The changes to Reaper are nice but I don't feel it

Sun Lian.4075

It's nice to see Anet finally gave it a go to make Reaper more Power oriented if you wanted to play it that way, so thank you Anet.

Sadly, after some testing it still seems like nothing can beat spamming Gravedigger using the trait Close to Death, to me this kind of defeats the whole "purpose" of all these changes..

It still hardly even matters whether you use Soul Reaping for Dhuumfire, Blood Magic for reduced well cooldowns or Death Magic for a bit more power, the greatest difference between all these is maybe 3k damage, and that's too bad because I was hoping for some actual variety.

Even more so if you realize how easy "meta" builds on other classes fall apart when you only switch a few traits, this is something necro has always been missing: Bigger difference between traits.

Also, I'd like to mention one thing that really destroyed Power necro, which is the removal of Vitality > Ferocity from Furious Maintenance Oils. This was so good on necro with Valkyrie gears because of the high vitality necros already have, it was better than full Berserker. And lets face it, they were still really bad with Power back then.

So what I'm saying is, I even did a bit more damage with the same build back then, so this doesn't justify as a real buff to me, it's more like you nerfed it (by other means) and then brought it somewhat back to where they used to be. And other classes didn't feel this Utility change in particular like necros did.

Honestly they made shroud feel clunkier with how fast it goes out. The lack of greatsword changes pretty much means we just have a higher burst shroud that's unsustainable over a fight. I wouldn't say it's quite nerfed, but rather, it just feels like it was at least balanced before and now it's kind of janky and feels weird. It's hard to put my finger on it but it doesn't feel like it's "amazing" or "power reaper is back". It's kind of like they did an idea without really fixing the rest of it.