Spellbreaker Build questions

shifftie.9601

Howdy,

So i have recently been rotating between my guard and warrior for wvw (Guard is my main PvE) and was wondering if it was possible to maybe get a bow for those ranged issues i come across when roaming and if anyone has tried this? Im currently running the Meta (Yep sorry) so using a GS and H but want an option for ranged. So thoughts and suggestions very welcome.

Be kind =P

Tbh, I don't think there are great options due to the often lack lustre nature of our ranged options (except in certain roles/situations) and SB being capped at one adrenaline stage bursts.

If you're taking about roaming in wvw, then I'd suggest just equipping a sword or dagger and moving to your target. If you mean just rolling around in pve, it depends on how far you'll be from your targets. If far, go rifle. If medium to close, I'd go bow. Bows better for tagging/multi target too, and can work for both power and condi setups.

If we are taking about wvw, I think packing either ranged weapon will cost you more than you gain.

> @shifftie.9601 said:

> Howdy,

>

> So i have recently been rotating between my guard and warrior for wvw (Guard is my main PvE) and was wondering if it was possible to maybe get a bow for those ranged issues i come across when roaming and if anyone has tried this? Im currently running the Meta (Yep sorry) so using a GS and H but want an option for ranged. So thoughts and suggestions very welcome.

>

> Be kind =P

Range for warrior is bad bad bad specially if you want to roam as a SB because you are caped with level 1 bursts. There is nothing worst than a SB with bow or rifle because those weapons make you slower; and roaming its all about speed and mobility.

I don't think it's in the theme, because Full Counter brings most of its value with the riposte, which hits under 300 range. Basically, you'd mostly have to stay melee with your ranged weapons. This is not an impossible thing of course (especially with the rifle), but pure melee weapons seem to offer more.

Also, I agree with Choppy and Hitman, the limitation of level 1 bursts has definitely hurt the bow and rifle. I love(d) to play GS/Bow on a core power warrior - perma adrenal health + berserker's power + good usage of cleansing ire - but this does not work at all with Spellbreaker (at least my attempts were miserable).