Can someone recommend a scourge build

Natakuu.8594

Scourge is a Support class, so its got little value outside of PvP/WvW and Maybe Raids. But whats killing it in raids is the lack of Raw DPS and its difficulty to sustain Life force without mob deaths to fuel it. Thats actually a big problem when its biggest damage skills are all connected to the shroud, which is fueled by life force.

Ironically, the PvP/WvW damage oriented builds are your best option for open world, as raw DPS is heavy favored by PvE in general, and the lost sustain from Shroud form needs to be replaced by traits and skills. Just swap defense gear for damage oriented gear (like Vipers or Grievers), or find one of the experimental Fractal builds to base your build off of.

> @starlinvf.1358 said:

> Scourge is a Support class, so its got little value outside of PvP/WvW and Maybe Raids. But whats killing it in raids is the lack of Raw DPS and its difficulty to sustain Life force without mob deaths to fuel it. Thats actually a big problem when its biggest damage skills are all connected to the shroud, which is fueled by life force.

>

> Ironically, the PvP/WvW damage oriented builds are your best option for open world, as raw DPS is heavy favored by PvE in general, and the lost sustain from Shroud form needs to be replaced by traits and skills. Just swap defense gear for damage oriented gear (like Vipers or Grievers), or find one of the experimental Fractal builds to base your build off of.

GW2 doesn't have the trinity of Support, Tank and DPS. All characters can successfully do all three. That said, yes, Scourge has a lot to offer as support but it doesn't need to be played that way. I main scourge and I put out heavy damage in pve. As for the OP check out metabattle.com you can find all sorts of builds there!

> @Eldrevy.9147 said:

> > @starlinvf.1358 said:

> > Scourge is a Support class, so its got little value outside of PvP/WvW and Maybe Raids. But whats killing it in raids is the lack of Raw DPS and its difficulty to sustain Life force without mob deaths to fuel it. Thats actually a big problem when its biggest damage skills are all connected to the shroud, which is fueled by life force.

> >

> > Ironically, the PvP/WvW damage oriented builds are your best option for open world, as raw DPS is heavy favored by PvE in general, and the lost sustain from Shroud form needs to be replaced by traits and skills. Just swap defense gear for damage oriented gear (like Vipers or Grievers), or find one of the experimental Fractal builds to base your build off of.

>

> GW2 doesn't have the trinity of Support, Tank and DPS. All characters can successfully do all three. That said, yes, Scourge has a lot to offer as support but it doesn't need to be played that way. I main scourge and I put out heavy damage in pve. As for the OP check out metabattle.com you can find all sorts of builds there!

Chornotank, Condi PS, and the top 5 DPS builds on qTfy would suggest otherwise. It might not be hard trinity, but the bias toward certain roles is very apparent.

> @Wizler.8192 said:

> https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Scourge_-_Condi_DPS

>

> Not sure why this got retired.

> https://qtfy.eu/guildwars/necromancer/condi-scourge/

>

Actually https://qtfy.eu/guildwars/builds/ nothing listed for necro anymore since the fix to sand shades.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/10634/game-update-notes-october-17-2017

Manifest Sand Shade: Fixed a bug that allowed strikes from this skill to hit from multiple sand shades on the same target.

Some players saw it as a huge "nerf", when in reality it wasn't working as intended. You could drop 3 sand shades on top of a single target with all 3 shades being able to damage the target, causing massive damage. It does seem to have caused scourge DPS to drop significantly. I found myself placing only 1 sand shade at a time since the bug fix, so I switched the scourge trait to Sand Savant because 3 shades at a time seems kinda pointless.

For PvE I use this (pretty much always open world) and it's fun: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRMQNArfWnM0Al9iN9Cu1As3glgBLaAEAiASngUQ6S/u2XDsA-jxh0wAo0HAV5HgnAAO1fMrEM2+DBOFAAA-e

For scourge spec, you could swap Sand Savant for Demonic Lore for a little extra condi damage (burning) even if you find yourself only ever placing 1 sand shade at a time.

Usually I use staff for group events as a loot stick (4 out of 5 skills are AOE), and it came in real handy in Mad King's Lab for those doors that spit out lots of monsters at a time. You could switch your secondary weapon to whatever instead of staff and do well with it.

P.S. Don't listen to anybody who says "condi sucks major in open world PvE". My condi scourge can melt things at least as fast as my ranger soulbeast who is decked out in full ascended marauder's gear (my scourge has ascended trinkets and back, but weapons and armor are exotic for the time being).