Sick and tired of DCers.

Kahrgan.7401

I think if a match gets a DC in under "X" min of match (where "X" would be a time open to discussion) it should be stopped and, as you stated, deal no rewards or punishments to the losing team.

That "X" value can't be too big or it certainly you'll see ppl DCing when they judge they know they'll lose.

yes as someone in team have DC its 99% lose to his team from above but cant punish every and every time player who is DC because many times that was no his fault, this can be problem with his or connection or computer as I have problem and this is really annyoing when we even going to but then kaput...my computer fucked and need to restart so its also annyoing and not fun for me when someone have DC by technical problems sometimes and it isnt nice to get punished by this

And then there are those who intentionally AFK because it had a problem with comp or if team lost a point initially. This behavior has been going on for years even before pvp season started. There's really not much we can do. Sometimes the AFKer is in our team, other times they are in the opposing team.

> @Vapour.7348 said:

> And then there are those who intentionally AFK because it had a problem with comp or if team lost a point initially. This behavior has been going on for years even before pvp season started. **There's really not much we can do**. Sometimes the AFKer is in our team, other times they are in the opposing team.

I don't think we are talking about the occasional DC that happens because of internet carrier, computer freeze, etc. We are really talking about the repeat offender and especially those that AFK/DC because things aren't going their way. It causes inaccurate W:L, rewards winning team for a 'win' that might not have been a win, wastes a lot of time for the losing team which isn't a small thing for those players with limited chances to participate in league.

I would support Anet in any system that had more negative consequences for this behavior. And this is what players can do - put pressure on the system....

Last night I queued right after the bug fix patch, went to Zone into match got hit with the infinite load screen, pretty sure not my Comp(gw2 is on its own dedicated SSD) or the ISP, decided screw it and just alt f4’ed and didn’t start gw2 for rest of the night so I don’t affect other players if t was my comp causing issues.

But when you get those players that keep saying their connection sucks but keep Queueing and Relogging in after multiple DCs is frustrating, and those should be lumped in with the abusers.

> @Ledavi.1803 said:

> > @Vapour.7348 said:

> > And then there are those who intentionally AFK because it had a problem with comp or if team lost a point initially. This behavior has been going on for years even before pvp season started. **There's really not much we can do**. Sometimes the AFKer is in our team, other times they are in the opposing team.

>

> I don't think we are talking about the occasional DC that happens because of internet carrier, computer freeze, etc. We are really talking about the repeat offender and especially those that AFK/DC because things aren't going their way. It causes inaccurate W:L, rewards winning team for a 'win' that might not have been a win, wastes a lot of time for the losing team which isn't a small thing for those players with limited chances to participate in league.

>

> I would support Anet in any system that had more negative consequences for this behavior. And this is what players can do - put pressure on the system....

Lol did you even read what I wrote? Nothing has been done by the developers regardless of how common the problem is.

• 2 weeks later...

Rather than stopping the game how about backfill? If there is someone queuing allowing them to take the place of the DCer. Maybe if it popped up, backfill, no dishonour for declining. Decline and it goes to the next person. Could give an option to uncheck it and not be offered backfill. Maybe after the match put the player to the front of the queue for a match.

Could just see it working in unranked. Maybe ranked if you would be guaranteed not to lose points, like if a team has a DCer, they won't lose points for it if the person is offline for a certain ammount of time. Wouldn't want to agree to backfill, get into a ranked match on the losing side of a 490-100 game, just in time to lose and get rank loss. But if you are just in to fill in for a DCer, no consequences to your rank for losing, guaranteed at least the rewards you get when you're on a losing team, possibly winning. Gaining rank on a win might be a bit harder for a backfiller, If you are only in half the match can it really give you as much as if you were there from the beginning?

Or maybe it should just be in unranked.