WvW Video - Fresh Air Weaver

killahmayne.9518

Just came back after a hiatus from GW2 to see what the new expansion was about, don't judge me too hard lol

Build in video description.

Had fun making this video. My thoughts on Fresh Air Weaver.

Pros:

-Extra stats and damage modifiers make it extremely bursty

-Double Air attunement (for extra burst)

-Decent dual abilities with a bit more AoE for teamfights

Cons:

-Low condition removal

-Low healing

-No instant access to survival skills (this is a really big con, ex: must attune twice for earth #4 and #5)

Extra thoughts: Very fun build, could possibly go tankier (2400 armor + more vit) and still deal decent damage although not sure how much it would help as mesmers and thieves can 1 shot you and spellbreakers still hit like a truck no matter what. Could switch the vit trait in the first line of weaver for Superior Elements (IMO tho you don't need the extra crit chance and the weakness doesn't last very long) or Elemental Pursuit (not bad), I still prefer the extra vit to absorb initial damage although I don't use the trait in most of the clips in the vid.

Thoughts, improvements, suggestions, comments?

TY

> @Eddbopkins.2630 said:

> Nice big damage for sure, but i wonder how hard you got condi bombed when it did happen. At the end when u got 7 torment on u n couldnt clear it, that wasnt that much to begin with n well that had to happen way more then that.

Surprisingly and I can say honestly say it doesn't happen that often as you would think. You have Ether Renewal on a low-ish cooldown and the #4 on earth which is still aight condition removal. Not to mention a plethora of shields, blinds, invulnerabilities, projectile mitigation, etc. The key is mainly to get the jump on an opponent and burst him hard so he is trying to defend himself rather than mount an offense. And pick fights smartly (i.e, dont try to 1v2 two scourges), think any class would have trouble with all that condi pressure.

You'll notice that I did have my heal interrupted at the end (which to be fair is a legit downside of running Ether Renewal) but as far as condis go if you can blind and keep a reasonable distance you should be able to get off ether renewal, not to mention i tried to go 1v4, lol. Not saying though this build can keep up with the condi output of say a mirage or a scourge unless you can time things perfectly or they are bad.

I think though I had a harder time vs power mirages and spellbreakers. Good holosmiths are difficult too. But that may be a L2P thing. I did die more with this build than the core fresh air though without a doubt. But perhaps slightly more defense and a larger vit pool could be helpful.

> @Eddbopkins.2630 said:

> I see, that all makes sense. I got some gameply of me on fa core ele ranked last season on plays.tv/eddbopkins . for me i juat cant get away from watee trait line. Specially in wvw roaming.

BTW I still think core FA is better with Air/Water/Arcane b/c of the survivability factor and the fact you aren't locked into attunements. Air/Earth/Arcane isn't bad either against pure power builds but it will somewhat lack the power of a Weaver and lack the condition removal of the Water line. But reduced earth cooldowns is very nice.

Your leaving out one of the biggest con for scepter more so on weaver then core ele the lack of cleaving effects or the need for targets to use skills (weaver needs targets to do most of its duel skills). This means that a player can run just beside you and mess up your casting of your combo. Core ele can use it skills even with out a target but for some reason they made most of weaver duel skills on scpter a must have target so you cant just use the skill to get the heal effect barrier etc.. The core ele freash air can use skill with out targets or dose not need to be right in line of sight of there targets to hit most of its big skills (the swap).