Scepter Rework Concept (don't hate me)

Treetoptrickster.4205

As someone who would really like to use the scepter on the guardian, but always found it lacking other than in its role as the guardian's base ranged option, I wanted to give some love to it. First of all I made its auto a chain, firing brilliant white-blue flares instead of measly squiggly orbs. Overall the weapon took on the base guardians role of a hybrid single target ranged option to allow it to slot into more builds and simply be able to work in more types of builds. The logic being that it's the only ranged option for the base Guardian, so it should be able to slot into builds that want to go condi as well. Additionally, base Guardian doesn't have an condi mainhand weapon. Overall the weapon is about damage over time now, but some of it's in power DoTs.

Auto Chain:

**Flare of Wrath -** Fire a radiant flare, striking the target twice and applying Burning for 1s on the second tick.

**Flare of Vengeance -** Fire a brilliant flare, searing the target twice and applying Burning for 1s on the second strike.

**Flare of Purging -** Fire a blazing flare that ignites the target, applying burning for 2s.

**Symbol of Might -**

Inscribe a symbol that deals damage to enemies and applies vulnerability, granting allies might.

**Chains of Punishment -**

Fire searing chains of light that deal damage and inflict immobilize for 3s and Weakness for 5s. The target takes additional power damage over 3s while shackled.

The auto would strike 5 times over the duration to trigger Justice on the last hit and apply a consistent burn as well as decent power damage. It attacks at a pace that would maintain 3 stacks of burn counting the one from Virtue of Justice.

Skill 2 applies vulnerability baseline in addition to the potential application from Zeal.

Skill 3 can be negated more easily due to being a projectile, but immobilizes longer and deals decent damage initially and over time.

• 3 weeks later...

Its sad how often there are topics about changing the scepter - which is fine - when are bad weapons there: mainly Staff and Mace and no one post about them.

I not complaining about your suggestions, I do know there are weapons that don't fit to us and the scepter is the only really ranged weapon that Guard has, so no alternatives. When they change the Scepter #2 to symbol the weapon become amazing, not only because its now a symbol, but mainly because reduced the RNG by a lot. Before it was really sad when it hit like 2 or 3 times (which happened a lot).

They could redesign Staff #1 so it could the weapon would be a real alternative to Scepter. Staff now is just too lame.

> @Opopanax.1803 said:

> If they touch it, they will likely screw up our only ranged core weapon.

>

> Sorry, I don't trust them...look at what happens to staff...now it isn't even ranged anymore!

It's only technically a ranged weapon. It most definitely does not function or feel like a ranged weapon.

If they reworked staff to be a bit more like our underwater trident, we could have an actual ranged core weapon.