Remove Reward PiPs for losing

BlaqueFyre.5678

> @BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

> The Reward PiPs for losing need to be removed, they promote unhealthy gameplay, and rewards trolls and AFKers.

>

> Rewards should never be given for losing.

Rewards for losing should be only in Unraked, so people would want to 'sacrifice' thier time to do some practice, before going Ranked.

So what happens if you are the players who have a losing streak, where they get 5 losses in a row. A single match is around 12mins and the match queue is 3mins average. So that's well over a hour of wasted time playing a game were you get nothing from. It would never work. It would make the pvp population smaller than it is now.

Nearly every player I seen AFK or troll was either because they get salty for losing or someone said something to them and then they decided to sabotage the entire team. But never have I seen anyone go AFK for rewards, not once.

> @Morwath.9817 said:

> > @BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

> > The Reward PiPs for losing need to be removed, they promote unhealthy gameplay, and rewards trolls and AFKers.

> >

> > Rewards should never be given for losing.

>

> Rewards for losing should be only in Unraked, so people would want to 'sacrifice' thier time to do some practice, before going Ranked.

Just add pip rewards to unranked, and you'll never have these people playing/being toxic on Ranked ever again.

If I was on a loss streak I would do whatever it takes to ensure I win, pretty simple, there are Reward tracks that progress without PiPs and silver given without PiPs those are reward enough for losing, losses should never be rewarded with PiPs.

And Unranked shouldn’t get PiPs either since PiPs are tied to League, it should promote healthy gameplay by making people improve and to fight for their wins/rewards.

Participation award in the form of PiPs should never be given out.

> @BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

> If I was on a loss streak I would do whatever it takes to ensure I win, pretty simple, there are Reward tracks that progress without PiPs and silver given without PiPs those are reward enough for losing, losses should never be rewarded with PiPs.

>

> And Unranked shouldn’t get PiPs either since PiPs are tied to League, it should promote healthy gameplay by making people improve and to fight for their wins/rewards.

>

> Participation award in the form of PiPs should never be given out.

Then keep suffering through the people who don't care about being competitive and only want Ascended Shards of Glory.

> @Jeknar.6184 said:

> > If I was on a loss streak I would do whatever it takes to ensure I win, pretty simple, there are Reward tracks that progress without PiPs and silver given without PiPs those are reward enough for losing, losses should never be rewarded with PiPs.

> >

> > And Unranked shouldn’t get PiPs either since PiPs are tied to League, it should promote healthy gameplay by making people improve and to fight for their wins/rewards.

> >

> > Participation award in the form of PiPs should never be given out.

>

> Then keep suffering through the people who don't care about being competitive and only want Ascended Shards of Glory.

Again remove PiPs from loss and boom problem solved, it is a lot more simple than adding PiPs/rewards to unranked.

Losses should never be rewarded, remove the reward for losses and it will improve the overall health of Pvp and the overall commitment/skill of the Pvp population since something is then on the line.

Pretty simple concept.

> @BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

> > @Jeknar.6184 said:

> > > @BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

> > > If I was on a loss streak I would do whatever it takes to ensure I win, pretty simple, there are Reward tracks that progress without PiPs and silver given without PiPs those are reward enough for losing, losses should never be rewarded with PiPs.

> > >

> > > And Unranked shouldn’t get PiPs either since PiPs are tied to League, it should promote healthy gameplay by making people improve and to fight for their wins/rewards.

> > >

> > > Participation award in the form of PiPs should never be given out.

> >

> > Then keep suffering through the people who don't care about being competitive and only want Ascended Shards of Glory.

>

> Again remove PiPs from loss and boom problem solved, it is a lot more simple than adding PiPs/rewards to unranked.

>

> Losses should never be rewarded, remove the reward for losses and it will improve the overall health of Pvp and the overall commitment/skill of the Pvp population since something is then on the line.

>

> Pretty simple concept.

Then you'll have people being even more toxic to each other when they lose because they receive nothing... Quite a nice enviroment you'll have there.

> @Jeknar.6184 said:

> > > @Jeknar.6184 said:

> > > > @BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

> > > > If I was on a loss streak I would do whatever it takes to ensure I win, pretty simple, there are Reward tracks that progress without PiPs and silver given without PiPs those are reward enough for losing, losses should never be rewarded with PiPs.

> > > >

> > > > And Unranked shouldn’t get PiPs either since PiPs are tied to League, it should promote healthy gameplay by making people improve and to fight for their wins/rewards.

> > > >

> > > > Participation award in the form of PiPs should never be given out.

> > >

> > > Then keep suffering through the people who don't care about being competitive and only want Ascended Shards of Glory.

> >

> > Again remove PiPs from loss and boom problem solved, it is a lot more simple than adding PiPs/rewards to unranked.

> >

> > Losses should never be rewarded, remove the reward for losses and it will improve the overall health of Pvp and the overall commitment/skill of the Pvp population since something is then on the line.

> >

> > Pretty simple concept.

>

> Then you'll have people being even more toxic to each other when they lose because they receive nothing... Quite a nice enviroment you'll have there.

Doubtful the environment is already toxic, I doubt that would make any difference, if anything it would improve since players will attempt to improve to further their chances to win, again Rewarding Losing does nothing but foster and promoter AFKers and Throwers, which is the epitome of toxicity in this game mode.

Alternatively, instead of using punishment, encourage people to play better: add pip gains for getting closer to 500. The team that wins gets full pips, but the losing team gets more pip rewards based on how close their score was compared to the other team. 28 to 500? 3 pips like normal. 489 to 500? 7 or 8 pips.

Competition doesn't have to mean toxic and it certainly doesn't have to mean all or nothing. The best way to get people to play their best is to offer incentive.

> @Aza.2105 said:

> So what happens if you are the players who have a losing streak, where they get 5 losses in a row. A single match is around 12mins and the match queue is 3mins average. So that's well over a hour of wasted time playing a game were you get nothing from. It would never work. It would make the pvp population smaller than it is now.

>

> Nearly every player I seen AFK or troll was either because they get salty for losing or someone said something to them and then they decided to sabotage the entire team. But never have I seen anyone go AFK for rewards, not once.

>

Increase rewards for winning, it's simple.

> @BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

> > @Jeknar.6184 said:

> > > > @Jeknar.6184 said:

> > > > > @BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

> > > > > If I was on a loss streak I would do whatever it takes to ensure I win, pretty simple, there are Reward tracks that progress without PiPs and silver given without PiPs those are reward enough for losing, losses should never be rewarded with PiPs.

> > > > >

> > > > > And Unranked shouldn’t get PiPs either since PiPs are tied to League, it should promote healthy gameplay by making people improve and to fight for their wins/rewards.

> > > > >

> > > > > Participation award in the form of PiPs should never be given out.

> > > >

> > > > Then keep suffering through the people who don't care about being competitive and only want Ascended Shards of Glory.

> > >

> > > Again remove PiPs from loss and boom problem solved, it is a lot more simple than adding PiPs/rewards to unranked.

> > >

> > > Losses should never be rewarded, remove the reward for losses and it will improve the overall health of Pvp and the overall commitment/skill of the Pvp population since something is then on the line.

> > >

> > > Pretty simple concept.

> >

> > Then you'll have people being even more toxic to each other when they lose because they receive nothing... Quite a nice enviroment you'll have there.

>

> Doubtful the environment is already toxic, I doubt that would make any difference, if anything it would improve since players will attempt to improve to further their chances to win, again Rewarding Losing does nothing but foster and promoter AFKers and Throwers, which is the epitome of toxicity in this game mode.

Honestly, I've never had this much problem with AFK and throwers as much as you people claim... I've played about 200 games last season and I've only met one guy who purposefully threw (he was pissed we lost the fight at mid right at start of the match and just kept running to enemy without doing anything) and about a dozen people that were AFK for whatever reason. That's 13/200 games that were affected by the behaviour you say that need to be punished.

Removing the little compensation I gain when I lose by things that aren't solely my fault (and nor are under my control) will literally kill any last ressemblance of desire that I have of playing sPvP in this game, and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one that feel that way. What you are going to achieve by removing the rewards for losing is just make the already small population that do PvP to shrink even further.

> @Jeknar.6184 said:

> > @Morwath.9817 said:

> > > The Reward PiPs for losing need to be removed, they promote unhealthy gameplay, and rewards trolls and AFKers.

> > >

> > > Rewards should never be given for losing.

> >

> > Rewards for losing should be only in Unraked, so people would want to 'sacrifice' thier time to do some practice, before going Ranked.

>

> Just add pip rewards to unranked, and you'll never have these people playing/being toxic on Ranked ever again.

But people might trade wins in unranked! (/s)

> @Jeknar.6184 said:

> > > @Jeknar.6184 said:

> > > > @BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

> > > > > @Jeknar.6184 said:

> > > > > > @BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

> > > > > > If I was on a loss streak I would do whatever it takes to ensure I win, pretty simple, there are Reward tracks that progress without PiPs and silver given without PiPs those are reward enough for losing, losses should never be rewarded with PiPs.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > And Unranked shouldn’t get PiPs either since PiPs are tied to League, it should promote healthy gameplay by making people improve and to fight for their wins/rewards.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Participation award in the form of PiPs should never be given out.

> > > > >

> > > > > Then keep suffering through the people who don't care about being competitive and only want Ascended Shards of Glory.

> > > >

> > > > Again remove PiPs from loss and boom problem solved, it is a lot more simple than adding PiPs/rewards to unranked.

> > > >

> > > > Losses should never be rewarded, remove the reward for losses and it will improve the overall health of Pvp and the overall commitment/skill of the Pvp population since something is then on the line.

> > > >

> > > > Pretty simple concept.

> > >

> > > Then you'll have people being even more toxic to each other when they lose because they receive nothing... Quite a nice enviroment you'll have there.

> >

> > Doubtful the environment is already toxic, I doubt that would make any difference, if anything it would improve since players will attempt to improve to further their chances to win, again Rewarding Losing does nothing but foster and promoter AFKers and Throwers, which is the epitome of toxicity in this game mode.

>

> Honestly, I've never had this much problem with AFK and throwers as much as you people claim... I've played about 200 games last season and I've only met one guy who purposefully threw (he was pissed we lost the fight at mid right at start of the match and just kept running to enemy without doing anything) and about a dozen people that were AFK for whatever reason. That's 13/200 games that were affected by the behaviour you say that need to be punished.

>

> Removing the little compensation I gain when I lose by things that aren't solely my fault (and nor are under my control) will literally kill any last ressemblance of desire that I have of playing sPvP in this game, and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one that feel that way. What you are going to achieve by removing the rewards for losing is just make the already small population that do PvP to shrink even further.

Failure shouldn’t be rewarded and incentives players to get better to ensure they win more, rewarding failure is holding this game back and it would give another reason for team league Queue.

The increasing toxicity came from free rewards, not the opposite. They brought in a certain lot that never does PVP

> @Dropdown.7460 said:

> Alternatively, instead of using punishment, encourage people to play better: add pip gains for getting closer to 500. The team that wins gets full pips, but the losing team gets more pip rewards based on how close their score was compared to the other team. 28 to 500? 3 pips like normal. 489 to 500? 7 or 8 pips.

>

> Competition doesn't have to mean toxic and it certainly doesn't have to mean all or nothing. The best way to get people to play their best is to offer incentive.

No pips for less than 350 points, 3 Pips only for 350-425, 5 pips for above that +stat pips. No stat pips for less than 425 points.

There is reasonable incentive. Less than 350 will probably weed out those that do not care to improve.

> @BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

> The Reward PiPs for losing need to be removed, they promote unhealthy gameplay, and rewards trolls and AFKers.

>

I'm glad people like you aren't in charge of anything. This is a patently stupid idea for the exact reason you think it's a good idea.

Think about it for a moment: If there's no reward when you don't win, why continue playing at the first sign that the match is lost? You already have people who will give up after the first fight is lost. That will only increase dramatically. After all, why both playing an extra 5-10min if the outcome is exactly the same? Better to sit in base and lose faster so that you can try again next game. By removing any reward for making an effort in a loss, you've _increased_ toxic behavior.

> @BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

>

This is a patently stupid idea for the exact reason you think it's a good idea.

Think about it for a moment: If there's no reward when you don't win, why continue playing at the first sign that the match is lost? You already have people who will give up after the first fight is lost. That will only increase dramatically. After all, why both playing an extra 5-10min if the outcome is exactly the same? Better to sit in base and lose faster so that you can try again next game. By removing any reward for making an effort in a loss, you've _increased_ toxic behavior.

> @Exedore.6320 said:

> > The Reward PiPs for losing need to be removed, they promote unhealthy gameplay, and rewards trolls and AFKers.

> >

>

> This is a patently stupid idea for the exact reason you think it's a good idea.

>

> Think about it for a moment: If there's no reward when you don't win, why continue playing at the first sign that the match is lost? You already have people who will give up after the first fight is lost. That will only increase dramatically. After all, why both playing an extra 5-10min if the outcome is exactly the same? Better to sit in base and lose faster so that you can try again next game. By removing any reward for making an effort in a loss, you've _increased_ toxic behavior.

So you would rather reward toxicity and provide validation to those that promote it yeah because that’s smart... don’t reward toxicity, pretty simple

> @Exedore.6320 said:

> >

>

> This is a patently stupid idea for the exact reason you think it's a good idea.

>

> Think about it for a moment: If there's no reward when you don't win, why continue playing at the first sign that the match is lost? You already have people who will give up after the first fight is lost. That will only increase dramatically. After all, why both playing an extra 5-10min if the outcome is exactly the same? Better to sit in base and lose faster so that you can try again next game. By removing any reward for making an effort in a loss, you've _increased_ toxic behavior.

So to combat this, less than 200 points will result in 2 pip loss. The ones that do not wish to competitively earn rewards will mostly leave, or change their wish to improve.

Name ONE sucessful competitive game that don't give anything when you lose. All, games I played follow this same pattern: Give rewards for participating, but give much more when you win than when you lose (Which is what we currently have here. You gain over 3 times more if you win your match instead of losing it).

> @Razor.6392 said:

> It's a double win. AFKers and ragers don't get free pips, and PVE warriors also don't get anything.

>

> Perfect.

Would you humbly accept a loss if the AFKer and rager was on your team, and you have no control to change that?

To those who claim "failure shouldn't be rewarded", that's a valid point but remember this is a team environment. If you are trying to win and someone on your team decides to give up, 4 other players are punished for one person's behavior.

The title of this thread should be "Remove reward pips for trolls and AFKers". It's up to ANET to take action on players who truly violate healthy gameplay.