I think I've opened about 1k Trick or Treat bags

As another anecdote to random luck:

I have opened over 100,000 bags during Halloween. Probably over 150,000. I have gotten a couple dozen Oontz's amulets, 6 endless batwing, 8 Touch of Madness, a dozen each of zuzu and devil dog, 4 Charlies, a few each of Gift of Spiders/Moon/Souls, numerous exo weapons. Didn't get the phospho infusion but I got 2 of those this past spring opening bags I bought off TP.

You know what I didn't get? Gustav. Somehow amidst all those bags/drops, that little kitten eluded me.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this year, o opened around 700 Personalized Trick-or-Treat Bags

3,250 today (250 Personalized Trick-or-Treat Bags): got nothing, NOTHING.

last weekend i opened around 8k Trick-or-Treat Bags and 250 Personalized Trick-or-Treat Bags, got 1 hellfire mini, 2 weapon skin (onus and nightwing), 1 karka helm

week before i opened around 9k Trick-or-Treat Bags, got 1 devil dog mini, 2 grim pact, 1 ouns.

so....... yeah, no Touch of Madness, no infusion, no gifts, not even necklace......

this should a fun event, but its not.

> I mean it takes like a half hour to get 100 with all that set up. Maybe I opened more kitten. I honestly don't know. I don't actually save my bags like that. I open them when I have a lot of bonus magic find. <

And the funny thing about that is that magic find does not affect opening the trick or treat bags...

Considering one player can get almost a full stack in an hour of lab running, those numbers aren't impressive at all. Can you imagine if you were expected to get a unique skin for every 2 hours you run lab? There's always like 8 different instances with 25 players each. Do the math.

Yes, the chances are like 0.01% for a skin. It's like that for ToT bags and Wintersday gifts.

While Guild Wars 2 offers mainly just grinding, it doesn't want to reward you for the time you spent grinding. This is an atrocious failure that apologists will pull massive levels of double think to try to justify. The reality is that 1,000 bags should give you all the unlocks. Players should be playing this game to have fun and get some cool rewards, not to grind bags to throw on the auction house. That is a failure of game design.

"I don't believe someone who can't figure out how to maximize the amount of bags per hour (or at least google reddit threads on the topic) is capable of making $200/hr". Ah yes, the "no true scotsman" argument.

There are MANY people who make $200/hour or over who suck at maximizing the efficiency of their time. Just as there are many people making less than $20/hour who are amazing at maximizing the efficiency of their time.

> @TheDevice.2751 said:

> One thousand trick or treat bags. I've tried to keep at least 300% magic find sometimes I get near +500%

>

> After opening all those bags.. I got jailbroken and two ghoul amulets... thats it. After days and days and days and hours of grinding stupid bags lol. Man... what is the actual point kitten

1000 That's not a lot, u did rly well.