Loosing Stats

Sephylon.4938

I want to start a discussion about the trait Awaken the Pain. Now in the patch notes, the description of the skill is: "This trait grants 5 might for 5 seconds when entering shroud and causes might on you to grant 40 power **and** 20 condition damage per stack at level 80". The way I interpreted this, is that might now gives more power and slightly more condition damage. In the actual game, however, the description is as follows: "Might grants you more power and less condition damage. Gain might when entering shroud". This could have been an oversight on their part, that's fine. My umbrage is this: to my knowledge, this is the only trait that reduces one of your stats to improve the other. Why is that? Why does necro have a trait that reduces one of their stats to improve the other? Would it have been so bad if the trait functioned like all the other traits that gave stat bonuses while under the effects of certain boons? Vicious Quarry, No Quarter, Deep Strikes, Inspiring Presence, Retribution to name a few from other core classes. What repercussions in pvp/wvw would it have had if this trait didn't reduce your condition damage and just boosted your power? Were there technical limitations that required the reduction of condition damage to get the bonus to power? I just don't understand why this trait does this instead of being like a stat conversion trait like Power Overwhelming or Target the Weak.

I would like to hear your thoughts on this trait and on the fact that necros, to my knowledge, are the only class that have a trait that reduces their stats, under certain conditions, to boost another.

It does give 40 power and 20 condi per might stack. It doesn't lower your base condi damage. You are not the only one confused by the wording. If you are testing it in the golem area and notice a drop in condi damage when you have might stacks, yes, that is the point. It's not 40 more than you usually get and 20 more it's literally changing the amount of stats you get from each stack of might to 40 and 20 respectively.

I still find it confusing as to why the trait would work that way though. If the intention of the trait was to give a bonus to power while under the effects of might, why does it have to come at the cost of might's bonus to condition damage? Would making it function like the other traits that gave a flat bonus to a stat while under the effects of a certain boon have a negative effect I'm not seeing?

Should really be 40/30 or 40/40 boost per might stack...... Not 40/20.

> @Sephylon.4938 said:

>Would making it function like the other traits that gave a flat bonus to a stat while under the effects of a certain boon have a negative effect I'm not seeing?

Downside is an increase amount of QQing on the forum from non necro players.

> @leasm.1279 said:

> It's clear the devs won't, under any circumstance, boost necro dps without removing something. They said it already and are keeping their word on it.

>

> So now they are finding ways to trade, such as dps vs defense and, in the case above, power vs condi.

I'd be fine with that if all classes got the same treatment.

>Downside is an increase amount of QQing on the forum from non necro players.

lol

> @leasm.1279 said:

> It's clear the devs won't, under any circumstance, boost necro dps without removing something. They said it already and are keeping their word on it.

>

> So now they are finding ways to trade, such as dps vs defense and, in the case above, power vs condi.

I still love the fact that Necro is the only profession they're doing this for.

And by "love" I mean in the same way I love sticking my hand in a running blender.

> @"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:

> > @leasm.1279 said:

> > It's clear the devs won't, under any circumstance, boost necro dps without removing something. They said it already and are keeping their word on it.

> >

> > So now they are finding ways to trade, such as dps vs defense and, in the case above, power vs condi.

>

> I still love the fact that Necro is the only profession they're doing this for.

>

> And by "love" I mean in the same way I love sticking my hand in a running blender.

That make you a true necro... Just the right amount of masochism.