Looking for help with Deadeye PvE Build

TheUndefined.1720

I'm trying out a build and kind of torn on how to gear it. I know it's best to go full power or full condi, but I'm using both types of skills.

So first and foremost, I'm not a leet player. This is not a metabuild. I don't raid / fractal / pvp. The only thing I want to do with this build is have fun in story missions / dungeons / open world pve.

I don't have any armor / runes / etc set up b/c that's what I need help with - here's an overview of the weapons / skills I'm using: [LINK](http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAoYUl8MhinYvTwxJw+EL0EmWAYCFB4DmLznpXYINMEA "LINK")

My rotation is:

Mark > spam daggers 3 if multiple targets OR spam double pistol 3 if single target > 5 malice > roll back > weap swap > kneel on rifle > spam rifle 4 > roll for initiative > spam rifle 4 > weap swap > rinse repeat

Honestly... it's so fun lol. I know I'm losing a lot of crit without critical strikes and instead taking trickery, but it's SO fun just to go spam crazy and not worry about managing anything.

The problem: Death's blossom is great b/c of AoE and the bleed, but death's judgement is fun for those big hits while the mobs are bleeding out. However, one's mainly for condi and the other power - so how do I gear my character? Should I split it up? Should I not worry about buffing the bleed and just focus power? Should I throw out death's judgement and use a different skill and go full condi? XD

I want to keep the rifle, but I want a good AoE weap. So far, the daggers have been the better go to for me.

Thanks so much for any input!

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQFAUnkFD9OhFOBOGDsPhFaCj/XWMjmehh0QZQLAMhmNA-j1BFQBlY/hLqE8Qq/oQlfA4CAoOdAC4BAAA-w This is my build for pve.

Easy to use power build, lots of cleanse, lots of initiative gain, lots of HP, decent healing, permanent 20 stacks of might (outside 600 units or melee distance) and permanent fury. With permafury, the Sniper's Cover bonus boosts your crit rate up to 90%.

It's also pretty braindead to use. Run at long distance target > spam mark till it pops > Spam stolen skills for might > Sniper's Cover > Spotter's shot > Death's Judgement > Auto until dead for any non-vet and they will die quickly. Vets take a few DJs to down but you can pop off 4-5 for the entire CD of Mark.

> @TheUndefined.1720 said:

> Nice! That looks really fun! I'll switch my skills around and see how it plays. I'd still prefer to keep my daggers for AoE, b/c I don't really see how to aoe PvE mob groups with your build. Are you just AoEing with the mark?

>

> Thanks :D

There is no need for AoE really since most mobs die after one rotation, even if its just one at a time, but it's fast. Though, if you want more AoE take shortbow and spam 2.

> @Zacchary.6183 said:

> Make sure you stay at maximum range at least and slowly make your way forward as things die. This will require a twitch finger on rifle 5.

Yeah, I ran into the crystal desert and tried to take on forge groups. They're just too many and they run in too fast. I still took them out and didn't drop, but it was a real struggle. I switched back to daggers to jump into the fight and try to roll back to pop off on the rifle. Hrm, dunno if I'm skilled enough for this lol. Still, I'd rather mess around with this and have a build that makes the rifle useful than just forcing it into a rotation. XD

> @Zacchary.6183 said:

> http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQFAUnkFD9OhFOBOGDsPhFaCj/XWMjmehh0QZQLAMhmNA-j1BFQBlY/hLqE8Qq/oQlfA4CAoOdAC4BAAA-w This is my build for pve.

> Easy to use power build, lots of cleanse, lots of initiative gain, lots of HP, decent healing, permanent 20 stacks of might (outside 600 units or melee distance) and permanent fury. With permafury, the Sniper's Cover bonus boosts your crit rate up to 90%.

>

> It's also pretty braindead to use. Run at long distance target > spam mark till it pops > Spam stolen skills for might > Sniper's Cover > Spotter's shot > Death's Judgement > Auto until dead for any non-vet and they will die quickly. Vets take a few DJs to down but you can pop off 4-5 for the entire CD of Mark.

Huh, this is a bit different from other rifle builds I've personally been messing with, but I gave it a shot and I rather like it. I know I'm not the OP, but thanks for sharing.

> I'm trying out a build and kind of torn on how to gear it. I know it's best to go full power or full condi, but I'm using both types of skills.

>

> So first and foremost, I'm not a leet player. This is not a metabuild. I don't raid / fractal / pvp. The only thing I want to do with this build is have fun in story missions / dungeons / open world pve.

>

> I don't have any armor / runes / etc set up b/c that's what I need help with - here's an overview of the weapons / skills I'm using: [LINK](http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAoYUl8MhinYvTwxJw+EL0EmWAYCFB4DmLznpXYINMEA "LINK")

Huh, that skill setup is pretty similar to what I'm running.

You could try something like a perma-quickness and boon-duration build... Like this:

[Teh Biuld!](http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAoYUn0MBFPhNGDOOBUGjFwCzLAEBaAbho1Svh/M2GvjA-jhSBQBZUZGlUrgf7P8tJIA4UAcQVVwj+AP8EAwiSjIoEEA-e)

This is more of a bruiser build, really. You're just supposed to proc Perfectionist as much as possible by rapidly gathering Malice through Stealth attacks. Might is not a problem with this build. You won't be hitting HUGE numbers, as if you had gone all out Zerkers with Scholars, but your DPS will be higher when you're running Solo thanks to the high Quickness uptime. If you aren't in the thick of it, just swap out Invigorating Precision for No Quarter in the Critical Strikes tree. As a bonus, you have every boon you could ever need thanks to Perfectionist. . . Unless you are fighting weaker enemies that die before you can fill your Malice.

Rotations... The gist of it is really just to spam haste, mark and Stealth.

For Rifle...

* Mark > Kneel > TRB > Shadow Meld > DJ > Auto-attack till you can DJ again.

For D/D & S/D

* Mark > CnD > Backstab > Shadow-Meld > Backstab > Auto-attack and wait for Perfectionist to proc, when it does: > Mercy > Mark > CnD > Backstab > Auto-attack Cycle x2 > CnD > Backstab > Improvise.

Swap out Mercy with Roll for Initiative if you need mobility.

... You will notice when Quickness runs out though, as this build kind of banks on having it.

> I'm trying out a build and kind of torn on how to gear it. I know it's best to go full power or full condi, but I'm using both types of skills.

>

> So first and foremost, I'm not a leet player. This is not a metabuild. I don't raid / fractal / pvp. The only thing I want to do with this build is have fun in story missions / dungeons / open world pve.

>

> I don't have any armor / runes / etc set up b/c that's what I need help with - here's an overview of the weapons / skills I'm using: [LINK](http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAoYUl8MhinYvTwxJw+EL0EmWAYCFB4DmLznpXYINMEA "LINK")

Huh, that skill setup is pretty similar to what I'm running.

You could try something like a perma-quickness and boon-duration build... Like this:

[Teh Biuld!](http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAoYUn0MBFPhNGDOOBUGjFwCzLAEBaAbho1Svh/M2GvjA-jhSBQBZUZGlUrgf7P8tJIA4UAcQVVwj+AP8EAwiSjIoEEA-e)

This is more of a bruiser build, really. You're just supposed to proc Perfectionist as much as possible by rapidly gathering Malice through Stealth attacks. Might is not a problem with this build. You won't be hitting HUGE numbers, as if you had gone all out Zerkers with Scholars, but your DPS will be higher when you're running Solo thanks to the high Quickness uptime. If you aren't in the thick of it, just swap out Invigorating Precision for No Quarter in the Critical Strikes tree. As a bonus, you have every boon you could ever need thanks to Perfectionist. . . Unless you are fighting weaker enemies that die before you can fill your Malice.

Rotations... The gist of it is really just to spam haste, mark and Stealth.

For Rifle...

* Mark > Kneel > TRB > Shadow Meld > DJ > Auto-attack till you can DJ again.

For D/D & S/D

* Mark > CnD > Backstab > Shadow-Meld > Backstab > Auto-attack and wait for Perfectionist to proc, when it does: > Mercy > Mark > CnD > Backstab > Auto-attack Cycle x2 > CnD > Backstab > Improvise.

Swap out Mercy with Roll for Initiative if you need mobility.

... You will notice when Quickness runs out though, as this build kind of banks on having it.

> I'm thinking I know where I'm having problems. Basically things are taking too long to die. It usually takes me 3-4 DJs to take down a normal mob. I'm wearing mostly berserkers with a couple carrion exotics. I'm using the exotic rifle, berserker.

>

> I guess I'm just not outputting enough damage?

That means you're not crit-ing or your Ferocity is too low.

One of the build I posted here is [this](http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQRAqa4an0MB1Oh9OBeOBUGjlvCzLAMBeA8px5YecbE1W+NA-jVCBQBaU53lUV5kKBDwJAYDHBAFqWxe0Psk9HAwDBgUAjtMC-w "this") -- this one has a high survivability and deals a lot of critical damage.

My other Thief has [this build](http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAU4an0MBlNhtNB2NBUGjFeCT7M9DCA8vyaZvkrEkBGBA-jVCBQBnUJ4e0NcJVVgwDAQhqVshjAgGV+BgLCA62fgUAjtMC-w "this build"), which I mostly use in WvW -- I call it the Blinker since you will be blinking in and out of stealth.