Signets and strength

BrokenGlass.9356

Body blow has little to no synergy with the Strength line... and it does with Arms. It also seems pretty weak as a second tier trait.

Signet Mastery has little to no synergy with the Arms line.... And it does with Strength. It also seems strong as a first tier trait.

Swap those two traits?

Repairs the identity of both lines, and allows for more build diversity, by freeing up one or the other lines to be replaced with discipline or tactics or something.

Thoughts?

> @BrokenGlass.9356 said:

> Body blow has little to no synergy with the Strength line... and it does with Arms. It also seems pretty weak as a second tier trait.

>

> Signet Mastery has little to no synergy with the Arms line.... And it does with Strength. It also seems strong as a first tier trait.

>

> Swap those two traits?

>

> Repairs the identity of both lines, and allows for more build diversity, by freeing up one or the other lines to be replaced with discipline or tactics or something.

>

> Thoughts?

>

Its whacky but its like that for various reasons. another reason is that with adrenaline gain on hit abilities, strength lines doesn't have any...arms like does so it offers an alternative to discipline line. power builds need adrenaline on hit helpers generally and if they added one into strength then people would have too much cause they'd use discipline and strength then.....just problems all over.

> @Choppy.4183 said:

> While many of my builds would benefit by your proposal and I wouldn't be sad to see it implemented, Body Blow does have synergy with the Strength line ever since they put the hammer trait there.

>

> It works for both condi and power builds, core and SB.

Strikes me that they'd need to split the hammer trait, confusion on interrupt in arms. And hammer CD reduction and damage in strength.

Easiest way I see to do this, is swap the 'confusion on interrupt' part of the hammer strength trait, with the tier 2 'bonus crit on disabled foes' trait.

That coupled with my aforementioned changes would mostly solidify the lines.

It just seems schizophrenic... For a condi build I wand traits from berserker, strength, arms, and tactics. For a power build I want berserker/spellbreaker, strength, arms, and discipline.

It seems like if we solve the issue of strength and arms conflicting, the builds start to be much easier to find.... And better.

I mean... Can I please get that new physical trait, signet mastery, and axe mastery all at once please?

> > @Choppy.4183 said:

> > While many of my builds would benefit by your proposal and I wouldn't be sad to see it implemented, Body Blow does have synergy with the Strength line ever since they put the hammer trait there.

> >

> > It works for both condi and power builds, core and SB.

>

> Strikes me that they'd need to split the hammer trait, confusion on interrupt in arms. And hammer CD reduction and damage in strength.

>

> Easiest way I see to do this, is swap the 'confusion on interrupt' part of the hammer strength trait, with the tier 2 'bonus crit on disabled foes' trait.

>

> That coupled with my aforementioned changes would mostly solidify the lines.

>

> It just seems schizophrenic... For a condi build I wand traits from berserker, strength, arms, and tactics. For a power build I want berserker/spellbreaker, strength, arms, and discipline.

>

> It seems like if we solve the issue of strength and arms conflicting, the builds start to be much easier to find.... And better.

>

> I mean... Can I please get that new physical trait, signet mastery, and axe mastery all at once please?

But they *just* combined them to move the Axe trait and to make room for Might Makes Right.

I also don't think I could personally put together as good of a build with the confusion on interrupt in Arms as I could with it (combined with hammer benefits), Body Blow, and Peak Performance in the same traitline. Combine that with No Escape, Dispelling Force, Loss Aversion, Attacker's Insight, and Enchantment Collapse from SB and you have a seriously dangerous build just from the two traitlines. You could also play that as condi or power, and you could play it tanky or damage oriented too.

Splitting some of it into Arms would see it not used.

That said, I don't use any of those builds personally, and like I said, I would actually benefit from your proposal. But I do like to see the door open for interesting alternative builds.

I really thought Signet Mastery was better with precision instead of ferocity stacking. Precision benefits both power and Condi builds for warrior. Same with Sword mastery. Precision let both of those traits work for either power or Condi builds, and it let arms be a flexible option to add to other specialization builds, whether power or Condi.

As Mike said upthread, what they did to arms made it a mess.

> @Opopanax.1803 said:

> I really thought Signet Mastery was better with precision instead of ferocity stacking. Precision benefits both power and Condi builds for warrior. Same with Sword mastery. Precision let both of those traits work for either power or Condi builds, and it let arms be a flexible option to add to other specialization builds, whether power or Condi.

>

> As Mike said upthread, what they did to arms made it a mess.

I've made some suggestions how to fix it previously. Arms should be the 2nd core traitline for power DPS. Need to add damage modifiers to the vulnerability and bleeding traits. And add ferocity to all traits that give condition damage.

> @Mikeskies.1536 said:

> > @Opopanax.1803 said:

> > I really thought Signet Mastery was better with precision instead of ferocity stacking. Precision benefits both power and Condi builds for warrior. Same with Sword mastery. Precision let both of those traits work for either power or Condi builds, and it let arms be a flexible option to add to other specialization builds, whether power or Condi.

> >

> > As Mike said upthread, what they did to arms made it a mess.

>

> I've made some suggestions how to fix it previously. Arms should be the 2nd core traitline for power DPS. Need to add damage modifiers to the vulnerability and bleeding traits. And add ferocity to all traits that give condition damage.

Solid suggestion....

Only problem, you can't use both discipline and strength with arms outside of core.

My original aim was to specialize arms as the 'condi core warr' line. And make strength the power damage line, considering the new physical trait they just added.

> > @Mikeskies.1536 said:

> > > @Opopanax.1803 said:

> > > I really thought Signet Mastery was better with precision instead of ferocity stacking. Precision benefits both power and Condi builds for warrior. Same with Sword mastery. Precision let both of those traits work for either power or Condi builds, and it let arms be a flexible option to add to other specialization builds, whether power or Condi.

> > >

> > > As Mike said upthread, what they did to arms made it a mess.

> >

> > I've made some suggestions how to fix it previously. Arms should be the 2nd core traitline for power DPS. Need to add damage modifiers to the vulnerability and bleeding traits. And add ferocity to all traits that give condition damage.

>

> Solid suggestion....

>

> Only problem, you can't use both discipline and strength with arms outside of core.

>

> My original aim was to specialize arms as the 'condi core warr' line. And make strength the power damage line, considering the new physical trait they just added.

I don't think Discipline is needed for PvE.

Would love to see them:

.Swap signets to Strength

.Move Physicals to Arms

.Add mending to Physical skill category

.Make physicals inflict Condi's on use/hit, mending -> break stun?, bulls charge -> vulnerality, stomp -> confusion, bolas -> bleeding, kick -> torment and break stun, juggernaut -> condi duration and dmg reduction.