Soulbeast Advice on WvW roam build

skystorm.9280

I have two builds here which I am having a tough time choosing - I have been using the first with moderate success and the second is something I have theory crafted.

Definitely would welcome any changes/ suggestions. I despise warhorn as a weapon though.

. http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNAR4YnE8CNsgtCCO8CctglOBL/02artPtgBwhz5vFAKcnkq3nD-jVSBQBHUti9t/AAeAAZU5nGuIAe4IAYSlg5T3wmUVJAACwNvZA4oH9oH9oHtG9oH9oH9oH9oH9olBQfMA-w <--- current build

. http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNAR3YnE8CNsglsAusAUtglCB7JBMDCANdgh1LI/6udLvnMSqeD-jlSGQBlT3QBV6Bi9HqnaFG4iAQFlgBSVlkoMAAHBgD8AACAgAczbGAcdje0je0je0je0je0yAoPGA-w

Since you have moderate success with the first one, i just took a look at the second one (both are well though on paper tho). You won't be able to efficiently stack mights with the build in my opinion, boon stacking builds hardly rely on We Heal As One + high boon duration. The good thing with SB is that with the damage modifiers you can precisely try some new builds outside boon stacking builds, besides you need the tools to be melee (you have no stability).

Based on your build, i would suggest Troll Unguent (the stance one is very situational and weak vs power builds), Dolyak Stance instead signet Of Stone (you can add more toughness via stats if you feel the need to) and maybe SOTP as your elite if condi is not an issue. You should really give a try to sword / axe as your second set of weapons (sword is our best dps weapon and add mobility, and axe off hand can deal very goo damage). You could try Fried Oyster Sandwich (70 power + 10 % damage reduction) with Scrapper runes (power / toughness and 7 % damage reduction within 600 units of an enemy) and finnaly sigil of Severance in your GS (250 precision and 250 ferocity for 4 second on interrupt) and Smokescale as your second pet (rather than wolf). That what i would try first with a melee build.

> @borya.2964 said:

> Since you have moderate success with the first one, i just took a look at the second one (both are well though on paper tho). You won't be able to efficiently stack mights with the build in my opinion, boon stacking builds hardly rely on We Heal As One + high boon duration. The good thing with SB is that with the damage modifiers you can precisely try some new builds outside boon stacking builds, besides you need the tools to be melee (you have no stability).

>

> Based on your build, i would suggest Troll Unguent (the stance one is very situational and weak vs power builds), Dolyak Stance instead signet Of Stone (you can add more toughness via stats if you feel the need to) and maybe SOTP as your elite if condi is not an issue. You should really give a try to sword / axe as your second set of weapons (sword is our best dps weapon and add mobility, and axe off hand can deal very goo damage). You could try Fried Oyster Sandwich (70 power + 10 % damage reduction) with Scrapper runes (power / toughness and 7 % damage reduction within 600 units of an enemy) and finnaly sigil of Severance in your GS (250 precision and 250 ferocity for 4 second on interrupt) and Smokescale as your second pet (rather than wolf). That what i would try first with a melee build.

Thank you very much for the feedback - I gave your suggestions a try and thus far its really paying off! Im really liking the damage reduction combo with food and runes while sword still feels a little clunky its basically my 'stay alive' swap/cleave - Im still playing around with A/D since I do need range and the condi's they bring in chill + cripple with dagger are great for catching up. Off hand axe is great for finishing off players so i think im going to stick BL sigil on it.