The Hard Truth in wvw

Sovereign.1093

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @Svarty.8019 said:

> > @Sovereign.1093 said:

> > While there are build diversity, which includes sigils runes food composition using the meta. Player skill is > than others, which is how it ought to be.

> To a degree, I agree. But when the difference between skilled and not skilled is so huge, it becomes a boring elitist game.

> > @Sovereign.1093 said:

> > so you cant really balance wvw based on playtime or population alone or points.

> You could make the game more forgiving, slacken off the tight regulations, give people more hit points, reduce all damage by a percentage across the board, etc.

>

> If the game is so unforgiving that your computer spec makes a difference to the result, then the game shouldn't be online tbh. Sad, but true.

>

> This game promotes damage spikes so large that people are dead before they can react. That's bad design.

>

You need to leave any forum of competitive pvp.

That sentiment is insane man, skill cap is going to be nigh and day even in games like pong please stop with this notion that you can balance a game to a point where skill is near meanlingless.

If that were try pro people in fighting games like tekken 7 and SFV (which are balanced insanely good) have super low skill floors and insanely high skill ceilings.

> @Retsuko.2035 said:

> WvW tournaments has hurt more then it did any good in the past. First tournament was start of Sanctum of Rall downfall for example, for those who been around long enough know how much drama and toxic comes from tourny in WvW inside and outside server communities.

>

> As for OP, surely, balance has been a problem right now and of course you can counter anything you're fighting. The real problem you're not solving with this thread however is that everyone is encouraged to play the pirateship meta. You're speaking of ways to counter? well, playing pirateship and spawning scourges and spellbreakers to oppose enemy is the counter you'd be speaking of here. Except you're too late to figure this out because everyone else already has.

sor fell because they could not break the 8 x 10 man squad hitting all things so they lost ppt which resulted to loss of morale.

ppt wise it broke the sor zerg. which usually just blobed back then.

we made it happen by tactics, planned it, and executed it when sor fought my old na server at tourneys.

what i am saying here a skillled player will adapt to what works and make iteratjons to be better. this is limited by game mechanics.

tourneys can bring life to wvw again by giving players a goal purpose.

> @zinkz.7045 said:

> WvW is literally the lowest skilled PvP game I have ever played, large scale is so braindead it is barely even PvP.

Except for the first couple of years where people mattered, where we had tournaments to cull out those who really didn't care about a serious hobby for most who did win, the above is truer than anything I've ever seen written about WvW.

It is a destroyed game mode that had more potential than any other gaming mode ever created in any game.

A huge waste of potential that could even be used in medical settings - how shortsighted.

Personally hated both tournaments.

The first one lead to huge queues and people pulling mass over time in order to get ahead as early as possible. I remember spending two hours in a que to play with my guild and missing most of the raid (No dc btw) Even back then there was a lot of manipulation with some servers trying to drop so that they could be in bronze or silver and have a nice cruise week after week. Imagine what would happen now if another tournament were to take place?

Some servers were made open and free during the second season and became mass transfer opportunities. This means that servers that were placed at the bottom of the stack won the whole thing because they became the band wagon. I distinctly remember watching a mono blob run around the borders in off peek hours and just cap keeps by pvding because they greatly outnumbered the other servers.

The last time tournaments were out the game mode was in a much healthier place with people having server loyalty (remember going to LA and calling for help because x was under attack?) and one pushes being the anomaly rather then the norm.

Server recognition and identity doesn't exist any more and hasn't really since pve maps became mega servers. (imo)

I would like the whole thing to be revamped a little more. Adding tournaments will solve little, you will still be stuck where you are, there will just be one another meaningless objective on top and as long as people are allowed to transfer it will be grabbed once again by the bandwagonners.

I want some ingame changes, give us real GVG, declarable ingame even against guilds of your server, gives us some ending battle/big siege where people can utilize the weakly gathered points as a resource, etc. As the thing is now, its all too repetitive all the time. Nothing is really happening and nothing matters. As a result, the community is this degenerate spawn of few that still care, bunch of trolls, and vast majority of people that do not really care or do anything, they do not even communicate, nothing. This "I don't care" mentality is vastly supported by the fact that "nothing matters" in the game. Did I also mention that guilds are completely meaningless except as chatbox? There is so much missing for open PVP MMO mode.