"Saved Edit" Poll

> @Ardid.7203 said:

> > @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> > Keep it. I've had a few times where I accidentally hit the back button. It's not in the way (except people who mention on mobile which I can't check on as I have no mobile device).

> > I say remove on mobile but leave it completely the way it is on the PC. It's not an issue.

>

> It appears in the way in my desktop computer.

Have to agree it appears right in front of where I am typing most of the time. Now in reality I think its coded to auto-centered so it depends where you have your fill-in frame , in my case that's also typically centered. Again as Gaile said the save feature will still be there, just not the auto-save so that still cuts down on extra steps to manually save that people might have been doing.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know I like it and I hate it, but i hate the message the most, it gets in my way if was like top corner i think it would be fine to leave. Anyway to leave it and just remove the message or maybe leave the option to manually save when we feel a need to save? Maybe a possible account preference option to let us choose which we prefer via a check box manual or auto?

It's handy to have a saved draft for the windy writers like myself lmao. For short replies it's pretty pointless.

> @Ardid.7203 said:

> > @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> > Keep it. I've had a few times where I accidentally hit the back button. It's not in the way (except people who mention on mobile which I can't check on as I have no mobile device).

> > I say remove on mobile but leave it completely the way it is on the PC. It's not an issue.

>

> It appears in the way in my desktop computer.

> @TheGrimm.5624 said:

> > @Ardid.7203 said:

> > > @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> > > Keep it. I've had a few times where I accidentally hit the back button. It's not in the way (except people who mention on mobile which I can't check on as I have no mobile device).

> > > I say remove on mobile but leave it completely the way it is on the PC. It's not an issue.

> >

> > It appears in the way in my desktop computer.

>

> Have to agree it appears right in front of where I am typing most of the time. Now in reality I think its coded to auto-centered so it depends where you have your fill-in frame , in my case that's also typically centered. Again as Gaile said the save feature will still be there, just not the auto-save so that still cuts down on extra steps to manually save that people might have been doing.

It's not doing it for me and I'm waiting for the draft to save to show it not going to distract my typing in any way.

![](https://i.imgur.com/Dqpeamy.png "")

It's always usually at the top of wherever I'm typing and never right where I'm typing itself.

• ArenaNet Staff

An update on the "Saved Draft" irrita... feature. :)

We will be disabling the automatic save function this week. (Our web programmer is away today, but I have sent an e-mail to get it on his backlog.)

You still will be able to -- and in fact are highly encouraged to -- manually save your drafts by clicking, "Save Draft" below the text frame. You can find your saved drafts by visiting your Account Options section (the gear to the right of your Display Name at the top of the page) and finding the "My Drafts" section. If you wish to delete a draft, click the "X" in the upper right corner of that draft's frame. I go through my drafts on a regular basis and delete all of them. If I do not, I find that occasionally, when I visit a thread, I have an incomplete draft at the bottom of the thread, a sort of moribund post that I never made. If you ever open a thread and, when going to start a comment, note that there is content already in the text frame, that's what caused it: An automatically saved draft. With the removal of the auto-save feature, you should see fewer of these bec ause once we have disabled the auto-save feature, you will only have manually saved drafts. However, you still may want to occasionally review and delete old drafts from your folder.

> @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> An update on the "Saved Draft" irrita... feature. :)

>

> We will be disabling the automatic save function this week. (Our web programmer is away today, but I have sent an e-mail to get it on his backlog.)

>

> You still will be able to -- and in fact are highly encouraged to -- manually save your drafts by clicking, "Save Draft" below the text frame. You can find your saved drafts by visiting your Account Options section (the gear to the right of your Display Name at the top of the page) and finding the "My Drafts" section. If you wish to delete a draft, click the "X" in the upper right corner of that draft's frame. I go through my drafts on a regular basis and delete all of them. If I do not, I find that occasionally, when I visit a thread, I have an incomplete draft at the bottom of the thread, a sort of moribund post that I never made. If you ever open a thread and, when going to start a comment, note that there is content already in the text frame, that's what caused it: An automatically saved draft. With the removal of the auto-save feature, you should see fewer of these bec ause once we have disabled the auto-save feature, you will only have manually saved drafts. However, you still may want to occasionally review and delete old drafts from your folder.

YEEEEESSSSS! No more annoying pop-ups! :D