Help me start my Scourge

leasm.1279

Finally making my mind to put aside the Reaper playstyle and try Scourge.

Already got condi armor/trinkets, and now I'll buy Carrion weapons from the trading post, since they are cheap.

My goal here is just having a different playstyle in PvE open world (I enjoy farming LS3 zones and PoF).

**Lines**: Curses and Soul Reaping seem a no-brainer. Can't see anything else being better.

**Curses**: Going Master of Corruption. But still in doubt between Parasitic Contagion vs Lingering Curse. Probably will have to try both to see if I feel comfortable without the constant life drain.

**Weapons**: Thinking about Scepter+Dagger / Dagger+Torch. Can this work? Any better secondary main hand other than Dagger?

**Sigils**: Thinking about Strength and Torment. I enjoy having self might application on all my characters, so I always go Strength plus something else.

**Runes**: Still in doubt between Nightmare vs Tormenting. Seem pretty similar. Any other ideas?

Heal:

**Utilities**: BiP for sure, but no idea for the other two. Can Poison Cloud and Epidemic work well on random open world PvE? What about the punishments?

Suggestions?

yeah, i'm shelving my thief and jumping on the god mode wagon, i had a lvl 80 boost from PoF that i used to create a necro for pvp, mainly ranked arenas.

I'm looking arround for builds and guides but apart from metabattle there is nothing...

any good streamer that I can follow or maybe a youtube guide or something?

tks in advanced! :)

[This is the current raid meta build for Scourge](https://qtfy.eu/guildwars/necromancer/condi-scourge/). It uses Scepter/Empty & Empty/Torch for weapon sets, so you can still swap but only need the two weapons. That's a good base to start from and, if you're running with raid meta boons, this will be the best option.

I recommend mainhand Scepter whether or not you're running Lingering Curse. It's just a great condi weapon. If you do run Lingering Curse, Scepter mainhand is mandatory. I like to have Scepter/Torch and Empty/Dagger on my condi Necro builds.

Regarding utilities, I favor ToA, BiP, and Epi. I also use CPC (if expecting range, instead of ToA) and Signet of Spite (if expecting a single boss, instead of Epi).

If you're running solo, I recommend Nightmare/Trapper or Tormentor/Trapper runes. You won't have the Alacrity necessary to have 2+ shades up all the time and will need that extra bump in Expertise.

After testing it out, MM is still the best for solo story running. Your minions make short work of conditions and heal you, meaning you're really only focused on boon destruction. Second they make you tougher and leave a nice condi cloud when they die. If you can get sinister gear it's not expensive to make, ebony orb is cheap. Basically it's viper without expertise, but more condi damage does ease the loss of expertise. This is what my Story necro runs and very little is challenging. I finish off my skill bar with healing minion, epidemic, sand swell/ corrosive poison cloud (for annoying ranged mobs), bone minion, and big minion (does a great job of keeping minions off me). Staff makes short work of groups while generating lots of life force, where scepter/ torch can burn down single mobs fast.

I need nightmare runes, but berserker have been a good substitute +6% condi damage and additional condi duration. I also use bursting and malice sigils.