[POLL] What class do you play the most?

Hitman.5829

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not surprised Necro and Ranger are winning by far, other polls showed the most played game mode was open world pve by a significant margin.

Guess which 2 classes are best/easiest for that :P

> @Adryanna.1807 said:

> That's a lot of Necros...

> @Maizan.8516 said:

> Wow in surprised the number for necro. I understand not every player who plays the game are viewing and responding to the thread. I'm just going by the necro sub forum which tends to have a bit of frustration spewing forth. I love the class but I just play solo open world content mostly so I could probably pick anything and be just as happy.

Not many people do end game in GW2. Necro is superior at casual content.

Necro. A good all arounder. I might not have high damage output but I can solo like a beast without paying too much attention to what's going on.

Thief and Elementalist are WAY WAY too squishy for me.

Guardian was pretty good but I don't like the current direction for the class.

Engineer and Warrior were poorly designed and make no actual sense. In a world with magic, those who don't use magic should not able to hit as hard as those who do use magic and should not be able to get hit as hard as those with magic. Sort of like how Batman should not be able to stand toe to toe with an enemy that gives even Superman trouble because Batman is just a normal guy who doesn't have Superman's strength, speed or durability. Engineer and Warrior should thus be NPC cannon fodder only classes and not PC classes. Also, Engineer makes ZERO sense as it has infinite uses of finite items, has hand cranked turrets that no one hand cranks or targets, etc.

Reaver and Ranger are good but I don't really play them for no explainable reason. That the new Ranger spec uses daggers instead of rifles just makes me that much less likely to make another Ranger.

> @Maizan.8516 said:

> Wow in surprised the number for necro. I understand not every player who plays the game are viewing and responding to the thread. I'm just going by the necro sub forum which tends to have a bit of frustration spewing forth. I love the class but I just play solo open world content mostly so I could probably pick anything and be just as happy.

It isn't really a huge surprise. Necro is a very versatile and thematic class. It pays for its versatility by being a poor performer at the upper echelons of play, hence the tears on the necro forum.

Necro is also a very good open world class and a lot of players do open world more than pvp or raid content, much like every other MMO.

If you were to take a slice of what players were doing at any point in time, you would find that most players are doing open world stuff.

> @Ellisande.5218 said:

> > @Maizan.8516 said:

> > Wow in surprised the number for necro. I understand not every player who plays the game are viewing and responding to the thread. I'm just going by the necro sub forum which tends to have a bit of frustration spewing forth. I love the class but I just play solo open world content mostly so I could probably pick anything and be just as happy.

>

> It isn't really a huge surprise. Necro is a very versatile and thematic class. It pays for its versatility by being a poor performer at the upper echelons of play, hence the tears on the necro forum.

>

> Necro is also a very good open world class and a lot of players do open world more than pvp or raid content, much like every other MMO.

>

> If you were to take a slice of what players were doing at any point in time, you would find that most players are doing open world stuff.

Well, I personally think those complaints are justified. Just because Necro happens to be the king of the lowest common denominator doesn't mean concerns in high end content should be brushed off. I don't see it as whining or crying to ask for a semblance of balance in such game modes people may enjoy.