I hate what DPS meters have done to PVE endgame...

Jarvis.9540

> @Abakk.9176 said:

> > @"Pink Porcupine.5461" said:

> > I wonder what would happen if we made random teams of pro-meter and anti-meter people in this thread.

>

> The anti-meter people will come out either winning or losing from the computer and only care for the fun they had together.

>

> The pro-meter players will either come out cursing eachother (as they always do) because due to player error a full second was wasted and lost to eternity OR they are still at the entrance kicking everybody after scanning for optimal build or profession.

>

>

Nice unsubstantiated generalizations m80

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"vesica tempestas.1563" said:

> > @Feanor.2358 said:

> > > @Spurnshadow.3678 said:

> > > > @Pyroatheist.9031 said:

> > > > > @Spurnshadow.3678 said:

> > > > > What difference does it make if you kill a boss in 7 minutes or 8 minutes?

> > > >

> > > > The game might not care if I finish fractal dailies in 20 minutes or 2 hours, but I sure do.

> > >

> > > So do I. That's my point as well as the point of many others. Congrats on going to a hyperbolic extreme there, too. Cause taking an extra 1 minute per boss because one person isn't doing 30K dps in fractals is exactly the same as wiping over and over again. Exaclty the same. That's sarcasm if you can't tell.

> >

> > Except not really. The lower the dps, the longer the fight, the more mechanics you need to manage and the greater the chance somebody makes a mistake. Which lowers your damage output even further and can often wipe your group. It's not just faster with a good group, it's also much safer and smoother.

>

> So what happens if someone does not want to play glass cannon? Because that's what meta is, glass cannon or go home. you see for you its all about the number/efficiency/meter wars, but in in the spirit of Guild wars many people want to enjoy playing the class the way they want it and if its viable then the rest is noise (unless ofc the group advertising specifically for speed runners etc). The fast is efficient is only relevant to those that want speed, and wearing glass cannon is patently unsafe unless you buy into the ball up on the boss and roll your face over the keyboard/spell rota, which is about as fun for some as it sounds - especially for new players who want to experience their class.

Then those people are free to make their own groups with an lfg note of "full nomads, play at your own pace". Nobody is going to stop you, it just might take a while to fill the group. The key is that playing in that fashion is abnormal, so it's the burden of those players to make groups that fit their own playstyle. They can't join normal groups and get angry that people don't appreciate their lack of dps.

Theres a simple solution to this : those who want meters or speed ruins or meta advertise as such in their group advertisement then people know what they want. Whats wrong is people joining such advertised groups and ignoring the rules specified to join the group. Worse ofc is the other side of the coin where some self important anti-social player with am 'im a busy pro' attitude joins a pug group with no such advertisement and generates drama because they want the run to go just the way they want it.

> @Pyroatheist.9031 said:

> > @"vesica tempestas.1563" said:

> > > @Feanor.2358 said:

> > > > @Spurnshadow.3678 said:

> > > > > @Pyroatheist.9031 said:

> > > > > > @Spurnshadow.3678 said:

> > > > > > What difference does it make if you kill a boss in 7 minutes or 8 minutes?

> > > > >

> > > > > The game might not care if I finish fractal dailies in 20 minutes or 2 hours, but I sure do.

> > > >

> > > > So do I. That's my point as well as the point of many others. Congrats on going to a hyperbolic extreme there, too. Cause taking an extra 1 minute per boss because one person isn't doing 30K dps in fractals is exactly the same as wiping over and over again. Exaclty the same. That's sarcasm if you can't tell.

> > >

> > > Except not really. The lower the dps, the longer the fight, the more mechanics you need to manage and the greater the chance somebody makes a mistake. Which lowers your damage output even further and can often wipe your group. It's not just faster with a good group, it's also much safer and smoother.

> >

> > So what happens if someone does not want to play glass cannon? Because that's what meta is, glass cannon or go home. you see for you its all about the number/efficiency/meter wars, but in in the spirit of Guild wars many people want to enjoy playing the class the way they want it and if its viable then the rest is noise (unless ofc the group advertising specifically for speed runners etc). The fast is efficient is only relevant to those that want speed, and wearing glass cannon is patently unsafe unless you buy into the ball up on the boss and roll your face over the keyboard/spell rota, which is about as fun for some as it sounds - especially for new players who want to experience their class.

>

> Then those people are free to make their own groups with an lfg note of "full nomads, play at your own pace". Nobody is going to stop you, it just might take a while to fill the group.

And vice versa eh without the passive aggressive elitist 'nomad' ofc. No LFg note can be inferred as all welcome, its assumed you are a group player and can handle an open pug without drama.

> @Syktek.7912 said:

> > I wonder what would happen if we made random teams of pro-meter and anti-meter people in this thread.

>

> Those of us in defense would be outnumbered, though we're like a skill group so the opposition won't last long!

The trick is to kill just one of the meter team, 2 seconds later they will all be screaming at each other 'reset reset, /gg /gg' (its more efficient)

> @Abakk.9176 said:

>

> The anti-meter people will come out either winning or losing from the computer and only care for the fun they had together.

>

> The pro-meter players will either come out cursing eachother (as they always do) because due to player error a full second was wasted and lost to eternity OR they are still at the entrance kicking everybody after scanning for optimal build or profession.

>

>

Nah man, the pro meter people often have fun and get things done on time. You know why? Because we're not stuck on content for an hour trying to figure out who is screwing us over. We're not frustrated cause we're organized and know what we're doing. We know who the weakest link is in our group and work around it (Cause not everyone is 100/100, not even in speed clear groups). We laughed off our wipes, chatted the entire time, usually a downright good time.

> > @Pyroatheist.9031 said:

> > > @"vesica tempestas.1563" said:

> > > > @Feanor.2358 said:

> > > > > @Spurnshadow.3678 said:

> > > > > > @Pyroatheist.9031 said:

> > > > > > > @Spurnshadow.3678 said:

> > > > > > > What difference does it make if you kill a boss in 7 minutes or 8 minutes?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > The game might not care if I finish fractal dailies in 20 minutes or 2 hours, but I sure do.

> > > > >

> > > > > So do I. That's my point as well as the point of many others. Congrats on going to a hyperbolic extreme there, too. Cause taking an extra 1 minute per boss because one person isn't doing 30K dps in fractals is exactly the same as wiping over and over again. Exaclty the same. That's sarcasm if you can't tell.

> > > >

> > > > Except not really. The lower the dps, the longer the fight, the more mechanics you need to manage and the greater the chance somebody makes a mistake. Which lowers your damage output even further and can often wipe your group. It's not just faster with a good group, it's also much safer and smoother.

> > >

> > > So what happens if someone does not want to play glass cannon? Because that's what meta is, glass cannon or go home. you see for you its all about the number/efficiency/meter wars, but in in the spirit of Guild wars many people want to enjoy playing the class the way they want it and if its viable then the rest is noise (unless ofc the group advertising specifically for speed runners etc). The fast is efficient is only relevant to those that want speed, and wearing glass cannon is patently unsafe unless you buy into the ball up on the boss and roll your face over the keyboard/spell rota, which is about as fun for some as it sounds - especially for new players who want to experience their class.

> >

> > Then those people are free to make their own groups with an lfg note of "full nomads, play at your own pace". Nobody is going to stop you, it just might take a while to fill the group.

>

> And vice versa eh without the passive aggressive elitist 'nomad' ofc. No LFg note can be inferred as all welcome, its assumed you are a group player and can handle an open pug without drama.

No LFG note defaults to a normal playstyle. For T4 fractals, a normal playstyle is high dps oriented group composition, with some minor exceptions like minstrel tempest in some CM runs. Running drastically lower dps builds is abnormal and necessitates a unique lfg note, not the other way around.

> @Fermi.2409 said:

> > @Abakk.9176 said:

> > > @"Pink Porcupine.5461" said:

> > > I wonder what would happen if we made random teams of pro-meter and anti-meter people in this thread.

> >

> > The anti-meter people will come out either winning or losing from the computer and only care for the fun they had together.

> >

> > The pro-meter players will either come out cursing eachother (as they always do) because due to player error a full second was wasted and lost to eternity OR they are still at the entrance kicking everybody after scanning for optimal build or profession.

> >

> >

>

> Nice unsubstantiated generalizations m80

You call it that and i'll call it the sum of my experiences over the years.

The ridiculous assumptions made here are annoying, people want you to have an effective build , good gear, being average at your rotation, that is all and it's enough, these 3 things alone will make you outperform 90% of the players, it's as simple as being average and training a bit, no, people won't kick you for messing up a bit of your rotation, no they won't gear check you as that's an old thing only done by players overcompensating and above all, all content is easily done deathless with any build if you have a average meta team, sure you might want to go full soldiers but that is simply a waste of time as the tank stats are unnecessary to an organized group, stop with the ridiculous strawman and thinking every group is as strict as a speedrun record attempt, what i see the most when i join those "exp 96 79 83 food pots" is utter trash players struggling along despite all their perceived strictness, you might think those are elitists but the truth is they're just as misguided as the "fun" players here, a truly good group will have a good composition, set roles and a job everyone does well, all these things aligned make most content trivial and make it a relaxed and enjoyable experience with a lot of room to grow as a player and to improve yourself be it perfecting your rotation, learning tricks and skips or simply getting more experience, in the end those players running around in silly stat combos and builds just dislike being told their build and gear choice is objectively bad and all their dps and support mixing is not only unnecessary but borderline useless, so they lash out, and repeat the same things they always do, they do this without training, without practicing, without doing some of the best content released yet and without trying to accept that the players that plan out and succeed at raids and cm's etc are having as much if not more fun than they are, not to mention the huge sense of achievement i personally get from completing things i couldn't before, the enrage timers are very forgiving, 10 well geared players with meta builds and average skill and knowledge can do every boss easily given time and opportunity, and yes they will have fun and try to do more, unlike the bitter, jaded players here who refuse to partake in the new content out of hatred, fear and objective truths against them.

OK, regarding consent, this would elevate toxicity not create more, and here's why. BTW, this is how it works in other games and this one. If you want to run a fractal, or raid, you do an lfg asking for LI, kill proof, potions, experience, etc. This would seperate groups who demand you have "brand name" dps meter. It would allow like minded peopel to find eachother rather than have some toxic, obnoxious person(s) call you a noob cause you're not doing max dps while their dead on the ground. No issues.

> > > @Pyroatheist.9031 said:

> > > > @"vesica tempestas.1563" said:

> > > > > @Feanor.2358 said:

> > > > > > @Spurnshadow.3678 said:

> > > > > > > @Pyroatheist.9031 said:

> > > > > > > > @Spurnshadow.3678 said:

> > > > > > > > What difference does it make if you kill a boss in 7 minutes or 8 minutes?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > The game might not care if I finish fractal dailies in 20 minutes or 2 hours, but I sure do.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > So do I. That's my point as well as the point of many others. Congrats on going to a hyperbolic extreme there, too. Cause taking an extra 1 minute per boss because one person isn't doing 30K dps in fractals is exactly the same as wiping over and over again. Exaclty the same. That's sarcasm if you can't tell.

> > > > >

> > > > > Except not really. The lower the dps, the longer the fight, the more mechanics you need to manage and the greater the chance somebody makes a mistake. Which lowers your damage output even further and can often wipe your group. It's not just faster with a good group, it's also much safer and smoother.

> > > >

> > > > So what happens if someone does not want to play glass cannon? Because that's what meta is, glass cannon or go home. you see for you its all about the number/efficiency/meter wars, but in in the spirit of Guild wars many people want to enjoy playing the class the way they want it and if its viable then the rest is noise (unless ofc the group advertising specifically for speed runners etc). The fast is efficient is only relevant to those that want speed, and wearing glass cannon is patently unsafe unless you buy into the ball up on the boss and roll your face over the keyboard/spell rota, which is about as fun for some as it sounds - especially for new players who want to experience their class.

> > >

> > > Then those people are free to make their own groups with an lfg note of "full nomads, play at your own pace". Nobody is going to stop you, it just might take a while to fill the group.

> >

> > And vice versa eh without the passive aggressive elitist 'nomad' ofc. No LFg note can be inferred as all welcome, its assumed you are a group player and can handle an open pug without drama.

>

> No LFG note defaults to a normal playstyle. For T4 fractals, a normal playstyle is high dps oriented group composition, with some minor exceptions like minstrel tempest in some CM runs. Running drastically lower dps builds is abnormal and necessitates a unique lfg note, not the other way around.

rofl is it now indeed, well actually that's what you think it should be in your head, the reality is that groups are very very diverse, but someone people cant handle that.

> > > > > @"vesica tempestas.1563" said:

> > > > > > @Feanor.2358 said:

> > > > > > > > @Pyroatheist.9031 said:

> > > > > > > > > @Spurnshadow.3678 said:

> > > > > > > > > What difference does it make if you kill a boss in 7 minutes or 8 minutes?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > The game might not care if I finish fractal dailies in 20 minutes or 2 hours, but I sure do.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > So do I. That's my point as well as the point of many others. Congrats on going to a hyperbolic extreme there, too. Cause taking an extra 1 minute per boss because one person isn't doing 30K dps in fractals is exactly the same as wiping over and over again. Exaclty the same. That's sarcasm if you can't tell.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Except not really. The lower the dps, the longer the fight, the more mechanics you need to manage and the greater the chance somebody makes a mistake. Which lowers your damage output even further and can often wipe your group. It's not just faster with a good group, it's also much safer and smoother.

> > > > >

> > > > > So what happens if someone does not want to play glass cannon? Because that's what meta is, glass cannon or go home. you see for you its all about the number/efficiency/meter wars, but in in the spirit of Guild wars many people want to enjoy playing the class the way they want it and if its viable then the rest is noise (unless ofc the group advertising specifically for speed runners etc). The fast is efficient is only relevant to those that want speed, and wearing glass cannon is patently unsafe unless you buy into the ball up on the boss and roll your face over the keyboard/spell rota, which is about as fun for some as it sounds - especially for new players who want to experience their class.

> > > >

> > > > Then those people are free to make their own groups with an lfg note of "full nomads, play at your own pace". Nobody is going to stop you, it just might take a while to fill the group.

> > >

> > > And vice versa eh without the passive aggressive elitist 'nomad' ofc. No LFg note can be inferred as all welcome, its assumed you are a group player and can handle an open pug without drama.

> >

> > No LFG note defaults to a normal playstyle. For T4 fractals, a normal playstyle is high dps oriented group composition, with some minor exceptions like minstrel tempest in some CM runs. Running drastically lower dps builds is abnormal and necessitates a unique lfg note, not the other way around.

>

> rofl is it now indeed, well actually that's what you think it should be in your head, the reality is that groups are very very diverse, but someone people cant handle that. You confuse viable for optimal.

> > > > > > @"vesica tempestas.1563" said:

> > > > > > > @Feanor.2358 said:

> > > > > > > > > @Pyroatheist.9031 said:

> > > > > > > > > > @Spurnshadow.3678 said:

> > > > > > > > > > What difference does it make if you kill a boss in 7 minutes or 8 minutes?

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > The game might not care if I finish fractal dailies in 20 minutes or 2 hours, but I sure do.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > So do I. That's my point as well as the point of many others. Congrats on going to a hyperbolic extreme there, too. Cause taking an extra 1 minute per boss because one person isn't doing 30K dps in fractals is exactly the same as wiping over and over again. Exaclty the same. That's sarcasm if you can't tell.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Except not really. The lower the dps, the longer the fight, the more mechanics you need to manage and the greater the chance somebody makes a mistake. Which lowers your damage output even further and can often wipe your group. It's not just faster with a good group, it's also much safer and smoother.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > So what happens if someone does not want to play glass cannon? Because that's what meta is, glass cannon or go home. you see for you its all about the number/efficiency/meter wars, but in in the spirit of Guild wars many people want to enjoy playing the class the way they want it and if its viable then the rest is noise (unless ofc the group advertising specifically for speed runners etc). The fast is efficient is only relevant to those that want speed, and wearing glass cannon is patently unsafe unless you buy into the ball up on the boss and roll your face over the keyboard/spell rota, which is about as fun for some as it sounds - especially for new players who want to experience their class.

> > > > >

> > > > > Then those people are free to make their own groups with an lfg note of "full nomads, play at your own pace". Nobody is going to stop you, it just might take a while to fill the group.

> > > >

> > > > And vice versa eh without the passive aggressive elitist 'nomad' ofc. No LFg note can be inferred as all welcome, its assumed you are a group player and can handle an open pug without drama.

> > >

> > > No LFG note defaults to a normal playstyle. For T4 fractals, a normal playstyle is high dps oriented group composition, with some minor exceptions like minstrel tempest in some CM runs. Running drastically lower dps builds is abnormal and necessitates a unique lfg note, not the other way around.

> >

> > rofl is it now indeed, well actually that's what you think it should be in your head, the reality is that groups are very very diverse, but someone people cant handle that. You confuse viable for optimal. As for requiring notes to tell you a group is sub optimal - get over yourself.

>

>

Let me make an analogy regarding the whole, dps meters don't make people jerks, people are jerks alread.

While I agree with that statement, having a dps meter gives the assholes access to another way to make people miserable. It's like guns. You can say, guns don't kill people, people kill people. This is absolutely true. But I think the vast statictics over the decades prove that having easy access to guns increases gun violence. Same thing here. Having easy access to everyones dps is a tool that enables the assholeness in someone come out.

> > > > > @"vesica tempestas.1563" said:

> > > > > > @Feanor.2358 said:

> > > > > > > > @Pyroatheist.9031 said:

> > > > > > > > > @Spurnshadow.3678 said:

> > > > > > > > > What difference does it make if you kill a boss in 7 minutes or 8 minutes?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > The game might not care if I finish fractal dailies in 20 minutes or 2 hours, but I sure do.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > So do I. That's my point as well as the point of many others. Congrats on going to a hyperbolic extreme there, too. Cause taking an extra 1 minute per boss because one person isn't doing 30K dps in fractals is exactly the same as wiping over and over again. Exaclty the same. That's sarcasm if you can't tell.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Except not really. The lower the dps, the longer the fight, the more mechanics you need to manage and the greater the chance somebody makes a mistake. Which lowers your damage output even further and can often wipe your group. It's not just faster with a good group, it's also much safer and smoother.

> > > > >

> > > > > So what happens if someone does not want to play glass cannon? Because that's what meta is, glass cannon or go home. you see for you its all about the number/efficiency/meter wars, but in in the spirit of Guild wars many people want to enjoy playing the class the way they want it and if its viable then the rest is noise (unless ofc the group advertising specifically for speed runners etc). The fast is efficient is only relevant to those that want speed, and wearing glass cannon is patently unsafe unless you buy into the ball up on the boss and roll your face over the keyboard/spell rota, which is about as fun for some as it sounds - especially for new players who want to experience their class.

> > > >

> > > > Then those people are free to make their own groups with an lfg note of "full nomads, play at your own pace". Nobody is going to stop you, it just might take a while to fill the group.

> > >

> > > And vice versa eh without the passive aggressive elitist 'nomad' ofc. No LFg note can be inferred as all welcome, its assumed you are a group player and can handle an open pug without drama.

> >

> > No LFG note defaults to a normal playstyle. For T4 fractals, a normal playstyle is high dps oriented group composition, with some minor exceptions like minstrel tempest in some CM runs. Running drastically lower dps builds is abnormal and necessitates a unique lfg note, not the other way around.

>

> rofl is it now indeed, well actually that's what you think it should be in your head, the reality is that groups are very very diverse, but someone people cant handle that.

I've done many t4 fractals with DPS meters. Very rarely does someone drastically underperform. The norm for T4 fractals is as I said: high dps focused comp. The very fact that those few people who try to join normal groups with awful builds that get kicked are complaining here simply corroborates that statement.

>

> Firstly security isn't an issue. Just because some random people that say they're "IT" claim that it's a vulnerability doesn't mean that it's the truth. Chris Cleary checks off on them, and that's good enough for me. There's no love lost between me and the gw2 dev team, but security has always been something that they perform exceptionally with.

>

Right, this is why we still have flyhackers to this day. 5 years.

> > > > > > @"vesica tempestas.1563" said:

> > > > > > > @Feanor.2358 said:

> > > > > > > > > @Pyroatheist.9031 said:

> > > > > > > > > > @Spurnshadow.3678 said:

> > > > > > > > > > What difference does it make if you kill a boss in 7 minutes or 8 minutes?

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > The game might not care if I finish fractal dailies in 20 minutes or 2 hours, but I sure do.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > So do I. That's my point as well as the point of many others. Congrats on going to a hyperbolic extreme there, too. Cause taking an extra 1 minute per boss because one person isn't doing 30K dps in fractals is exactly the same as wiping over and over again. Exaclty the same. That's sarcasm if you can't tell.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Except not really. The lower the dps, the longer the fight, the more mechanics you need to manage and the greater the chance somebody makes a mistake. Which lowers your damage output even further and can often wipe your group. It's not just faster with a good group, it's also much safer and smoother.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > So what happens if someone does not want to play glass cannon? Because that's what meta is, glass cannon or go home. you see for you its all about the number/efficiency/meter wars, but in in the spirit of Guild wars many people want to enjoy playing the class the way they want it and if its viable then the rest is noise (unless ofc the group advertising specifically for speed runners etc). The fast is efficient is only relevant to those that want speed, and wearing glass cannon is patently unsafe unless you buy into the ball up on the boss and roll your face over the keyboard/spell rota, which is about as fun for some as it sounds - especially for new players who want to experience their class.

> > > > >

> > > > > Then those people are free to make their own groups with an lfg note of "full nomads, play at your own pace". Nobody is going to stop you, it just might take a while to fill the group.

> > > >

> > > > And vice versa eh without the passive aggressive elitist 'nomad' ofc. No LFg note can be inferred as all welcome, its assumed you are a group player and can handle an open pug without drama.

> > >

> > > No LFG note defaults to a normal playstyle. For T4 fractals, a normal playstyle is high dps oriented group composition, with some minor exceptions like minstrel tempest in some CM runs. Running drastically lower dps builds is abnormal and necessitates a unique lfg note, not the other way around.

> >

> > rofl is it now indeed, well actually that's what you think it should be in your head, the reality is that groups are very very diverse, but someone people cant handle that.

>

> I've done many t4 fractals with DPS meters. Very rarely does someone drastically underperform. The norm for T4 fractals is as I said: high dps focused comp. The very fact that those few people who try to join normal groups with awful builds that get kicked are complaining here simply corroborates that statement.

And yet many many players who don't raid don't user meta glass cannon builds and haven't done for years considering all the buffs we have had. Makes you wonder what the drama is really about doesn't it.

The vast majority of GW2 players dont raid

the vast majority of GW2 players don't use damage meters

The vast majority of players don't use meta builds

The vast majority of players happily farm fractals every day,

The need for Meta by raiders outwith raids has nothing to do with viability and everything to do with their mindset.

> The vast majority of GW2 players dont raid

> the vast majority of GW2 players don't use damage meters

> The vast majority of players don't use meta builds

>

> The vast majority of players happily farm fractals every day,

>

> The need for Meta by raiders outwith raids has nothing to do with viability and everything to do with their mindset.

I think you may have missed what the point of this thread was. It's not titled "DPS meters are toxic for open world events". It's explicitly about PvE endgame, the exact place where DPS meters are appropriate. Nobody is saying that people should be persnickety in t2 fractals or in your daily arah run. We're talking about t4 fractals and raids. That's it.

> > The vast majority of GW2 players dont raid

> > the vast majority of GW2 players don't use damage meters

> > The vast majority of players don't use meta builds

> >

> > The vast majority of players happily farm fractals every day,

> >

> > The need for Meta by raiders outwith raids has nothing to do with viability and everything to do with their mindset.

>

> I think you may have missed what the point of this thread was. It's not titled "DPS meters are toxic for open world events". It's explicitly about PvE endgame, the exact place where DPS meters are appropriate. Nobody is saying that people should be persnickety in t2 fractals or in your daily arah run. We're talking about t4 fractals and raids. That's it.

>

Brb, installing arcdps (Oh right, I don't use DPS meters myself, but here I am defending them) and screaming at people for not dealing enough on SCAR Lane. lol

> > The vast majority of GW2 players dont raid

> > the vast majority of GW2 players don't use damage meters

> > The vast majority of players don't use meta builds

> >

> > The vast majority of players happily farm fractals every day,

> >

> > The need for Meta by raiders outwith raids has nothing to do with viability and everything to do with their mindset.

>

> I think you may have missed what the point of this thread was. It's not titled "DPS meters are toxic for open world events". It's explicitly about PvE endgame, the exact place where DPS meters are appropriate. Nobody is saying that people should be persnickety in t2 fractals or in your daily arah run. We're talking about t4 fractals and raids. That's it.

>

Maybe ive gotten lucky, but i have yet to run into somebody being an asshole about DPS in T4 fractals, or maybe im just....doing more damage than i think i am and thus havent been bothered by them. I have yet to try level 100 CM, but i also dont think im ready for that either.

Strawman argument. I was talking about PVE instanced end game, dungeons, boss fights, fractals - eveything appart from raids in fact. The vast majority of players happily farm fractals including T4 and have been doing so for many years quite happily. As i said the need for Meta by raiders outwith raids has nothing to do with viability and everything to do with their mindset, because the fact is the vast majority prove otherwise.

> @Dante.1763 said:

> > > The vast majority of GW2 players dont raid

> > > the vast majority of GW2 players don't use damage meters

> > > The vast majority of players don't use meta builds

> > >

> > > The vast majority of players happily farm fractals every day,

> > >

> > > The need for Meta by raiders outwith raids has nothing to do with viability and everything to do with their mindset.

> >

> > I think you may have missed what the point of this thread was. It's not titled "DPS meters are toxic for open world events". It's explicitly about PvE endgame, the exact place where DPS meters are appropriate. Nobody is saying that people should be persnickety in t2 fractals or in your daily arah run. We're talking about t4 fractals and raids. That's it.

> >

> or maybe im just....doing more damage than i think i am and thus havent been bothered by them.

This is likely the case. The anti-dps meter crowd makes it seem like people will have a hairy conniption if you're 5% under qt benchmarks. In reality, people are only gonna flip at you if you're dealing less damage than the chrono. As long as you're producing any reasonable dps, nobody is going to raise a fuss.

> Strawman argument. I was talking about PVE instanced end game, dungeons, boss fights, fractals - eveything appart from raids in fact. The vast majority of players happily farm fractals including T4 and have been doing so for many years quite happily. As i said the need for Meta by raiders outwith raids has nothing to do with viability and everything to do with their mindset, because the fact is the vast majority prove otherwise.

And let them. No one is telling them not to play together. They're simply not going to get into certainly groups with certain people who wish to play efficiently with other efficient players. And sure, you try running Matt, Deimos, Sab without a chrono, heather and with mediocre players. Have fun, lol.