Merge Remorseless into minor traits

leasm.1279

What about merging **Remorseless** into the grandmaster minor, so that the whole line of minor traits could be actually useful without the need for another grandmaster?

The way it is now, you get a little more damage and vulnerability at the start of a fight, and then the entire minor traits are gone. What I mean is you must take the grandmaster to actually "complete" the functionality of the whole minor traits. Even in short fights the "out of combat" flag takes too long to trigger, so in practice sometimes I stay a looong time without seeing another opening strike.

**Minor 1**: You and your pet inflict vulnerability with your first strike when entering combat.

**Minor 2**: Your opening strikes inflict cripple on your foes, and always critical hit.

**Minor 3**: Regain opening strike whenever you gain fury. (no need for 25% extra damage here)

Then you can change Remorseless or overhaul it.

I still prefer the idea of having each GM use Opening Strikes in different ways, either effect or otherwise. As I posted in the old forums:

* Adept Minor, Opening Strike: You and your pet inflict vulnerability with the first strike when entering combat.

* Major Minor, Precise Strike: Opening Strikes always critical hit.

* Grandmaster Minor, Relentless: You and your pet regain Opening Strike when you kill a foe or apply fury to yourself.

Then, each Grandmaster trait incorporates Opening Strike into them, no matter how minor the effects to ensure it's used and themed appropriately.

* Predator's Onslaught: You and your pet deal 15% more damage to foes with movement-impeding conditions. Opening Strikes also inflict cripple.

* Remorseless: Opening Strikes deal 25% more damage. Gain might after dealing damage with an Opening Strike.

* Lead the Wind: Longbow skills pierce, recharge faster, and have increased attack speed. You and your pet regain Opening Strikes when you gain stealth.

Only change is applying fury to ourselves instead of just gaining fury since there's always someone that thinks that would be too powerful. So, limiting it to a self-applied is the only way to go if that feature becomes a minor. Would still be the bees' knees.

> @Wondrouswall.7169 said:

> I still prefer the idea of having each GM use Opening Strikes in different ways, either effect or otherwise. As I posted in the old forums:

>

> * Adept Minor, Opening Strike: You and your pet inflict vulnerability with the first strike when entering combat.

> * Major Minor, Precise Strike: Opening Strikes always critical hit.

> * Grandmaster Minor, Relentless: You and your pet regain Opening Strike when you kill a foe or apply fury to yourself.

>

> Then, each Grandmaster trait incorporates Opening Strike into them, no matter how minor the effects to ensure it's used and themed appropriately.

>

> * Predator's Onslaught: You and your pet deal 15% more damage to foes with movement-impeding conditions. Opening Strikes also inflict cripple.

> * Remorseless: Opening Strikes deal 25% more damage. Gain might after dealing damage with an Opening Strike.

> * Lead the Wind: Longbow skills pierce, recharge faster, and have increased attack speed. You and your pet regain Opening Strikes when you gain stealth.

>

> Only change is applying fury to ourselves instead of just gaining fury since there's always someone that thinks that would be too powerful. So, limiting it to a self-applied is the only way to go if that feature becomes a minor. Would still be the bees' knees.

This and always this.

Maybe lead the wind could interact with quickness or on kill instead of just stealth.

Stealth itself is only directly available through druid or LB 3.

Of course there is trapper rune, infiltrator rune and blasting smoke fields, but not many options to get use out of.

My proposal:

Lead the wind: Projectiles pierce. Gain quickness when hitting an enemy under xy% health. Gain OS when applying quickness to yourself. Lb recharges faster.

(the increased attackspeed could be made baseline, i mean its not that significant change IMO)

The quickness aspect could also be when you kill a target, but i dont kniw if lb would benefit from this.