Why did we have off season now?

Forsty.7968

> @Mutaatti.2789 said:

> Because Anet is busy with PvE at this moment. They wanted to do balance patch sooner, but couldn't because of everything that was going on in PvE.

>

> You need to realize, PvE>PvP. Their priority will always be on PvE first.

Let me fix this! PvE>PvP>what the kitten is WvW. You are welcome!

Anet generally doesn't care about balance patches too much. For this reason you have to wait between season for so long until they finally have some time to do some slight balance changes. PvE has the highest priority.

I 2 dont Understand the reasoning behind offseasons..... you could argue that it is to simply slow down the rewards that are brought to the game via the pip system....but its not like even that makes PVP the most profitable system not even close really.

It was orginally stated that this was when they would drop big balance changes and during the offseason players would come to grips with the changes.....however that cant be the case now as even now they are dropping a balance patch on the start of the new season AND further evidence they dropped POF in the middle of a season lol...

to me it serves no purpose and keeps more people logged out of the game then anything else seems like a terrible idea... but hey i think gw2 pvp is just trying to commit suicide anyways lol.

A pause between seasons is imho required.

Not sure if 1 week or 1 month, or even more, but is something which the game somehow needs ( balances and simply a break, like every "competition" ).

Also is reward related.

Currently crafting legendary pieces through pve is the most brainded way, and every season allows you to craft 2 of em ( or part of the backpack, but for that wvw should be better ), so they use the ticket claim currency as timegate for legendary armor.

I am not sure about **ascended shards of glory** in terms of aviability.

Since WvW tickets are always avaible and allow the players to purchase ascended equipment, so should the PvP counterpart ( and i underline the fact that i am not sure if actually SPvP work this way, but since tracks seem to be avaible only during the current season, i am no sure. Somebody feels free to tell ).

> @Nova.3817 said:

> I 2 dont Understand the reasoning behind offseasons..... you could argue that it is to simply slow down the rewards that are brought to the game via the pip system....but its not like even that makes PVP the most profitable system not even close really.

>

> It was orginally stated that this was when they would drop big balance changes and during the offseason players would come to grips with the changes.....however that cant be the case now as even now they are dropping a balance patch on the start of the new season AND further evidence they dropped POF in the middle of a season lol...

>

> to me it serves no purpose and keeps more people logged out of the game then anything else seems like a terrible idea... but hey i think gw2 pvp is just trying to commit suicide anyways lol.

If you think the New PvE League seasons are not profitable. Then I don't know what to say.

After PoF release I decided to try the new Elite Specs.(Mostly just cheesing Scourge stacking) In those 3 to 4 hours of spamming matches I made over 80 plus gold. Plus you have to also calculate the price of the 3 grandmaster marks I've made too. So in the end for 3 to 4 hours of effort I walked away from sPvP, with easily over 140 plus gold. So to say that the rewards are not profitable, is just baffling in my mind.

When in fact the rewards in Ranked Leagues seasons. Are the only reason that worth suffering through. The constant GW2's horrible match quality match after match. Why else do you think, we had such a proliferation of AFKers in sPvP?

> @"Reaper Alim.4176" said:

> > @Nova.3817 said:

> > I 2 dont Understand the reasoning behind offseasons..... you could argue that it is to simply slow down the rewards that are brought to the game via the pip system....but its not like even that makes PVP the most profitable system not even close really.

> >

> > It was orginally stated that this was when they would drop big balance changes and during the offseason players would come to grips with the changes.....however that cant be the case now as even now they are dropping a balance patch on the start of the new season AND further evidence they dropped POF in the middle of a season lol...

> >

> > to me it serves no purpose and keeps more people logged out of the game then anything else seems like a terrible idea... but hey i think gw2 pvp is just trying to commit suicide anyways lol.

>

> If you think the New PvE League seasons are not profitable. Then I don't know what to say.

>

> After PoF release I decided to try the new Elite Specs.(Mostly just cheesing Scourge stacking) In those 3 to 4 hours of spamming matches I made over 80 plus gold. Plus you have to also calculate the price of the 3 grandmaster marks I've made too. So in the end for 3 to 4 hours of effort I walked away from sPvP, with easily over 140 plus gold. So to say that the rewards are not profitable, is just baffling in my mind.

>

> When in fact the rewards in Ranked Leagues seasons. Are the only reason that worth suffering through. The constant GW2's horrible match quality match after match. Why else do you think, we had such a proliferation of AFKers in sPvP?

i never said it wasn't rewarding...i said it wasn't the most rewarding in the game you can easily make WAYYYY more money farming fractals and that doesn't have a offseason and that's just 1 method that makes more money than pvp......i'm only talking about in regards to why the would stop the rewards for the sake of a offseason there simply isn't THAT much reward to effect the economy.