question about cursed bullet

MUDse.7623

Probably a logical bug, or intended.

Think of it like this. A projectile attack is made. When it is in the air, it takes a snapshot of your character's current state. If you lose a power buff after you fire the projectile, the projectile still has that power buff. So in this case, you're still seen to be in stealth. When it hits, it makes a call back to the system to tell the system to apply reveal to you for attacking while in stealth.

> @"Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497" said:

> Probably a logical bug, or intended.

>

> Think of it like this. A projectile attack is made. When it is in the air, it takes a snapshot of your character's current state. If you lose a power buff after you fire the projectile, the projectile still has that power buff. So in this case, you're still seen to be in stealth. When it hits, it makes a call back to the system to tell the system to apply reveal to you for attacking while in stealth.

By this logic, then shooting a projectile and gaining stealth before the projectile hits should not apply reveal. Although it currently does.

> @Turk.5460 said:

> > @"Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497" said:

> > Probably a logical bug, or intended.

> >

> > Think of it like this. A projectile attack is made. When it is in the air, it takes a snapshot of your character's current state. If you lose a power buff after you fire the projectile, the projectile still has that power buff. So in this case, you're still seen to be in stealth. When it hits, it makes a call back to the system to tell the system to apply reveal to you for attacking while in stealth.

>

> By this logic, then shooting a projectile and gaining stealth before the projectile hits should not apply reveal. Although it currently does.

All I said was it was a logical bug or intended and provided an example of what may cause it. I did not say "this is what is happening."

This has existed ever since.

If you throw a Bouncing Dagger to target, go in stealth, when it bounces and deal damage, you get revealed.

If you shoot using Choking Gas, go in stealth, when it hit the ground and deal damage, you get revealed.

This is not going to change anytime soon and most of us just learned to live with it.

> @"Sir Vincent III.1286" said:

> This has existed ever since.

>

> If you throw a Bouncing Dagger to target, go in stealth, when it bounces and deal damage, you get revealed.

> If you shoot using Choking Gas, go in stealth, when it hit the ground and deal damage, you get revealed.

>

> This is not going to change anytime soon and most of us just learned to live with it.

no i am talking about cursed bullet the stealth attack, hitting the target after your stealth runs out.

now i checked on sneak attack and suprise shot and its the same thing. musst be some stealth attack thing that is not in any tooltip.

other projectiles dont behave like this you can easily check that with clusterbomb wich is also slow.

normaly it also should work to use backstab in the last frame of stealth and hit after stealth to not get reveal but my timing is not good enough to test that i think.

problem with cursed bullet is: it is soo slow you end up being forced visible for alot longer if you use it rather at the end of stealth, unless ofc you waste your DE elite to restealth faster.

> @MUDse.7623 said:

> > @"Sir Vincent III.1286" said:

> > This has existed ever since.

> >

> > If you throw a Bouncing Dagger to target, go in stealth, when it bounces and deal damage, you get revealed.

> > If you shoot using Choking Gas, go in stealth, when it hit the ground and deal damage, you get revealed.

> >

> > This is not going to change anytime soon and most of us just learned to live with it.

>

> no i am talking about cursed bullet the stealth attack, hitting the target after your stealth runs out.

>

> now i checked on sneak attack and suprise shot and its the same thing. musst be some stealth attack thing that is not in any tooltip.

> other projectiles dont behave like this you can easily chack that with clusterbomb wich is also slow.

>

> normaly it also should work to use backstab in the last frame of stealth and hit after stealth to not get reveal but my timing is not good enough to test that i think.

>

> problem with cursed bullet is: it is soo slow you end up being forced visible for alot longer if you use it rather at the end of stealth, unless ofc you waste your DE elite to restealth faster.

I know that they made Backstab revealed you regardless if you're in stealth or not, but I'm not aware that they have applied this to every stealth attacks. I'll test this out myself.