Logging my connection?

Hello, I've been having connection issues lately. Looks like the game can't keep running for more than ~5 minutes straight for me since I just get DCs every so often

Since I've just had a major issue with my internet provider I'm fairly sure the problem is theirs and in the gw2 servers or my PC.

I wanted to ask if there's a program or anyway I could document my connection and generate a log that shows how often my PC loses internet connection

Thanks in advance!

I have the exact same problem with DCs every 5 min and it honestly kills my desire to play the game. I have a laptop on which i can run gw2 at max settings and 60 fps and i play from different locations.

One location is perfectly fine and i can stay online for the whole day. But when i am at the second location i get those instant DCs like every 5 min and that is no exaggeration.

Normally when my internet connection breaks for whatever reason i (normally) stay in the game for at least another minute and i can still run around the map but cast no skills and i see other people running always in a straight line etc., but here i get a black screen instantly and have to restart the game with a message that the game client has lost the connection to the server. I have for the most of the time voice com active, so i know that it is not my internet thats gone here.

The funny thing is that i thought this would have been fixed at the last update on tuesday because after that update i could be online for the whole evening without dc'ing even once, but at the next day there were some small patches/bugfixes and my game started crashing again.

My internetprovider does change when i am at location a or b, at first i thought it was a problem with those Ddos attacks that happened(?) lately, but that was two weeks ago and the crashes have not stopped. It also takes ages until i get my verification email (sometimes the email arrives an hour later).

If anyone has a similar problem and/or knows something that would help, any answer would be appreciated, thx

Edit: I will try out the pingplotter and i play on EU server.

> @Ferus.3165 said:

> I have the exact same problem with DCs every 5 min and it honestly kills my desire to play the game. I have a laptop on which i can run gw2 at max settings and 60 fps and i play from different locations.

> One location is perfectly fine and i can stay online for the whole day. But when i am at the second location i get those instant DCs like every 5 min and that is no exaggeration.

>

> Normally when my internet connection breaks for whatever reason i (normally) stay in the game for at least another minute and i can still run around the map but cast no skills and i see other people running always in a straight line etc., but here i get a black screen instantly and have to restart the game with a message that the game client has lost the connection to the server. I have for the most of the time voice com active, so i know that it is not my internet thats gone here.

>

> The funny thing is that i thought this would have been fixed at the last update on tuesday because after that update i could be online for the whole evening without dc'ing even once, but at the next day there were some small patches/bugfixes and my game started crashing again.

>

> My internetprovider does change when i am at location a or b, at first i thought it was a problem with those Ddos attacks that happened(?) lately, but that was two weeks ago and the crashes have not stopped. It also takes ages until i get my verification email (sometimes the email arrives an hour later).

>

> If anyone has a similar problem and/or knows something that would help, any answer would be appreciated, thx

Based on your post, where location "A" works fine but you have DC problems at location "B". It is clearly a problem with your connection from location "B". The only difference is that location "A" and "B" take different paths to the game servers. Since they both end up at the same location (Anet server) then the issue has nothing to do with Anet. As stated above, you can run pingplotter from both locations and it will show you where the problem lies. The routing of your connection to the game servers is controlled by your ISP. It also helps to state what server you are playing on, NA or EU, and a general location of where you are.