PSA: When there is a scourge in the enemy team, calm down with the ally boon..giving(?)

reukies.6418

there will always be someone in your team dying to scourges fast. sadly. I tried to make a strategy and told them not to fight on mid point against 2 scourges and go sides while i distract them mid ... It worked till about 100 points an we got slighly ahead ... I fought for minutes 1:2 and 1:3 with my scepter tempest kiting around mid leaving them on point (yes they caped but ...) Well then they decided to help me over and over instead of focusing on the map and sides .... We lost by feeding mid .... (and the one case where we won mid due to thief shooting into my 1:2 downing one did´t compensate about 10 death ... ). And yes i also died but my first death was after about freaking five minutes dancing around them when i got pulled on point by the FB... They are fightable from range. I am not a great player manually but i adapt and look at the map. And i did go to unranked dying, and thinking WTF ... Took a step back, back to tempest from weaver and threw into the Scourge and FB infested battlefield not dying instantly.

Scourges are so hard on point, that if the whole team does not adapt you loose.... And it gets worse if firebrands are present too.

So we are in a situation where you have to adapt and fight as a team, but don´t have a team and most don´t even try to communicate.

> @Chaith.8256 said:

> I disagree. Without bugged F2 and without standing in Ghastly Breach, you're not going to be totally cleaned of boons, meaning he'll not be corrupting less boons if you spam less. Resume boon spam, try to cover the good ones. Now, with two Scourges present, forget that last point.

>

> Just make sure you're not making a dingus move by taking ticks from Ghastly Breach to revive or be aggressive.

Assuming someone takes one hit from each punishment + f2 skill, they lose 4 boons. That is if they instantly get out of punishment skill range. If you are melee that trail skill is going to hit you more than once.

Then you have to think about the boons you gave to allies. Thats 4 boons that are now 8 stacks of torment, 4 stacks of cripple and 4 stacks of burning (based on trait) for all teammates you gave boons to. That isn't so bad? That is if people only get hit by punishment skills once. People who run builds that don't have many boons don't really have to think out running out asap, they don't expect to have 4+ boons that cripple and torment them. With 4 stacks of cripples, that scourge is going to be running circles around you with the trail skill. Which then gives you another few boons to torment, cripple,and burning stacks.

On my scourge 8 stacks of torment by itself is around 19k damage on a target that moves (if you don't move its more boon to torment, so better to move). 19k for each of your teammates. For most classes thats it, your'e dead before torment even finishes.

Of course you can heal or cleanse the condi's that your teammate indirectly gave you, but it would have been better to save those for all the other condis that come in cause spvp is a condi fest. Blowing the limited cleanse you have (unless you are FB) when you can easily not have sucks.

But hey! Besides the 4 boons that are now corrupted (in the best situation) at least I have the 5th,6th,7th... boons on us!

I am guessing @"Chaith.8256" is talking about self booning. Then this is fine, kinda like taking one for the team. If it is only 1 person that triggers the scourge to boon punish, your teammates could help take down the scourge and get you up. It is even better if that one person has a lot of condi cleanse. But remember I am mainly talking about giving boons to allies here.