Ele consistently out-DPSed by DH and warriors. ANET fix it

Yreal.6937

> @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > @"vesica tempestas.1563" said:

> > Its not the only thing that predated raids, RPGs offered legendary gameplay where the greatest nights were where innovation won in the face of diversity. As long as min-maxers dont force their ideas onto others when its not required, all is well.

>

> This goes both ways. I don't force my way onto you, and in return you don't try to do the same to me. And then yes, all is well.

Huh?, no-one forces raiders to not play the builds they want, its an entirely 1 way street.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"vesica tempestas.1563" said:

> > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > @"vesica tempestas.1563" said:

> > > Its not the only thing that predated raids, RPGs offered legendary gameplay where the greatest nights were where innovation won in the face of diversity. As long as min-maxers dont force their ideas onto others when its not required, all is well.

> >

> > This goes both ways. I don't force my way onto you, and in return you don't try to do the same to me. And then yes, all is well.

>

> Huh?, no-one forces raiders to not play the builds they want, its an entirely 1 way street.

No, it is not. Meta play uses specific tactics built around a specific party composition. When someone ruins the integrity of your team by running a wrong build, you can't ignore that because it actually breaks your game. It's often overlooked by the "play your way" folks, but it is in fact a more destructive behavior, as you could simply ignore someone who's trying to tell you what to run. In any case, both are remedied by simply reading and respecting the expectations of those whose parties you join.

> @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > @"vesica tempestas.1563" said:

> > > > Its not the only thing that predated raids, RPGs offered legendary gameplay where the greatest nights were where innovation won in the face of diversity. As long as min-maxers dont force their ideas onto others when its not required, all is well.

> > >

> > > This goes both ways. I don't force my way onto you, and in return you don't try to do the same to me. And then yes, all is well.

> >

> > Huh?, no-one forces raiders to not play the builds they want, its an entirely 1 way street.

>

> No, it is not. Meta play uses specific tactics built around a specific party composition. When someone ruins the integrity of your team by running a wrong build, you can't ignore that because it actually breaks your game. It's often overlooked by the "play your way" folks, but it is in fact a more destructive behavior, as you could simply ignore someone who's trying to tell you what to run. In any case, both are remedied by simply reading and respecting the expectations of those whose parties you join.

You also forgot to mention that there’s more than one way to skin a cat but yeah I agree, a little reading and respect goes a long way to everyone getting what they want.

> @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > @"vesica tempestas.1563" said:

> > > > Its not the only thing that predated raids, RPGs offered legendary gameplay where the greatest nights were where innovation won in the face of diversity. As long as min-maxers dont force their ideas onto others when its not required, all is well.

> > >

> > > This goes both ways. I don't force my way onto you, and in return you don't try to do the same to me. And then yes, all is well.

> >

> > Huh?, no-one forces raiders to not play the builds they want, its an entirely 1 way street.

>

> No, it is not. Meta play uses specific tactics built around a specific party composition. When someone ruins the integrity of your team by running a wrong build, you can't ignore that because it actually breaks your game. It's often overlooked by the "play your way" folks, but it is in fact a more destructive behavior, as you could simply ignore someone who's trying to tell you what to run. In any case, both are remedied by simply reading and respecting the expectations of those whose parties you join.

thats not what i said, I said non raiders Don't try to force raiders to change from meta. Your arguement is about someone who joins your party and does not conform to what you want him to do with your composition - thats a different thing, you advertised a group compo and someone ignored it. This is a strawman because noone has ever said this should ever happen regardless if you are a raider or not.

The one way street is just that, in a group with no compo rules, raiders often try to force their way with builds. Non raiders who dont care about meta..dont care about meta, they dont care that a group is 'sub optimal' etc etc theres nothing to force.

> @"vesica tempestas.1563" said:

> > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > @"vesica tempestas.1563" said:

> > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > @"vesica tempestas.1563" said:

> > > > > Its not the only thing that predated raids, RPGs offered legendary gameplay where the greatest nights were where innovation won in the face of diversity. As long as min-maxers dont force their ideas onto others when its not required, all is well.

> > > >

> > > > This goes both ways. I don't force my way onto you, and in return you don't try to do the same to me. And then yes, all is well.

> > >

> > > Huh?, no-one forces raiders to not play the builds they want, its an entirely 1 way street.

> >

> > No, it is not. Meta play uses specific tactics built around a specific party composition. When someone ruins the integrity of your team by running a wrong build, you can't ignore that because it actually breaks your game. It's often overlooked by the "play your way" folks, but it is in fact a more destructive behavior, as you could simply ignore someone who's trying to tell you what to run. In any case, both are remedied by simply reading and respecting the expectations of those whose parties you join.

>

> thats not what i said, I said non raiders Don't try to force raiders to change from meta. Your arguement is about someone who joins your party and does not conform to what you want him to do with your composition - thats a different thing, you advertised a group compo and someone ignored it. This is a strawman because noone has ever said this should ever happen regardless if you are a raider or not.

>

> The one way street is just that, in a group with no compo rules, raiders often try to force their way with builds. Non raiders who dont care about meta..dont care about meta, they dont care that a group is 'sub optimal' etc etc theres nothing to force.

It's basically the same thing. Maybe it happens more, because these groups do not explicitly state in lfg they are no rules, maybe it doesn't. I simply don't know. But in its core it is the same problem of not respecting the way another wants to play and trying to change it instead of leaving and seeking other people who share your mindset.