> > >

> > > Wings require dedication and work for those chieves.

> > >

> > > The ascended gear from PvP cost just as much, if not more in some cases, gold then straight crafting it. No one is a PvEr farming for ascended in Rated, not since the grand master marks were added, that's foolish now.

> >

> > ...you get grandmaster marks in your chests. You literally undid whatever you tried to prove.

> >

> > 2 hrs in league and you have ascended armor piece.

> >

> > Wings require ZERO EFFORT. Oh wait you said dedication. Yeah it takes dedication to grind 3 pips a match and afk after getting some wins and topatats.

>

> Okay 1 at a time.

>

> "You get grandmaster marks in your chests"

> You get 3 marks total, for the last chest the first time. That's it, per season, you need 20 marks for a chest. That would require completeling 7 seasons for a set. Try again lol.

>

> The wings, require a serious amount of Achievements, did you even know that? It goes much further than top stats lol. It requires playing alot of PvP for at a minimum of 2 months straight every single day. For what a backpack that can change it's stats? A blood ruby bag you can get in a couple of days of PvE can do the same. Unless you really want the skin, it would be stupid to farm wings.

>

> "You get an ascended in 2 hours" this is so false it's hillarious, you obviously have no clue what you are talking about lol.

I have full ardent glorious set and ascension. Tell me more.

I go it through casual PvP

No effort.

I did it Aaaaaaalllll on bronze too.

Now going from bronze1 to gold 3 last season, THAT TOOK MORE EFFORT THAN ALL OF THOSE COMBINED.

> > > > @"Cyber Locc.9836" said:

> > > > > @"Omar Aschi Popp.7496" said:

> > > > > > @Einlanzer.1627 said:

> > > > > > > @BrokenGlass.9356 said:

> > > > > > > After reading this, I just have to sum this up with no particular emphasis.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Disclaimer: I assume this post makes it to the balance team, "I love your game, but I don't care about your feelings. Listen up."

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > The overwhelming majority of people posting here are unhappy with three things.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > -the timing of the new pvp season, and the balance patch.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > -the frequency of the balance patches. (possibly due to allocation of funding inside arenanet, or some other unforseen explanation.)

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > -the lack of communication from the balance team.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > What this means. Changing the behavior that lead to these complaints will feel like eating crow and admitting fault. Sorry... But you're going to have to suck up that part and trust that our gratitude at the fact of the change will outweigh people upset with you guys.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > A developer live stream after each more frequent patch will result in more hype. Which means more returning players. Which means more gem store purchases, because returning players don't want to grind.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > More frequent patches will prevent the toxicity of the pvp community from clumping at the top or bottom. Pvp is toxic. Welcome to a game mode where there's always a looser. Hence always salt. Hence always toxic. So frequently patch it... In order to constantly keep the toxicity from settling. (you already split pvp and pve traits... Embrace this and patch pvp more frequently)

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Just saying. I mean.... What the community wants is clear. The fact that we don't get it... Makes us wonder why you aren't listening. The fact that you aren't listening makes us wonder if you care. The face that we don't know if you care makes us resent you.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > How do you fix a relationship where resentment has taken root? Begin a new, as though from the beginning.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > So Anet, any takers?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Great post.

> > > > >

> > > > > No it's not. It's potato tier.

> > > > >

> > > > > I don't give a kitten about ANY of that crap he said. Literally. LITERALLY the only reason PvP is "toxic"(said in a nasaly voice) is because Anet introduced PvE rewards in PvP.

> > > > >

> > > > > That's it.

> > > > >

> > > > > Wing farmers. Pip farmers. Llama losers.

> > > > > All from pve and all only grinding to get what they came for and leave.

> > > > >

> > > > > Now I'm not saying this to be exclusive, because I too am a PvE player! The difference is, I respect the time and risk a PvP player takes when teamed with people who DON'T CARE ABOUT PVP, RANK, WINING, OR EFFORT.

> > > > >

> > > > > THEY PUT BARE MININUM IN AND GRIND AT THE EXPENSE OF OTHER PEOPLE'S STANDING IN LEAGUE.

> > > > >

> > > > > get rid of it all.

> > > > >

> > > > > Tldr; people treat league like a PvE map. Just be present for events, tag a few mobs and get pips(map currency) to cash rewards (end chests).

> > > >

> > > > Wings and Pips get ascended gear which also work for WvW, JS.

> > > >

> > > > Wings require dedication and work for those chieves.

> > > >

> > > > The ascended gear from PvP cost just as much, if not more in some cases, gold then straight crafting it. No one is a PvEr farming for ascended in Rated, not since the grand master marks were added, that's foolish now.

> > >

> > > ...you get grandmaster marks in your chests. You literally undid whatever you tried to prove.

> > >

> > > 2 hrs in league and you have ascended armor piece.

> > >

> > > Wings require ZERO EFFORT. Oh wait you said dedication. Yeah it takes dedication to grind 3 pips a match and afk after getting some wins and topatats.

> >

> > Okay 1 at a time.

> >

> > "You get grandmaster marks in your chests"

> > You get 3 marks total, for the last chest the first time. That's it, per season, you need 20 marks for a chest. That would require completeling 7 seasons for a set. Try again lol.

> >

> > The wings, require a serious amount of Achievements, did you even know that? It goes much further than top stats lol. It requires playing alot of PvP for at a minimum of 2 months straight every single day. For what a backpack that can change it's stats? A blood ruby bag you can get in a couple of days of PvE can do the same. Unless you really want the skin, it would be stupid to farm wings.

> >

> > "You get an ascended in 2 hours" this is so false it's hillarious, you obviously have no clue what you are talking about lol.

>

> I have full ardent glorious set and ascension. Tell me more.

>

> I go it through casual PvP

> No effort.

>

> I did it Aaaaaaalllll on bronze too.

>

> Now going from bronze1 to gold 3 last season, THAT TOOK MORE EFFORT THAN ALL OF THOSE COMBINED.

Okay, again, we are talking different things there was easy Ascended in previous seasons, that ended however and currently they are not easy, nor an effiencent way to get ascended gear. Past seasons are irrelvant as those are no longer applicable.

If you did what you are talking about during S8 with Marks, those marks cost you more than straight crafting Ascended would have, period. The math has been done by myself and others, there is posts about it. It is cheaper to straight up craft the gear, and faster too.

> > > > > @"Cyber Locc.9836" said:

> > > > > > @"Omar Aschi Popp.7496" said:

> > > > > > > @Einlanzer.1627 said:

> > > > > > > > @BrokenGlass.9356 said:

> > > > > > > > After reading this, I just have to sum this up with no particular emphasis.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Disclaimer: I assume this post makes it to the balance team, "I love your game, but I don't care about your feelings. Listen up."

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > The overwhelming majority of people posting here are unhappy with three things.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > -the timing of the new pvp season, and the balance patch.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > -the frequency of the balance patches. (possibly due to allocation of funding inside arenanet, or some other unforseen explanation.)

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > -the lack of communication from the balance team.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > What this means. Changing the behavior that lead to these complaints will feel like eating crow and admitting fault. Sorry... But you're going to have to suck up that part and trust that our gratitude at the fact of the change will outweigh people upset with you guys.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > A developer live stream after each more frequent patch will result in more hype. Which means more returning players. Which means more gem store purchases, because returning players don't want to grind.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > More frequent patches will prevent the toxicity of the pvp community from clumping at the top or bottom. Pvp is toxic. Welcome to a game mode where there's always a looser. Hence always salt. Hence always toxic. So frequently patch it... In order to constantly keep the toxicity from settling. (you already split pvp and pve traits... Embrace this and patch pvp more frequently)

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Just saying. I mean.... What the community wants is clear. The fact that we don't get it... Makes us wonder why you aren't listening. The fact that you aren't listening makes us wonder if you care. The face that we don't know if you care makes us resent you.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > How do you fix a relationship where resentment has taken root? Begin a new, as though from the beginning.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > So Anet, any takers?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Great post.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > No it's not. It's potato tier.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I don't give a kitten about ANY of that crap he said. Literally. LITERALLY the only reason PvP is "toxic"(said in a nasaly voice) is because Anet introduced PvE rewards in PvP.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > That's it.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Wing farmers. Pip farmers. Llama losers.

> > > > > > All from pve and all only grinding to get what they came for and leave.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Now I'm not saying this to be exclusive, because I too am a PvE player! The difference is, I respect the time and risk a PvP player takes when teamed with people who DON'T CARE ABOUT PVP, RANK, WINING, OR EFFORT.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > THEY PUT BARE MININUM IN AND GRIND AT THE EXPENSE OF OTHER PEOPLE'S STANDING IN LEAGUE.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > get rid of it all.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Tldr; people treat league like a PvE map. Just be present for events, tag a few mobs and get pips(map currency) to cash rewards (end chests).

> > > > >

> > > > > Wings and Pips get ascended gear which also work for WvW, JS.

> > > > >

> > > > > Wings require dedication and work for those chieves.

> > > > >

> > > > > The ascended gear from PvP cost just as much, if not more in some cases, gold then straight crafting it. No one is a PvEr farming for ascended in Rated, not since the grand master marks were added, that's foolish now.

> > > >

> > > > ...you get grandmaster marks in your chests. You literally undid whatever you tried to prove.

> > > >

> > > > 2 hrs in league and you have ascended armor piece.

> > > >

> > > > Wings require ZERO EFFORT. Oh wait you said dedication. Yeah it takes dedication to grind 3 pips a match and afk after getting some wins and topatats.

> > >

> > > Okay 1 at a time.

> > >

> > > "You get grandmaster marks in your chests"

> > > You get 3 marks total, for the last chest the first time. That's it, per season, you need 20 marks for a chest. That would require completeling 7 seasons for a set. Try again lol.

> > >

> > > The wings, require a serious amount of Achievements, did you even know that? It goes much further than top stats lol. It requires playing alot of PvP for at a minimum of 2 months straight every single day. For what a backpack that can change it's stats? A blood ruby bag you can get in a couple of days of PvE can do the same. Unless you really want the skin, it would be stupid to farm wings.

> > >

> > > "You get an ascended in 2 hours" this is so false it's hillarious, you obviously have no clue what you are talking about lol.

> >

> > I have full ardent glorious set and ascension. Tell me more.

> >

> > I go it through casual PvP

> > No effort.

> >

> > I did it Aaaaaaalllll on bronze too.

> >

> > Now going from bronze1 to gold 3 last season, THAT TOOK MORE EFFORT THAN ALL OF THOSE COMBINED.

>

> Okay, again, we are talking different things there was easy Ascended in previous seasons, that ended however and currently they are not easy, nor an effiencent way to get ascended gear. Past seasons are irrelvant as those are no longer applicable.

Dude. Read slowly.

The Ascension, was a joke to get.

The legendary back was an absolute cotton candy farm.

Getting from bronze1 to gold 3 was five million times more effort than getting a legendary.

Oooooo! So you did PvP dailies for 2 months. So hard.

> > > > > > @"Cyber Locc.9836" said:

> > > > > > > @"Omar Aschi Popp.7496" said:

> > > > > > > > @Einlanzer.1627 said:

> > > > > > > > > @BrokenGlass.9356 said:

> > > > > > > > > After reading this, I just have to sum this up with no particular emphasis.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Disclaimer: I assume this post makes it to the balance team, "I love your game, but I don't care about your feelings. Listen up."

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > The overwhelming majority of people posting here are unhappy with three things.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > -the timing of the new pvp season, and the balance patch.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > -the frequency of the balance patches. (possibly due to allocation of funding inside arenanet, or some other unforseen explanation.)

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > -the lack of communication from the balance team.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > What this means. Changing the behavior that lead to these complaints will feel like eating crow and admitting fault. Sorry... But you're going to have to suck up that part and trust that our gratitude at the fact of the change will outweigh people upset with you guys.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > A developer live stream after each more frequent patch will result in more hype. Which means more returning players. Which means more gem store purchases, because returning players don't want to grind.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > More frequent patches will prevent the toxicity of the pvp community from clumping at the top or bottom. Pvp is toxic. Welcome to a game mode where there's always a looser. Hence always salt. Hence always toxic. So frequently patch it... In order to constantly keep the toxicity from settling. (you already split pvp and pve traits... Embrace this and patch pvp more frequently)

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Just saying. I mean.... What the community wants is clear. The fact that we don't get it... Makes us wonder why you aren't listening. The fact that you aren't listening makes us wonder if you care. The face that we don't know if you care makes us resent you.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > How do you fix a relationship where resentment has taken root? Begin a new, as though from the beginning.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > So Anet, any takers?

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Great post.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > No it's not. It's potato tier.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I don't give a kitten about ANY of that crap he said. Literally. LITERALLY the only reason PvP is "toxic"(said in a nasaly voice) is because Anet introduced PvE rewards in PvP.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > That's it.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Wing farmers. Pip farmers. Llama losers.

> > > > > > > All from pve and all only grinding to get what they came for and leave.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Now I'm not saying this to be exclusive, because I too am a PvE player! The difference is, I respect the time and risk a PvP player takes when teamed with people who DON'T CARE ABOUT PVP, RANK, WINING, OR EFFORT.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > THEY PUT BARE MININUM IN AND GRIND AT THE EXPENSE OF OTHER PEOPLE'S STANDING IN LEAGUE.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > get rid of it all.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Tldr; people treat league like a PvE map. Just be present for events, tag a few mobs and get pips(map currency) to cash rewards (end chests).

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Wings and Pips get ascended gear which also work for WvW, JS.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Wings require dedication and work for those chieves.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > The ascended gear from PvP cost just as much, if not more in some cases, gold then straight crafting it. No one is a PvEr farming for ascended in Rated, not since the grand master marks were added, that's foolish now.

> > > > >

> > > > > ...you get grandmaster marks in your chests. You literally undid whatever you tried to prove.

> > > > >

> > > > > 2 hrs in league and you have ascended armor piece.

> > > > >

> > > > > Wings require ZERO EFFORT. Oh wait you said dedication. Yeah it takes dedication to grind 3 pips a match and afk after getting some wins and topatats.

> > > >

> > > > Okay 1 at a time.

> > > >

> > > > "You get grandmaster marks in your chests"

> > > > You get 3 marks total, for the last chest the first time. That's it, per season, you need 20 marks for a chest. That would require completeling 7 seasons for a set. Try again lol.

> > > >

> > > > The wings, require a serious amount of Achievements, did you even know that? It goes much further than top stats lol. It requires playing alot of PvP for at a minimum of 2 months straight every single day. For what a backpack that can change it's stats? A blood ruby bag you can get in a couple of days of PvE can do the same. Unless you really want the skin, it would be stupid to farm wings.

> > > >

> > > > "You get an ascended in 2 hours" this is so false it's hillarious, you obviously have no clue what you are talking about lol.

> > >

> > > I have full ardent glorious set and ascension. Tell me more.

> > >

> > > I go it through casual PvP

> > > No effort.

> > >

> > > I did it Aaaaaaalllll on bronze too.

> > >

> > > Now going from bronze1 to gold 3 last season, THAT TOOK MORE EFFORT THAN ALL OF THOSE COMBINED.

> >

> > Okay, again, we are talking different things there was easy Ascended in previous seasons, that ended however and currently they are not easy, nor an effiencent way to get ascended gear. Past seasons are irrelvant as those are no longer applicable.

>

> Dude. Read slowly.

> The Ascension, was a joke to get.

> The legendary back was an absolute cotton candy farm.

>

> Getting from bronze1 to gold 3 was five million times more effort than getting a legendary.

>

> Oooooo! So you did PvP dailies for 2 months. So hard.

Again there is more to it than that, during that 2 months you would have to get 180 wins, minium, gated behind where you are with other stuff, including the 3 ranked games a day.

Yes the Ascension is easy for people that enjoy the game mode, and are playing it anyway. However for a PvE player to farm it, just to farm it. Is not easy, nor is it worth doing, when you could get a bloodstone backpack that does similar for much less work and 2-3 days mining ores. Unless they want the skin, which it's hideous so IDK why they would.

You are not thinking clearly or looking at the reality objectively. The facts however are on my side, and your thoughts of PvE players in PvP are just wrong. Win traders, and people that are bad at the game mode, but want to play it are more prevalent than PvErs farming Wings or Ascended gear.

> > > > > > @"Omar Aschi Popp.7496" said:

> > > > > > > @"Cyber Locc.9836" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Omar Aschi Popp.7496" said:

> > > > > > > > > @Einlanzer.1627 said:

> > > > > > > > > > @BrokenGlass.9356 said:

> > > > > > > > > > After reading this, I just have to sum this up with no particular emphasis.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Disclaimer: I assume this post makes it to the balance team, "I love your game, but I don't care about your feelings. Listen up."

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > The overwhelming majority of people posting here are unhappy with three things.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > -the timing of the new pvp season, and the balance patch.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > -the frequency of the balance patches. (possibly due to allocation of funding inside arenanet, or some other unforseen explanation.)

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > -the lack of communication from the balance team.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > What this means. Changing the behavior that lead to these complaints will feel like eating crow and admitting fault. Sorry... But you're going to have to suck up that part and trust that our gratitude at the fact of the change will outweigh people upset with you guys.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > A developer live stream after each more frequent patch will result in more hype. Which means more returning players. Which means more gem store purchases, because returning players don't want to grind.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > More frequent patches will prevent the toxicity of the pvp community from clumping at the top or bottom. Pvp is toxic. Welcome to a game mode where there's always a looser. Hence always salt. Hence always toxic. So frequently patch it... In order to constantly keep the toxicity from settling. (you already split pvp and pve traits... Embrace this and patch pvp more frequently)

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Just saying. I mean.... What the community wants is clear. The fact that we don't get it... Makes us wonder why you aren't listening. The fact that you aren't listening makes us wonder if you care. The face that we don't know if you care makes us resent you.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > How do you fix a relationship where resentment has taken root? Begin a new, as though from the beginning.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > So Anet, any takers?

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Great post.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > No it's not. It's potato tier.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I don't give a kitten about ANY of that crap he said. Literally. LITERALLY the only reason PvP is "toxic"(said in a nasaly voice) is because Anet introduced PvE rewards in PvP.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > That's it.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Wing farmers. Pip farmers. Llama losers.

> > > > > > > > All from pve and all only grinding to get what they came for and leave.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Now I'm not saying this to be exclusive, because I too am a PvE player! The difference is, I respect the time and risk a PvP player takes when teamed with people who DON'T CARE ABOUT PVP, RANK, WINING, OR EFFORT.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > THEY PUT BARE MININUM IN AND GRIND AT THE EXPENSE OF OTHER PEOPLE'S STANDING IN LEAGUE.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > get rid of it all.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Tldr; people treat league like a PvE map. Just be present for events, tag a few mobs and get pips(map currency) to cash rewards (end chests).

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Wings and Pips get ascended gear which also work for WvW, JS.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Wings require dedication and work for those chieves.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > The ascended gear from PvP cost just as much, if not more in some cases, gold then straight crafting it. No one is a PvEr farming for ascended in Rated, not since the grand master marks were added, that's foolish now.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > ...you get grandmaster marks in your chests. You literally undid whatever you tried to prove.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > 2 hrs in league and you have ascended armor piece.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Wings require ZERO EFFORT. Oh wait you said dedication. Yeah it takes dedication to grind 3 pips a match and afk after getting some wins and topatats.

> > > > >

> > > > > Okay 1 at a time.

> > > > >

> > > > > "You get grandmaster marks in your chests"

> > > > > You get 3 marks total, for the last chest the first time. That's it, per season, you need 20 marks for a chest. That would require completeling 7 seasons for a set. Try again lol.

> > > > >

> > > > > The wings, require a serious amount of Achievements, did you even know that? It goes much further than top stats lol. It requires playing alot of PvP for at a minimum of 2 months straight every single day. For what a backpack that can change it's stats? A blood ruby bag you can get in a couple of days of PvE can do the same. Unless you really want the skin, it would be stupid to farm wings.

> > > > >

> > > > > "You get an ascended in 2 hours" this is so false it's hillarious, you obviously have no clue what you are talking about lol.

> > > >

> > > > I have full ardent glorious set and ascension. Tell me more.

> > > >

> > > > I go it through casual PvP

> > > > No effort.

> > > >

> > > > I did it Aaaaaaalllll on bronze too.

> > > >

> > > > Now going from bronze1 to gold 3 last season, THAT TOOK MORE EFFORT THAN ALL OF THOSE COMBINED.

> > >

> > > Okay, again, we are talking different things there was easy Ascended in previous seasons, that ended however and currently they are not easy, nor an effiencent way to get ascended gear. Past seasons are irrelvant as those are no longer applicable.

> >

> > Dude. Read slowly.

> > The Ascension, was a joke to get.

> > The legendary back was an absolute cotton candy farm.

> >

> > Getting from bronze1 to gold 3 was five million times more effort than getting a legendary.

> >

> > Oooooo! So you did PvP dailies for 2 months. So hard.

>

> Again there is more to it than that, during that 2 months you would have to get 180 wins, minium, gated behind where you are with other stuff, including the 3 ranked games a day.

>

> Yes the Ascension is easy for people that enjoy the game mode, and are playing it anyway. However for a PvE player to farm it, just to farm it. Is not easy, nor is it worth doing, when you could get a bloodstone backpack that does similar for much less work and 2-3 days mining ores. Unless they want the skin, which it's hideous so IDK why they would.

Why are you deliberately pretending I didn't already state I got the legendary wings while being a PvP noob, just doing dailies for 15 min every now and then all yhe while being on BRONZE division ths entire time bevause I sucked at PvP?

You can literally afk farm 70% of wings. 10% is topstats and 20 is wins under 3 classes.

> > > > > > @"Cyber Locc.9836" said:

> > > > > > > @"Omar Aschi Popp.7496" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Cyber Locc.9836" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Omar Aschi Popp.7496" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @Einlanzer.1627 said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @BrokenGlass.9356 said:

> > > > > > > > > > > After reading this, I just have to sum this up with no particular emphasis.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Disclaimer: I assume this post makes it to the balance team, "I love your game, but I don't care about your feelings. Listen up."

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > The overwhelming majority of people posting here are unhappy with three things.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > -the timing of the new pvp season, and the balance patch.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > -the frequency of the balance patches. (possibly due to allocation of funding inside arenanet, or some other unforseen explanation.)

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > -the lack of communication from the balance team.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > What this means. Changing the behavior that lead to these complaints will feel like eating crow and admitting fault. Sorry... But you're going to have to suck up that part and trust that our gratitude at the fact of the change will outweigh people upset with you guys.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > A developer live stream after each more frequent patch will result in more hype. Which means more returning players. Which means more gem store purchases, because returning players don't want to grind.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > More frequent patches will prevent the toxicity of the pvp community from clumping at the top or bottom. Pvp is toxic. Welcome to a game mode where there's always a looser. Hence always salt. Hence always toxic. So frequently patch it... In order to constantly keep the toxicity from settling. (you already split pvp and pve traits... Embrace this and patch pvp more frequently)

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Just saying. I mean.... What the community wants is clear. The fact that we don't get it... Makes us wonder why you aren't listening. The fact that you aren't listening makes us wonder if you care. The face that we don't know if you care makes us resent you.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > How do you fix a relationship where resentment has taken root? Begin a new, as though from the beginning.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > So Anet, any takers?

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Great post.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > No it's not. It's potato tier.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > I don't give a kitten about ANY of that crap he said. Literally. LITERALLY the only reason PvP is "toxic"(said in a nasaly voice) is because Anet introduced PvE rewards in PvP.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > That's it.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Wing farmers. Pip farmers. Llama losers.

> > > > > > > > > All from pve and all only grinding to get what they came for and leave.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Now I'm not saying this to be exclusive, because I too am a PvE player! The difference is, I respect the time and risk a PvP player takes when teamed with people who DON'T CARE ABOUT PVP, RANK, WINING, OR EFFORT.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > THEY PUT BARE MININUM IN AND GRIND AT THE EXPENSE OF OTHER PEOPLE'S STANDING IN LEAGUE.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > get rid of it all.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Tldr; people treat league like a PvE map. Just be present for events, tag a few mobs and get pips(map currency) to cash rewards (end chests).

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Wings and Pips get ascended gear which also work for WvW, JS.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Wings require dedication and work for those chieves.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > The ascended gear from PvP cost just as much, if not more in some cases, gold then straight crafting it. No one is a PvEr farming for ascended in Rated, not since the grand master marks were added, that's foolish now.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > ...you get grandmaster marks in your chests. You literally undid whatever you tried to prove.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > 2 hrs in league and you have ascended armor piece.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Wings require ZERO EFFORT. Oh wait you said dedication. Yeah it takes dedication to grind 3 pips a match and afk after getting some wins and topatats.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Okay 1 at a time.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > "You get grandmaster marks in your chests"

> > > > > > You get 3 marks total, for the last chest the first time. That's it, per season, you need 20 marks for a chest. That would require completeling 7 seasons for a set. Try again lol.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > The wings, require a serious amount of Achievements, did you even know that? It goes much further than top stats lol. It requires playing alot of PvP for at a minimum of 2 months straight every single day. For what a backpack that can change it's stats? A blood ruby bag you can get in a couple of days of PvE can do the same. Unless you really want the skin, it would be stupid to farm wings.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > "You get an ascended in 2 hours" this is so false it's hillarious, you obviously have no clue what you are talking about lol.

> > > > >

> > > > > I have full ardent glorious set and ascension. Tell me more.

> > > > >

> > > > > I go it through casual PvP

> > > > > No effort.

> > > > >

> > > > > I did it Aaaaaaalllll on bronze too.

> > > > >

> > > > > Now going from bronze1 to gold 3 last season, THAT TOOK MORE EFFORT THAN ALL OF THOSE COMBINED.

> > > >

> > > > Okay, again, we are talking different things there was easy Ascended in previous seasons, that ended however and currently they are not easy, nor an effiencent way to get ascended gear. Past seasons are irrelvant as those are no longer applicable.

> > >

> > > Dude. Read slowly.

> > > The Ascension, was a joke to get.

> > > The legendary back was an absolute cotton candy farm.

> > >

> > > Getting from bronze1 to gold 3 was five million times more effort than getting a legendary.

> > >

> > > Oooooo! So you did PvP dailies for 2 months. So hard.

> >

> > Again there is more to it than that, during that 2 months you would have to get 180 wins, minium, gated behind where you are with other stuff, including the 3 ranked games a day.

> >

> > Yes the Ascension is easy for people that enjoy the game mode, and are playing it anyway. However for a PvE player to farm it, just to farm it. Is not easy, nor is it worth doing, when you could get a bloodstone backpack that does similar for much less work and 2-3 days mining ores. Unless they want the skin, which it's hideous so IDK why they would.

>

> Why are you deliberately pretending I didn't already state I got the legendary wings while being a PvP noob, just doing dailies for 15 min every now and then all yhe while being on BRONZE division ths entire time bevause I sucked at PvP?

>

> You can literally afk farm 70% of wings. 10% is topstats and 20 is wins under 3 classes.

>

Except there is more to it than that? There is a pretty big list of achievements. Afking, and getting carried through the 180 wins required (class wins aside) in 2 months, will be pretty hard just playing 3 macthes per day.

It takes playing, alot more than 3 macthes per day. Especially since you have 15 day to finish each meta of the 4, if you want to get the wings in 1 season. Then there is the gold requirement at the end. All that for what? A backpack with changeable stats? Backpacks don't have much stats, a chest piece had more, and the blood ruby backpack can be obtained with extreme ease, in a couple of days.

I don't really care what you think, it's wrong. How easy, you think the backpack is is irrelvant, as there is a reality of how hard it actually is, (which again it's not that it's hard, it's that it requires dedication to playing the game mode) when another backpack, that can also stat change, can be obtained much easier and cheaper.

And all of that leaves out the what 1k gold it cost to craft the backpack at the end of the achievements? As compared to farming 200 bloodstone and 5k Unbound Magic.

Once again, it would be foolish to Farm The Ascension, unless you A. Already play the game mode, or B. Want the skin. The same goes for all Ascended gear, outside of Rings, of which it would be easier to Farm in WvW as a PvE player.

(The only reason rings are more effeicient is due to them being already infused. With that aside, any LVS3 ring is much quicker and easier to obtain)

> Again there is more to it than that, during that 2 months you would have to get 180 wins, minium, gated behind where you are with other stuff, including the 3 ranked games a day.

>

> Yes the Ascension is easy for people that enjoy the game mode, and are playing it anyway. However for a PvE player to farm it, just to farm it. Is not easy, nor is it worth doing, when you could get a bloodstone backpack that does similar for much less work and 2-3 days mining ores. Unless they want the skin, which it's hideous so IDK why they would.

>

> You are not thinking clearly or looking at the reality objectively. The facts however are on my side, and your thoughts of PvE players in PvP are just wrong. Win traders, and people that are bad at the game mode, but want to play it are more prevalent than PvErs farming Wings or Ascended gear.

The Ascension was extremely easy to get. So easy, that when they finally changed it most PvE people that wanted it already had it, myself included.

I stopped playing PvP during/after the first duo-only season (whatever number that was). I got the Ascension. I didn't play daily. A few games every few days. Sometimes dailies for a few days in a row, but never excessively. I wasn't a really good player either, ca. 50% win ratio in ranked PvP (thanks for that, Efficiency).

So yes, it was kittening easy to get.

On topic:

Balance patch in 1+h. To say I'm excited would be a lie, but maybe Anet surprises me, who knows.

> @Ashamir.9574 said:

> > Again there is more to it than that, during that 2 months you would have to get 180 wins, minium, gated behind where you are with other stuff, including the 3 ranked games a day.

> >

> > Yes the Ascension is easy for people that enjoy the game mode, and are playing it anyway. However for a PvE player to farm it, just to farm it. Is not easy, nor is it worth doing, when you could get a bloodstone backpack that does similar for much less work and 2-3 days mining ores. Unless they want the skin, which it's hideous so IDK why they would.

> >

> > You are not thinking clearly or looking at the reality objectively. The facts however are on my side, and your thoughts of PvE players in PvP are just wrong. Win traders, and people that are bad at the game mode, but want to play it are more prevalent than PvErs farming Wings or Ascended gear.

>

> The Ascension was extremely easy to get. So easy, that when they finally changed it most PvE people that wanted it already had it, myself included.

>

> I stopped playing PvP during/after the first duo-only season (whatever number that was). I got the Ascension. I didn't play daily. A few games every few days. Sometimes dailies for a few days in a row, but never excessively. I wasn't a really good player either, ca. 50% win ratio in ranked PvP (thanks for that, Efficiency).

>

> So yes, it was kittening easy to get.

>

> On topic:

> Balance patch in 1+h. To say I'm excited would be a lie, but maybe Anet surprises me, who knows.

You are saying it was easy to get, you specified they changed it.

That aside, once again we find ourselves at an effiencent standpoint. It's less effiencent.

If you didn't do the dailys every single day then it took more than one season to obtain. It requires at minium 60 days of playing ranked every single day. A season is only 2 months that is 60 days....

Also again, doing it in 1 season, requires you to hit those achievement milestones in 15 days, each meta has a 15 day of 3 ranked macthes a day requirement. Each meta must be fully completed to do the next. The first one ya easy, 30 wins in 15 days, few profession achievements. However as we go on, it becomes increasingly harder to do, requiring increasingly more time spent in PvP.

> If you didn't do the dailys every single day then it took more than one season to obtain. It requires at minium 60 days of playing ranked every single day. A season is only 2 months that is 60 days....

Well, yes. I never said I only needed one season.

> @Ashamir.9574 said:

> > If you didn't do the dailys every single day then it took more than one season to obtain. It requires at minium 60 days of playing ranked every single day. A season is only 2 months that is 60 days....

>

> Well, yes. I never said I only needed one season.

>

Okay, well then once again. To do that just to do it, is not very smart. If you are only PvPing for that, and that alone that is foolish.

It gives 2 advantages, changing stats, and a skin. Blodstone backpack can change stats at the cost of 100 unbound magic, which is nothing, so that is out the window. So we are left with a skin, unless you want that skin it's a waste of time, and energy to get it.

Hints no PvE player is going to go out of there way to get it. And if they do they are a fool.

> Okay, well then once again. To do that just to do it, is not very smart. If you are only PvPing for that, and that alone that is foolish.

>

> It gives 2 advantages, changing stats, and a skin. Blodstone backpack can change stats at the cost of 100 unbound magic, which is nothing, so that is out the window. So we are left with a skin, unless you want that skin it's a waste of time, and energy to get it.

>

> **Hints no PvE player is going to go out of there way to get it. And if they do they are a fool. **

Tbh I had some fun playing, as I got into PvP playing with a guild team. Without those players I would have never chosen to start PvP, but with them it was fun, and since all of use wanted the armor/backpack it was a nice, easy (if you ignore the occasional rage bc people) way to get it.

I wanted a legendary backpack. I had two 2 options, and at the time the PvP one was cheaper than the fractal one, not to mention that I also got an ascended armor set out of it. And gold. And transmutation charges. (And hundreds of tomes of knowledge.)

Funny thing is tho, that a lot of PvE players played PvP just for the backpiece or the ascended armor.

You can all those players fools, fair enough. They will differ however.

> As I read all these comments. I have to ask? Have any of you played anything other than GW2? I get the balance complaints, but in reality ANETs balancing isn't that far off from most games. There will always be broken specs, in both directions. It happens in Every MMO, really every game.

>

> FOTM, is not new to gaming, it's not only in GW2, it will be in whatever game you play. If that fact of gaming bothers you that much. Maybe it's time to find a different hobby?

The complaints are about the lethargic pace of pitifully tiny balance patches in GW2, not so much the quality. We could live with bad balance if we knew that it would be 2-4 weeks max before outliers in either direction were addressed. But as it is now, we hae to wait 3-4 months, for a _chance_ at having it addressed. And if it didn't do enough, or was a huge overnerf, we have to wait another 3-4 months for a _chance_ at ANet even admitting they made a mistake and correcting their first balancing attempt.

That's not balance. That is why people complain. For the scale of teh balance patches we receive, they need to be coming at least once a month, not 3-4 times a year max.

> > @Ashamir.9574 said:

> > > If you didn't do the dailys every single day then it took more than one season to obtain. It requires at minium 60 days of playing ranked every single day. A season is only 2 months that is 60 days....

> >

> > Well, yes. I never said I only needed one season.

> >

>

> Okay, well then once again. To do that just to do it, is not very smart. If you are only PvPing for that, and that alone that is foolish.

>

> It gives 2 advantages, changing stats, and a skin. Blodstone backpack can change stats at the cost of 100 unbound magic, which is nothing, so that is out the window. So we are left with a skin, unless you want that skin it's a waste of time, and energy to get it.

>

> Hints no PvE player is going to go out of there way to get it. And if they do they are a fool.

Shrug, or it gives them something to do. PvE players get bored with just PvE as well.

> @OriOri.8724 said:

> > As I read all these comments. I have to ask? Have any of you played anything other than GW2? I get the balance complaints, but in reality ANETs balancing isn't that far off from most games. There will always be broken specs, in both directions. It happens in Every MMO, really every game.

> >

> > FOTM, is not new to gaming, it's not only in GW2, it will be in whatever game you play. If that fact of gaming bothers you that much. Maybe it's time to find a different hobby?

>

> The complaints are about the lethargic pace of pitifully tiny balance patches in GW2, not so much the quality. We could live with bad balance if we knew that it would be 2-4 weeks max before outliers in either direction were addressed. But as it is now, we hae to wait 3-4 months, for a _chance_ at having it addressed. And if it didn't do enough, or was a huge overnerf, we have to wait another 3-4 months for a _chance_ at ANet even admitting they made a mistake and correcting their first balancing attempt.

>

> That's not balance. That is why people complain. For the scale of teh balance patches we receive, they need to be coming at least once a month, not 3-4 times a year max.

I 100% agree they could stand to be alottt more often. However it has already been said, it seems Anet has issues doing that. There team is likely too small, to have a bigger team requires more money, more money requires more players, more players require better balance, which requires more money.

They are kind of stuck in a cacth 22 loop. I understand the frustrations, however I am sure they want to give more balance updates, but something has to give in the loop they are in to do so I bet.

> @Neutra.6857 said:

> > > @Ashamir.9574 said:

> > > > If you didn't do the dailys every single day then it took more than one season to obtain. It requires at minium 60 days of playing ranked every single day. A season is only 2 months that is 60 days....

> > >

> > > Well, yes. I never said I only needed one season.

> > >

> >

> > Okay, well then once again. To do that just to do it, is not very smart. If you are only PvPing for that, and that alone that is foolish.

> >

> > It gives 2 advantages, changing stats, and a skin. Blodstone backpack can change stats at the cost of 100 unbound magic, which is nothing, so that is out the window. So we are left with a skin, unless you want that skin it's a waste of time, and energy to get it.

> >

> > Hints no PvE player is going to go out of there way to get it. And if they do they are a fool.

>

> Shrug, or it gives them something to do. PvE players get bored with just PvE as well.

That is true, and when that happens, the player turns to PvP to play in it, give there all, and do something new fun and exicitng. Which is not what he said, he stated they go into PvP strictly to farm the rewards, and they don't particapte in the macth. Which is a fallacy.

Also, when those bored PvErs give PvP a shot, they may find they enjoy it more than PvE, and become life long PvPers. Let's be honest, none of us started as PvPers, we were all PvErs at one time, even if that was only the leveling to max in our first MMO. Then we found PvP, and fell in love.

Which adds even more people to our PvP community.

The enitr premise of the argument was his statement "PvE rewards make toxicity in PvP modes" that is a half baked fallacy. Toxicity is breed from PvP, even in games where PvE does not exist. It's a core part of PvP period, and his logic and ideas are wrong and outlandish.

> > @Neutra.6857 said:

> > > > @Ashamir.9574 said:

> > > > > If you didn't do the dailys every single day then it took more than one season to obtain. It requires at minium 60 days of playing ranked every single day. A season is only 2 months that is 60 days....

> > > >

> > > > Well, yes. I never said I only needed one season.

> > > >

> > >

> > > Okay, well then once again. To do that just to do it, is not very smart. If you are only PvPing for that, and that alone that is foolish.

> > >

> > > It gives 2 advantages, changing stats, and a skin. Blodstone backpack can change stats at the cost of 100 unbound magic, which is nothing, so that is out the window. So we are left with a skin, unless you want that skin it's a waste of time, and energy to get it.

> > >

> > > Hints no PvE player is going to go out of there way to get it. And if they do they are a fool.

> >

> > Shrug, or it gives them something to do. PvE players get bored with just PvE as well.

>

> That is true, and when that happens, the player turns to PvP to play in it, give there all, and do something new fun and exicitng. Which is not what he said, he stated they go into PvP strictly to farm the rewards, and they don't particapte in the macth. Which is a fallacy.

I dare you to copy and paste this in the PvP section of the forums.