Meteorlogicus crafting - the Mental Discipline item. HELP !

Hello,

Despite the little difference between the prices of crafting the Storm and buying it directly from the TP, I decided to craft the precursor (Storm) for the Legendary Scepter.

I almost completed the journey. One step left. The acquisition of the item named "Mental Discipline". You can get it from helping the Pact to take the temple of Lyssa in Malchor Leap.

And now the issue starts (at least for me). In the last week the temple was not even once under the risen control. I visited the map several times per day, every day in the last week. I spent even 2 hours (twice) waiting for the risen attempt to recapture the temple to happen. Nothing. The only good thing is that I (not solo) killed the Champion Risen Wraith several times. But this is not enough for the item I need :/

Has anybody any advice, tips, tricks of how to pass over this issue?

Thanks in advance.

the only advice I have is to stay in the map, even if it takes 3 hours, until the event happens. also make sure that you are not completing the defence events (like the champ wraith and the risen attack on the temple). you need the defence events to fail so the risen recapture it and the event chain for pact capture start, ending with the Lyssa fight.

@ OP: Sorry, I have no answer for you. I reply for a different reason: I would like to bow to you for having chosen the method via collections.

A while ago, I had started the Astralaria, that can only be done via collections since the precursor is an ascended weapon, account bound on acquire.

First collection was OK. I was fully motivated. Then at 2nd collection, I checked what is required to get the basic axe requisition: 250 axes, each requiring 3 mithril ingots (750 total) and 2 elder wood plank (500) total, for something that was only the very beginning of the collection..... I had a good laughing at it! My decision was taken within second: No way! I happily gave up. :3

I had done my 3 first legendaries before the collections have existed. After the Astralaria case, I decided to craft only legendary weapons for which I can purchase the precursor and did "forget" on purpose to check if it was worth it - or not - versus collections... I just wanted to have it easy. I have 6 leg. weap. by now, but nothing to be proud of. :#

That's why, very seriously, I admire players going for legendary weapons via collections: To you, respect. :)

@"Cristalyan.5728" : I don't remember how I did it, but I'd recommend doing two things:

1) pop in often, while doing other things. Leave one character at a spot you can check it and just pop in when you have downtime in your playing.

2) wait for a patch, log in *right* after - that will generate a fresh map.

@"Dreamy Lu.3865" The second step of the collection is essentially the cost of the precursor. Compare that step to the gold-price of precursors on the TP.

For Astralaria specifically, step 4 (after the precursor is made, making part of the Gift of Astralaria) also requires 10 (iirc) Elonian Leather, but step 3 has no real cost. All legendary collections prior to C&C follows that pattern - Step 2 is pure material/currency sink, the other steps usualy have negligable costs.

Thanks all :-)

I managed to find a new session of the map where the temple was controlled by the risen - I think thanks to the week-end - and I managed to get the item I needed.

Although I'm happy - incredible, but happy, even more than in the day I captured my first (and last until now) Tequatl Hoard - I cannot stop one though: if in a highly demanded map - at least for wood farming - I needed one week to find a second session of the map open, what can someone hope waiting for a new session of one map to overcome a bugged event - the event with the Drake Eggs in Wayfarer Foothills came in mind?

Thanks again for the support :-)