Question about Scourge and Manifest Sand Shade

Eldrevy.9147

So you know how you can summon up to 3 sand shades? Well do the additional sand shades add more damage when using desert shroud? Like if I were to summon 3 sand shades right on top of the enemy and activate f5(desert shroud) which does 1680 damage, will it essentially do 3k damage or is it still just the 1k?

> @Eldrevy.9147 said:

> So the extra shades are just for reaching more enemies?

>

Wrong thinking mate. Covering more ground. The more shades you have down, the harder it is for the enemy to avoid taking damage. This is the reason why Scourges are so god damn dangerous in SPvP and WvW. And usually the only real counter to them is a Deadeye.

> @Eldrevy.9147 said:

> So the extra shades are just for reaching more enemies?

>

I mean, that's not all they are for, it's just an example of why you might want more than one shade out. As they mentioned above me, more shades cover a larger area of damage. Also, each shade you have out gives 75 expertise and 75 concentration. Defensively you also take 5% less damage per shade, along with hitting more allies with the buffs from the shade skills.

• 3 months later...

> @"MachineManXX.9746" said:

> > @Eldrevy.9147 said:

> > So the extra shades are just for reaching more enemies?

> >

>

> I mean, that's not all they are for, it's just an example of why you might want more than one shade out. As they mentioned above me, more shades cover a larger area of damage. Also, each shade you have out gives 75 expertise and 75 concentration. Defensively you also take 5% less damage per shade, along with hitting more allies with the buffs from the shade skills.

Would you happen to know how these stats are effected by the build trait that makes it so you can only summon one giant shade? I'm super new to scourge and I don't really know if 3 shades vs 1 giant shade is more beneficial

only reason i can think of NOT to use it is because with 3 you can have one for ally locations, and one for enemy locations, and use abilities accordingly. but that’s still not great.

it’s especially strange that the greater sand shade doesn’t have 3x the cool down.