Balance is non existing, game is spamfest

aelska.4609

**Previous post has been flagged because it was "non respectful" or "non constructive", so here it is again without directly targetting the 'culprids'**

After 2 months (or even two years, since it has been introduced by HoT), we could have expected the following:

* Less condi cleanses

* Less condis

* Less healing

* Less damage

* Less boons

* Less corrupts

* Less hard ccs

* Less stability and breakstuns

* Less unblockable skills

* Less blocks

* Less passives

But instead we've got:

* Nothing, or even the opposite

So, the title is "Balance is non existing, game is SPAMFEST".

And then you proceed to describe this spamfest with:

**- condi cleanses:** It goes right against the title, since it's a REACTION to condis, spam it in the wrong time and you burn a cooldown that could save your life if used in the right time.

**- condis:** It's a kind of damage, i understand it needs to be well toned (aka do the damage OVER TIME), but whats the problem with condis in it's essency?

**- healing:** ???

**- damage:** ???

**- boons:** Buffs, right? whats the problem with them?

**- corrupts:** This, again, goes right against the title, since it's another REACTION to buffs.

**- hard ccs:** Another mechanic that adds to the complexity of the combat, whats the problem here?

**- stability and breakstuns:** Again, against the "spamfest" argument, since it's a reaction to another mechanic (and just like condi clenses, if you "spam" it you will burn a cooldown that could save your life if used at the right time.

**- unblockable skills:** Even maining a ranger and being heavily benefited from this in the last elite spec, i'll have to agree that this is something that makes no sense at all. No skill, no reaction involved.

**- blocks:** Ok, maybe there's too much block, or we wont need "unblockables", a mechanic with no skill involved.

**- passives:** I will agree with you on this too. Passives that "save your ass" with invulnerability makes no sense at all, not even a bit of skill or reaction involved.

For me, the real problem is the matchmaking system. It's putting togheter people with CLEAR skill gaps between them.

It generates frustration, the lack of balance appears to be even greater than it really is and the outcome is a lot of people overreacting.

> @ReaverKane.7598 said:

> So, pvp should be just auto-atacks?

> Cause that's what it looks like from your post, and if you think THIS is the constructive one, no wonder the previous was flagged.

> How about articulate, make suggestions, create arguments for your case instead of: "This bad, me sad!"

There is a difference between skills that have one or two effects and skills that have 5+. You are supposed to activate a condi cleanse to remove conditions, not because it deals damage, give protection, break stun and blind ennemies at same time. If it does everything at same time, YES, the game looks more like a spamfest than actual thinking.

> @Malafaia.8903 said:

> **- condi cleanses:** It goes right against the title, since it's a REACTION to condis, spam it in the wrong time and you burn a cooldown that could save your life if used in the right time.

> **- condis:** It's a kind of damage, i understand it needs to be well toned (aka do the damage OVER TIME), but whats the problem with condis in it's essency?

> **- healing:** ???

> **- damage:** ???

> **- boons:** Buffs, right? whats the problem with them?

> **- corrupts:** This, again, goes right against the title, since it's another REACTION to buffs.

> **- hard ccs:** Another mechanic that adds to the complexity of the combat, whats the problem here?

> **- stability and breakstuns:** Again, against the "spamfest" argument, since it's a reaction to another mechanic (and just like condi clenses, if you "spam" it you will burn a cooldown that could save your life if used at the right time.

Getting permanently pressured by condi so you permanently need to use condicleanse to counter it totally not the same thing as having to cleanse sometimes at strategic moments. Same goes with damage and healing, boons and corrupts, hard ccs and stability. If each skill was having a limited number of effect and appropriate CD, I am convinced that you would use them more strategically than actually. As it was the case pre-HoT.

Balance is only nonexistent in the condition aspect. You can watch proper people fighting with power classes for 10 mins ish till someone misclicks/ruins their rotation.

While power is perfectly balanced, condi is just plain ridiculous because most of time you cant dodge it , its effects are low risk high reward, no class has enough cleanse to fight a condition based build as conditions re appears the next second. Still hoping oneday they will realize condi builds are superior to power builds and ruining the pvp .

> @aelska.4609 said:

> > @ReaverKane.7598 said:

> > So, pvp should be just auto-atacks?

> > Cause that's what it looks like from your post, and if you think THIS is the constructive one, no wonder the previous was flagged.

> > How about articulate, make suggestions, create arguments for your case instead of: "This bad, me sad!"

>

> There is a difference between skills that have one or two effects and skills that have 5+. You are supposed to activate a condi cleanse to remove conditions, not because it deals damage, give protection, break stun and blind ennemies at same time. If it does everything at same time, YES, the game looks more like a spamfest than actual thinking.

>

> > @Malafaia.8903 said:

> > **- condi cleanses:** It goes right against the title, since it's a REACTION to condis, spam it in the wrong time and you burn a cooldown that could save your life if used in the right time.

> > **- condis:** It's a kind of damage, i understand it needs to be well toned (aka do the damage OVER TIME), but whats the problem with condis in it's essency?

> > **- healing:** ???

> > **- damage:** ???

> > **- boons:** Buffs, right? whats the problem with them?

> > **- corrupts:** This, again, goes right against the title, since it's another REACTION to buffs.

> > **- hard ccs:** Another mechanic that adds to the complexity of the combat, whats the problem here?

> > **- stability and breakstuns:** Again, against the "spamfest" argument, since it's a reaction to another mechanic (and just like condi clenses, if you "spam" it you will burn a cooldown that could save your life if used at the right time.

>

> Getting permanently pressured by condi so you permanently need to use condicleanse to counter it totally not the same thing as having to cleanse sometimes at strategic moments. Same goes with damage and healing, boons and corrupts, hard ccs and stability. If each skill was having a limited number of effect and appropriate CD, I am convinced that you would use them more strategically than actually. As it was the case pre-HoT.

I'm not defending the actual state of balance, but i still don't understand your point. I agree conditions are toned up, even forcing more condi cleansing picking on builds to deal with them, killing diversity.

But you think mechanics like condi cleansing aren't being used strategically? I mean, in this meta more than every other meta, condi cleansing need to be used at the right time or you'll burn the CD that could save your life.

There's a lot of complexity involved on GW2 PvP, as stated above, and that argument of "spamfest" is just a fallacy. Except if you're talking specifically about Scourges.