Is there any hope?

Thaaddy.4075

For scourge to be viable dps class?

I just finished my ascended vipers gear as well as collected all ls3 trinkets which I also made vipers. But now i am doubtful as it seems that necro will be turned to pure support spec and will have no dps builds available. At least not viable.

I really love my necro and I would prefer staying on it for high tier fractals as well as raids.

Well it is viable, just that the damage are below average for a dps spot.

Ideally, anet will make sure traits are important when it come to support or dps so that when you trait for full dps, you'll hopefully be able to reach 34k dps while when you trait for support you will not expect more than 30k dps (which is with core dps trait and scourge in full support traits).

A 34k condi dps scourge would not be transcending but at least it would be competitive. As for a support scourge, with the tools they have, they are just not cut for PvE so it's not even a concern.

All Anet needs to do is give us DPS that's workable to let us come along for a DPS spot, and support that's workable for a support slot (meaning: a damage buff for the party).

It's not much. If they do give that to us, we'll be okay. If they don't, it's back to being unusable and instant kick. For good reason.

So yeah, there's hope. They don't need to fix much. Of course, the PVP QQ will likely mean the opposite, so we'll continue playing easier classes (like weaver or firebrand) for much higher DPS instead.

Think it all comes down to how valuable ANET thinks the our support is. For PvP and WvW, seems pretty strong with indestructible shades and the boon to condi conversion, but yeah, PvE, not so much.

I don’t think we’ll get anything in line with a party wide damage buff though, or anything of the sort. That has to be something worked into the core necromancer.