Where is the heavy support PVE?? Hello?

lagrimabendita.8763

Scourge was already equal to the task of Support, they just needed to Remove Druid from the Equation.

Grace of the Land and moving its unique enhancement to be a standardized might gain instead

This trait has been too dominant even after earlier reductions and is providing too much bonus damage to a group from a specialization that is otherwise focused around healing and support. Coupled with changes to the warrior's Phalanx Strength and the deadeye's Fire for Effect traits, we'd like to see more professions that are capable of providing significant amounts of might in group settings.

Coupled with a Double to the only DMG skill Scourge has Desert Shroud, we will have to see if Scourge now has enough Dmg to justify its spot in Raids as a Support, vs the Damage that other support classes bring. Druid still has Spirits, Scourge still has Vamp Aura, Now instead of 2 Druids in a 10 man for coverage, they can now run 1 SoulBeast and 1 Scourge. Keep the buffs from Spirits, replace the healing from Druid with scourge. Scourge should be able to provide additional DPS over Druid, as a pure healer.

> @Swiftwynd.1685 said:

> Then you dont get how to play support scourge. I melted in joy reading the patch notes.

Huh...I say the dmg buffs and stuff...but what support buffs? Don't tell me you mean the barrier changes...that extra second does hard any difference.

> @Eltiana.9420 said:

> I'd say the biggest buff heavy support Scourge got was the fact that other heavy support classes got nerfed.

Literally this.

That additional second is actually very substantial for chaining barrier to maintain it. With full Alacrity up time it is now even easier to maintain full barrier on your subgroup and quite a bit on the whole squad.

The targeting fixes are gigantic as well. Especially for fights with a lot of adds or a lot of condis.

When sloth fears, for example, are are the single profession in the game is able to remove it across the whole squad. No other build in the game can do this. F2 + F3 are instant and will remove the fear, and also any constant small condis from the slublings.

F4 Transfusion is still 5 target, but has one of the best heal per seconds in 5he game, while also reviving 5 allies and letting us reposition them. (Good against fractal avengers too btw, or in n any boss with deadly field mechanics like sloths poison or mathias's fire phase, or xeras red orb phase/half platform aoe.)

For the security of completing a fight in a group of actual normal raiders, it allows for people to make mistakes, for you to fix them, and to get those people back into the fight faster than literally any other build in existence.

> @Swiftwynd.1685 said:

> That additional second is actually very substantial for chaining barrier to maintain it. With full Alacrity up time it is now even easier to maintain full barrier on your subgroup and quite a bit on the whole squad.

>

> The targeting fixes are gigantic as well. Especially for fights with a lot of adds or a lot of condis.

>

> When sloth fears, for example, are are the single profession in the game is able to remove it across the whole squad. No other build in the game can do this. F2 + F3 are instant and will remove the fear, and also any constant small condis from the slublings.

>

> F4 Transfusion is still 5 target, but has one of the best heal per seconds in 5he game, while also reviving 5 allies and letting us reposition them. (Good against fractal avengers too btw, or in n any boss with deadly field mechanics like sloths poison or mathias's fire phase, or xeras red orb phase/half platform aoe.)

>

> For the security of completing a fight in a group of actual normal raiders, it allows for people to make mistakes, for you to fix them, and to get those people back into the fight faster than literally any other build in existence.

I agree. It is much better than before but sorry I can see Heavy support arena net said. There are another classes can do better heavy support than us.

Barrier. That is your Heavy Support. No one else gets Barrier. We have simply not been counting its Value as much as ArenaNet believes.

If you play WvW, you will know the shift to power dmg from Condi Dmg. it is because Barrier. If people maintain Barrier then how many stacks of Burn / Torment does you have to get onto them before they actually Start to take Red Dmg.... Its quite a lot and with all the condi clear the few condi ticks you get usually just go on your barrier.

I mean I hate to say it but the solution to the Condi Cancer created by Reaper, is Scourge & Barrier. You got to Power Spike them through the yellow numbers to get into their soft squishy inner parts.

> @Swiftwynd.1685 said:

> That additional second is actually very substantial for chaining barrier to maintain it. With full Alacrity up time it is now even easier to maintain full barrier on your subgroup and quite a bit on the whole squad.

I usually disagree with you (and your discord seems to have done so as well, last time I checked you never had healer positions in the signups, only druid ones, showing what people thought about Scourge in your own discord), but you have a good point with this post. If you stagger the barrier applications, the additional second goes a long way to maintain it if you have healing power. I don't think maintaining full barrier will be a thing in real fights, but a good chunk of barrier can likely be maintained. Add transfusion, and it's a fine healer package. Full Magi even assures you keep tons of life force around.

I don't think it's good enough for normal raiders, who didn't need it, and still won't, but with the changes, very inexperienced/complete newbie groups probably benefit from a scourge in the lineup.

We changed the setup of our static raid group from 2 chronos, 2 druids, 2 ps to 2 chronos, 1 druid, 1 ps, 1supportscourge, making space for one more dd. Everything went really smooth, no problems with might or heal on both subgroups and a damageincrease for the raid as a whole (without gotl of course)