Spellbreaker has 32 seconds of resistance in a 1v3, never even pops healing signet

coro.3176

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @coro.3176 said:

>

>

> This is getting ridiculous. As a condi build, basically all my damage and all my damage mitigation (blind, cripple, immobilize) are conditions. It is incredibly unbalanced for a class to just COMPLETELY IGNORE that for 32 (actually, 44 if they'd used Healing Signet on cooldown, which they might have if it was a 1v1) seconds at a time.

>

> In that time, I could have alt-f4ed, fired up Overwatch, and joined a quickplay.

>

> Honestly, if this kitten keeps up, I might just do that next time.

While the amount of resistance in this build is ridiculous, this mainly highlights just how fucking broken resistance is as a boon. It should never have been introduced to the game in the state it is now, never. And it needs to be toned down, asap.

No one can defend this. Here are some details that aren't noted. The spellbreaker isn't wearing a defense amulet, more than likely they are wearing demolishers or some other dps amulet. You can even wear zerker amulet and get away with what is seen in that video easily. So....he is doing a successful 3v1 (he downed one guy) with a dps amulet. Can anyone really say that there is nothing wrong with that picture?

I can understand if he was wearing a defensive amulet and had no damage but that is not the case. Ultimately, what is seen in the video is just a representation of a common problem with the game.: The ability to be more than one role at once. Bunker, power/condition or roamer. What is really interesting about full counter is that the spellbreaker does not have to be a condi build to do condi damage. Because full counter uses the condi damage off the user who gave the SB the conditions. So SB can successfully bunk and be a power/condi build all in one, all while having very good mobility.

Further more is the passive regen, unlike every other class warrior does not need to invest in healing power to make their passive regen worth while and further more it can't be boon stripped.

> @Crinn.7864 said:

> > @Hitman.5829 said:

> > > @Mutaatti.2789 said:

> > > > @Hitman.5829 said:

> > > > How about you bring some boon removal sigils, traits, utilities instead of complaining about resistance. The condi spam is too much right now that resistance is a must for every class, heck I say Anet needs to do more and give more resistance to everyone because the condition spam is too much.

> > > >

> > > > You outman him 3 vs 1 and not a single one of you had boon removal sigils, traits, or utilities? Don't expect to go in PvP with out the right builds and win.

> > >

> > > boon removal? :D You mean that sigil which removes 2 boons? Yeah... Spellbreaker has only 2 boons to remove....

> > > Exactly what are you so frightened dear warrior player? Anet should rework resistance. And warriors should have more condi removal, not condi ignoring skills. Like... yeah, every other class in this game.

> > >

> > > ps. Only scourge has condi removal/corruption that works against spellbreakers. Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE playing PvP knows this. So where have you been?

> >

> > I did go to school and the last time I checked, 2x3 = 6 boons removed. That warrior would stand no chance if you had the right builds! Learn to play PUGS!

> > In a team of 5, that is 2x5 = 10 boons removed. If you are complaining about trivial things like this, it just shows your level of ignorance about this game, it is a learn to play issue. Get good PUGS!

>

> Meta Spellbreaker generates the following boons

>

> might

> retaliation

> swiftness

> vigor

> stability

> resistance

> protection

>

> It is statistically unlikely for Sigil of Annulment or Sigil of Nullification to hit resistance, and if one of those sigils does manage to hit the resistance there is a decent chance the warrior will be able to reapply the resistance before critical damage is taken.

Oh look, another Einstein wanna be, let me teach you a little bit of math. 2/7 = 29% chance that resistance will be removed. Did i hear it's statistically unlikely? Great scott, somebody skipped math class! Combine that with traits, utilities, and skills and you have a 100% chance of removing ALL boons. Not to mention necromencer's scepter auto attack removes 1 boon every second. If you have the right build, there should be no problem removing boons on warrior, but people don't like to spend time researching builds, instead they hope to win by simply pressing 11111 and equipping condition runes.

My advice to the noobs is this: "Learn to play!"

I'm pretty sure that war had already STOLEN some resistance before you started recording, then proceeded to

- Blow bezerker stance ( @ second 5 and keeps pulsing til second 16 ) to keep it rolling ( which gave more time/update pulses)

- Full counter a few times ( each full counter putting proto for 3 seconds (via **guard counter** minor trait), helping mitigate direct damage even more)

- Evade / kite

- Switch to GS every now and then for might-on-crit shenadigans ( which, if he traits STR, means he gets heals on every might via **might is right**)

- Don't forget that interrupts ( via FC ) also provide more effects like boonsteal/rip ( via dispelling force + sigils). Also FC crits also trigger might is right.

- Also appears to have stolen more resist from one of the opponents.

- Don't forget the extra 2 seconds of resistance per successful FC if he's traited with revenge counter ( which is the only grandmaster that matters for pvp )

You ask how. This is how. It's not rocket science.

Also notice he went down in like 2 seconds the moment his resistance wore off. Which is exactly why he blew all his cooldowns and kept looking for more resistance to keep nullifying the condips. Players with some boonrip/steal/corrupt could have turned him to doodoo much earlier ( if they blow the right one).

> @Exciton.8942 said:

> > @TexZero.7910 said:

> > > @Swagg.9236 said:

> > > https://imgur.com/a/fZJPa

> > >

> > > No, no, no, we need *another* way to deal untyped damage in arbitrary amounts.

> > > >! Sweet mercy, how does this site's garbage image embedding function even work?

> >

> > like so ![](https://i.imgur.com/y8GgdTm.png "")

> >

> > Link the image not the album.

>

> Haha, this.

>

> Trying to fix problem with more broken stuff.

This is gold

> @Darknicrofia.2604 said:

> > @Hitman.5829 said:

> > How about you bring some boon removal sigils

>

> lulz,

>

> might as well tell ppl to bring sigil of cleansing if facing scourges, that should take care of the problem for sure!

>

> > @Hitman.5829 said:

> > > @Mutaatti.2789 said:

> > > > @Hitman.5829 said:

> > > > How about you bring some boon removal sigils, traits, utilities instead of complaining about resistance. The condi spam is too much right now that resistance is a must for every class, heck I say Anet needs to do more and give more resistance to everyone because the condition spam is too much.

> > > >

> > > > You outman him 3 vs 1 and not a single one of you had boon removal sigils, traits, or utilities? Don't expect to go in PvP with out the right builds and win.

> > >

> > > boon removal? :D You mean that sigil which removes 2 boons? Yeah... Spellbreaker has only 2 boons to remove....

> > > Exactly what are you so frightened dear warrior player? Anet should rework resistance. And warriors should have more condi removal, not condi ignoring skills. Like... yeah, every other class in this game.

> > >

> > > ps. Only scourge has condi removal/corruption that works against spellbreakers. Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE playing PvP knows this. So where have you been?

> >

> > I did go to school and the last time I checked, 2x3 = 6 boons removed. That warrior would stand no chance if you had the right builds! Learn to play PUGS!

> > In a team of 5, that is 2x5 = 10 boons removed. If you are complaining about trivial things like this, it just shows your level of ignorance about this game, it is a learn to play issue. Get good PUGS!

>

>

> So your solution to facing ONE spellbreaker is for FIVE people to use half their sigil slots to deal with ONE part of SB's immunity?

>

> what the kitten other kind of profession requres 5 people to dedicate that amount of resources into something?

>

> Imagine if a single guardian's F3 passive aegis required 5 people to crack.

I dunno maybe I suck, but even when I trip FC and transfer Condi, I still have 7 Condi on me at max stacks.

Explain. Because by your logic I must NEVER have Condi.

I have to take up sigil slots for Condi removal

I have to use natural healing to just mitigate 1/3 of Condi.

I have to use 2 utils just for Condi removal.

99% of all my deaths are from Condi exclusively.

What kool aid are we all drinking? L2p.

Also despite all this have you seen me call for firebrand and scourge nerfs?

No.

Not even once.

I l2p.

A warrior with whatever amulet, must stay in melee range to be effective, and by class design choice, it is warrior's job.

With now cc on the fly, condition spam cancer-meta, warrior are given pulsing stability and pulsing resistance allowing a warrior to do their job is a only choice Anet can do.

I am not saying i am happy with this result, cc and condi spam should be changed in order to give breathing air for resistance and stability down tune. I want to see more diversity on warrior, less stability, less resistance as much as you do, but the current meta is not letting it happens.

> @Hitman.5829 said:

> How about you bring some boon removal sigils, traits, utilities instead of complaining about resistance. The condi spam is too much right now that resistance is a must for every class, heck I say Anet needs to do more and give more resistance to everyone because the condition spam is too much.

>

> You outman him 3 vs 1 and not a single one of you had boon removal sigils, traits, or utilities? Don't expect to go in PvP with out the right builds and win.

This idea sounds great. In practice though, my build has no room for a boonstrip. Every skill on my bar is needed and there for a specific purpose. The meme about just "learn to play" is not applicable here.

Many builds simply don't have room to be altered for a situational skill that might or might not be used against one player.

Condition spam is high because of boons like resistance and stability.In fact, if memory serves, resistance was originally a Chronomancer exclusive and was distributed as a nerf to Mesmer. Not unlike Alacrity, come to think of it.

> @Hitman.5829 said:

> > @Crinn.7864 said:

> > > @Hitman.5829 said:

> > > > @Mutaatti.2789 said:

> > > > > @Hitman.5829 said:

> > > > > How about you bring some boon removal sigils, traits, utilities instead of complaining about resistance. The condi spam is too much right now that resistance is a must for every class, heck I say Anet needs to do more and give more resistance to everyone because the condition spam is too much.

> > > > >

> > > > > You outman him 3 vs 1 and not a single one of you had boon removal sigils, traits, or utilities? Don't expect to go in PvP with out the right builds and win.

> > > >

> > > > boon removal? :D You mean that sigil which removes 2 boons? Yeah... Spellbreaker has only 2 boons to remove....

> > > > Exactly what are you so frightened dear warrior player? Anet should rework resistance. And warriors should have more condi removal, not condi ignoring skills. Like... yeah, every other class in this game.

> > > >

> > > > ps. Only scourge has condi removal/corruption that works against spellbreakers. Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE playing PvP knows this. So where have you been?

> > >

> > > I did go to school and the last time I checked, 2x3 = 6 boons removed. That warrior would stand no chance if you had the right builds! Learn to play PUGS!

> > > In a team of 5, that is 2x5 = 10 boons removed. If you are complaining about trivial things like this, it just shows your level of ignorance about this game, it is a learn to play issue. Get good PUGS!

> >

> > Meta Spellbreaker generates the following boons

> >

> > might

> > retaliation

> > swiftness

> > vigor

> > stability

> > resistance

> > protection

> >

> > It is statistically unlikely for Sigil of Annulment or Sigil of Nullification to hit resistance, and if one of those sigils does manage to hit the resistance there is a decent chance the warrior will be able to reapply the resistance before critical damage is taken.

>

> Oh look, another Einstein wanna be, let me teach you a little bit of math. 2/7 = 29% chance that resistance will be removed. Did i hear it's statistically unlikely? Great scott, somebody skipped math class! Combine that with traits, utilities, and skills and you have a 100% chance of removing ALL boons. Not to mention necromencer's scepter auto attack removes 1 boon every second. If you have the right build, there should be no problem removing boons on warrior, but people don't like to spend time researching builds, instead they hope to win by simply pressing 11111 and equipping condition runes.

>

> My advice to the noobs is this: "Learn to play!"

>

"Combine that with spellbreaker or scourge traits, utilities, and skills and you have a 100% chance of removing ALL boons."when you were replying op who was playing engi . surely

fixed for you .

but well hitman is a troll. so whatever > @Ithilwen.1529 said:

> > @Hitman.5829 said:

> > How about you bring some boon removal sigils, traits, utilities instead of complaining about resistance. The condi spam is too much right now that resistance is a must for every class, heck I say Anet needs to do more and give more resistance to everyone because the condition spam is too much.

> >

> > You outman him 3 vs 1 and not a single one of you had boon removal sigils, traits, or utilities? Don't expect to go in PvP with out the right builds and win.

>

> This idea sounds great. In practice though, my build has no room for a boonstrip. Every skill on my bar is needed and there for a specific purpose. The meme about just "learn to play" is not applicable here.

>

> Many builds simply don't have room to be altered for a situational skill that might or might not be used against one player.

>

> Condition spam is high because of boons like resistance and stability.In fact, if memory serves, resistance was originally a Chronomancer exclusive and was distributed as a nerf to Mesmer. Not unlike Alacrity, come to think of it.

>

originally a Chronomancer exclusive

such thing never happened . we ever got a gm trait for resistance and that's .resistance was designed for rev from very start hence why they lack of condition removal .

but well it's funny how anet loaded a lot of resistance on war until it's broken ,not to mention cleanse ire was quite strong already .

> @Hitman.5829 said:

> > @Crinn.7864 said:

> > > @Hitman.5829 said:

> > > > > How about you bring some boon removal sigils, traits, utilities instead of complaining about resistance. The condi spam is too much right now that resistance is a must for every class, heck I say Anet needs to do more and give more resistance to everyone because the condition spam is too much.

> > > > >

> > > > > You outman him 3 vs 1 and not a single one of you had boon removal sigils, traits, or utilities? Don't expect to go in PvP with out the right builds and win.

> > > >

> > > > boon removal? :D You mean that sigil which removes 2 boons? Yeah... Spellbreaker has only 2 boons to remove....

> > > > Exactly what are you so frightened dear warrior player? Anet should rework resistance. And warriors should have more condi removal, not condi ignoring skills. Like... yeah, every other class in this game.

> > > >

> > > > ps. Only scourge has condi removal/corruption that works against spellbreakers. Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE playing PvP knows this. So where have you been?

> > >

> > > I did go to school and the last time I checked, 2x3 = 6 boons removed. That warrior would stand no chance if you had the right builds! Learn to play PUGS!

> > > In a team of 5, that is 2x5 = 10 boons removed. If you are complaining about trivial things like this, it just shows your level of ignorance about this game, it is a learn to play issue. Get good PUGS!

> >

> >

> > might

> > retaliation

> > swiftness

> > vigor

> > stability

> > resistance

> > protection

> >

> > It is statistically unlikely for Sigil of Annulment or Sigil of Nullification to hit resistance, and if one of those sigils does manage to hit the resistance there is a decent chance the warrior will be able to reapply the resistance before critical damage is taken.

>

> Oh look, another Einstein wanna be, let me teach you a little bit of math. 2/7 = 29% chance that resistance will be removed. Did i hear it's statistically unlikely? Great scott, somebody skipped math class! Combine that with traits, utilities, and skills and you have a 100% chance of removing ALL boons. Not to mention necromencer's scepter auto attack removes 1 boon every second. If you have the right build, there should be no problem removing boons on warrior, but people don't like to spend time researching builds, instead they hope to win by simply pressing 11111 and equipping condition runes.

>

>

I really don't understand why you do this. Do you think the nerfs will not come because you throw around some of the worst arguments in favor of spellbreaker?

> @NeedCoffee.1402 said:

> Why do you people pretend bunker druid and bunker guard or bunker ele weren't just as resilient? Maybe not the same way, but they were. 1v1 you couldn't burn down a bunker druid. they would just heal and laugh.

> Oh maybe that's a skill argument..... lol.

Neither of those had any, and I mean ANY killing power. How can you raise up an argument like this, trying to sound smart, calling people skill-less when you fail to discern the most basic of differences between both cases?

When I trace a parallel between the arguments I see people bring up in here, and the players I get in actual pvp matches, things start to make a lot of sense.

> @Kaga.7629 said:

> Also notice he went down in like 2 seconds the moment his resistance wore off. Which is exactly why he blew all his cooldowns and kept looking for more resistance to keep nullifying the condips. Players with some boonrip/steal/corrupt could have turned him to doodoo much earlier ( if they blow the right one).

I am noticing 32 sec of resistance, and what if there are 2 SB in match with no boon removal/corruption scourges near? What about that? They are pretty much broken in every aspect.

> @Hitman.5829 said:

> > @Crinn.7864 said:

> > > @Hitman.5829 said:

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

> > might

> > retaliation

> > swiftness

> > vigor

> > stability

> > resistance

> > protection

> >

>

>

>

There is only 3 builds in the game that can rip warrior resistance with enough consistency to be effective

1) curses scourge

2) mallyx corruption revenant. (which isn't even remotely viable)

3) s/d core thief. (which is a power build)

> @Crinn.7864 said:

> > @Omar Aschi Popp.7496 said:

> > I dunno maybe I suck, but even when I trip FC and transfer Condi, I still have 7 Condi on me at max stacks.

> > I l2p.

>

> FC _copies_ conditions. It does not transfer them.

>

> Do you not even know who your class works?

I play core in preference to SB.

Sorry but spellbreaker is not a "class"

And yet you still fail to tell me how SB the spec is OP and not the player you are up against.

FC copied Condi? Great. Next time don't cobdibombi me and trigger a retaliatory skill.

> @Crinn.7864 said:

> > @Omar Aschi Popp.7496 said:

> > I dunno maybe I suck, but even when I trip FC and transfer Condi, I still have 7 Condi on me at max stacks.

> > I l2p.

>

> FC _copies_ conditions. It does not transfer them.

>

> Do you not even know who your class works?

Also what does it matter if you triggered the copy and retal? Because even if I downed you, all you have to do is wait for me to get downed 1 seconds later due to MASSIV Condi spike. Amd then guess What?! You rally off my death.

Again

You dont see me crying about Condi spammers

Why you crying over warriors FC?

Is shield 5 OP for you too? Because that Insta downs people too.

> @ParanoidKami.2867 said:

> Berserker Stance lasts 10 seconds and is on a 50 second cooldown. Once it's over just use a boon strip on any other resistance he has and kill him. Boon strip works on the latest boon applied so just do it when Berserker is over.

Found the guy who doesn't play SB!!!!

(more access to resistance now with SB)

> @"Omar Aschi Popp.7496" said:

> > @Crinn.7864 said:

> > > @Omar Aschi Popp.7496 said:

> > > I dunno maybe I suck, but even when I trip FC and transfer Condi, I still have 7 Condi on me at max stacks.

> > > I l2p.

> >

> > FC _copies_ conditions. It does not transfer them.

> >

> > Do you not even know who your class works?

>

> I play core in preference to SB.

> Sorry but spellbreaker is not a "class"

>

> And yet you still fail to tell me how SB the spec is OP and not the player you are up against.

>

> FC copied Condi? Great. Next time don't cobdibombi me and trigger a retaliatory skill.

Quaggan reads your post as "don't do anything and let Quaggan win, because if you do something Quaggan will pop Full Counter, which is on 6s CD".

> @Razor.6392 said:

>

> > @NeedCoffee.1402 said:

> > Why do you people pretend bunker druid and bunker guard or bunker ele weren't just as resilient? Maybe not the same way, but they were. 1v1 you couldn't burn down a bunker druid. they would just heal and laugh.

> > Oh maybe that's a skill argument..... lol.

>

> Neither of those had any, and I mean ANY killing power. How can you raise up an argument like this, trying to sound smart, calling people skill-less when you fail to discern the most basic of differences between both cases?

>

> When I trace a parallel between the arguments I see people bring up in here, and the players I get in actual pvp matches, things start to make a lot of sense.

Oh, im sorry, I thought the title of this thread was "Spellbreaker has 32 seconds of resistance in a 1v3, never even pops healing signet"

not Spellbreaker has killing power.

If you want to talk about killing power lets talk about mesmer and how they are literally laughing their kitten off with all this nerf spellbreaker hysteria.

Reaching very high levels of denial from Spellbreakers in this thread.

*- "Bring boon removal sigils, you freaking noob." Alone, they are not worth, unless you're playing Break Enchantments SB, or Curses Scourge. Boon rip sigils only are good when they've failed to remove anything vital because they've just cleared some trash boons for an clean sweep for your main boon rip abilities. Few classes are designed to completely rip their foes of boons, it leaves 75% of the available builds completely left out of even participating when you add a "rip all boons to proceed" check into PvP. Again, if ArenaNet will convert all extra Spellbreaker resistance into strong condi removal abilities, there won't be a need for this dumb boon removal check. What it boils down to is that to outnumber & kill a SB vs. SB duel before your team dies outnumbered, you must be a Scourge. #fun diversity.

*- Straight up denial: "The Spellbreaker probably STOLE resistance from a mystery 4th player before the scene in the video, and stole resistance again during." Mental gymnastics at it's finest, how do warriors reliably "steal" resistance and what resistance is there to steal from Eles/Engineers who both have none in their entire skill kits. Spellbreakers don't run strength either. With most people ITT who are acting like Spellbreaker players are simply easily countered, but just facing noobs who can't press buttons - they're not even fully understanding what Spellbreaker does, ie: thinking they must be stealing resistance to get 30 seconds, ie: all they have for resistance is Berserker stance, ie: thinks that Revenge Counter is a transfer.

Posting in a truly ignorant and sad thread where people can't see that a "remove all boons" check in PvP is not permissible unless you want to empower all Condi builds with power creeped boon rip to match (pls no)

The only thing ArenaNet can do that will remove this check and allow SB to function is to convert revenge counter and featherfoot grace into proper condition removal.

Let's face it, currently SB is asking for nerf. It makes lower tier play super easy and it dominates higher tier play with 2 spellbreaker capping/contesting sides in most AT. Its resistance uptime allowed it to survive on glass ammy against most condi specs which just so happen to be orienting to 1v1. Normally that wouldn't be an issue as we seen similar berserker build in season 5-6, but this becomes a problem when you have a skill that allows SB to gain extra advantage in outnumbered situation. Effectively allowing a SB to survive against +1 and kill in both 1v1 and 1vX. Currently the only meta build capable of disrupting that resistance uptime is scourge, which is a teamfighter that needs support. A good SB can abuse this easily by rotating away from scourge with GS. And that's basically what you see in most higher tier matches.

Ahh what's the point...we already have several top players telling people SB is overtuned and some delusional warrior main will still say its weak. Personally I think a FC CD increase or resistance reduction on different skills/traits would bring it more in line.