Where did the 9600 gem mount deal go!?

What's all of this 'full price' talk? Don't you know...?!

> @"Mike O Brien.4613" said:

> Here are some of the benefits we had in mind when designing the Mount Adoption License:

>

> * You get a brand-new, unique mount skin every time, for a **substantial discount** versus an individual purchase price.

> @Kalibri.5861 said:

> What's all of this 'full price' talk? Don't you know...?!

>

> > @"Mike O Brien.4613" said:

> > Here are some of the benefits we had in mind when designing the Mount Adoption License:

> >

> > * You get a brand-new, unique mount skin every time, for a **substantial discount** versus an individual purchase price.

Yep! Every time it's cheaper than the 320 gems per mount I paid for the Spooky mounts that have effects and dye channels for their eyes! Oh, no... Wait...

> @Thelgar.7214 said:

> > @Kalibri.5861 said:

> > What's all of this 'full price' talk? Don't you know...?!

> >

> > > @"Mike O Brien.4613" said:

> > > Here are some of the benefits we had in mind when designing the Mount Adoption License:

> > >

> > > * You get a brand-new, unique mount skin every time, for a **substantial discount** versus an individual purchase price.

>

> Yep! Every time it's cheaper than the 320 gems per mount I paid for the Spooky mounts that have effects and dye channels for their eyes! Oh, no... Wait...

yup, it's funny how naive people can be and just take whatever the (profit driven)company says without ever challenging it.

And selling those skins in randomized boxes totally isn't an attempt to push out crappy skins on the back of 8 skins that are actually worth the gems. Right, Kalibri...?!

> @Sobx.1758 said:

> > @Thelgar.7214 said:

> > > @Kalibri.5861 said:

> > > What's all of this 'full price' talk? Don't you know...?!

> > >

> > > > @"Mike O Brien.4613" said:

> > > > Here are some of the benefits we had in mind when designing the Mount Adoption License:

> > > >

> > > > * You get a brand-new, unique mount skin every time, for a **substantial discount** versus an individual purchase price.

> >

> > Yep! Every time it's cheaper than the 320 gems per mount I paid for the Spooky mounts that have effects and dye channels for their eyes! Oh, no... Wait...

>

> yup, it's funny how naive people can be and just take whatever the (profit driven)company says without ever challenging it.

> And selling those skins in randomized boxes totally isn't an attempt to push out crappy skins on the back of 8 skins that are actually worth the gems. Right, Kalibri...?!

='(

> @Danikat.8537 said:

> > @serialkicker.5274 said:

> > You guys really find everything to complain about. If you wanted to buy you would do so already. Are you telling me you're farming that much gold to get 10k gems in order to buy it and it happened that you ran out of time? You had a week to open the wallet and buy.

> > Also, stop pretending like limited time items or discounts are GW2 exclusive thing.

>

> It cost 9,600 gems. That's £102 or $120 which is not the kind of money most people tend to have spare to spend on cosmetic items in a game at short notice. I suspect a lot of people would need to wait until at least their next pay day, or save up for a while to afford that. It's also assuming everyone was able to get online for the entire time it was available.

>

> Using myself as an example I was affected by both of those because these mounts were released just before I went on holiday abroad for a week. So I had just 3 days to buy it, at a time when I really wanted to be saving all my spare cash for the trip. And with Christmas coming up too, meaning I normally stop buying stuff for myself to focus on getting gifts for everyone else. (Fortunately I decided I didn't want to buy it anyway, but it would be frustrating if I'd wanted it.)

>

> People are right that we were told when it was first introduced that it was a limited time offer, and that if you're buying it (with gold or real money) the extra 800 gems for 3 packs of 10 is not a big deal. But to act like everyone who might want it could easily have bought it within the time it was available is incredibly naïve.

Naive is acting like you saw this technique for the first time in your life. You had a week, if you couldn't buy it, too bad, deal with it. It's still available, if you want it that bad, you can get it for a bit higher price. Is your best excuse really "I haven't received my pay yet"? Please... Do you know how many games come out and have limited time exclusive stuff or discount for few days BEFORE pay day? I also missed new greatsword skin that was in gemstore few days ago. Couldn't afford it since I just recently returned to gw2 and wasted all my gold on new gear and skins. So what, it's not the first and not the last time I will miss out on something.

I would understand your point if they completely removed the skins, but they are all still there, only for a little higher price. You are talking about the most expensive gem store "item" we ever saw. that costs over 10k gems and you're gonna throw a fuss about 250g (EDIT: even less, like someone above mention, lol)? That is funny, especially because sometimes I see topics about people not being able to afford gem store items and how unrewarding game is and then everyone puts them down with "Stop crying, farming gold in this game is super easy, you can transfer into gems and buy the whole game, gg." But suddenly, farming 250g for something you really want badly, seems to be too much of an issue.

The worst part is and why I even put first comment here is how people act like this is something only AN would dare to do. Some above calling it disgusting and whatnot. If missing a discount makes you this mad, then I have no idea why you even play this game. And btw, I don't support this mount licence idea and how it was implemented and I commented and voted against it, but what some people are doing here is just pathetic.

PLEASE ANET FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, CAN YOU ASK EACH AND SINGLE PLAYER NEXT TIME IF THEY MANAGED TO GRAB THE ITEM ON SALE!? HOW DARE YOU TAKE IT OFF... UM I MEAN HOW DARE YOU CANCEL DISCOUNT! DISGUSTING! YOU MAKE ME BUY ALL THESE FREAKING SKINS AND I'M ALWAYS OUT OF MONEY BECAUSE I CAN'T RESIST TO BUY THEM ALL. I MUST HAVE THEM RIGHT NOW!

EDIT: Not to mention OP made another thread about how pets are useless. So he doesn't even want these skins, he just wants to find anything to complain about.

> @serialkicker.5274 said:

> > @Danikat.8537 said:

> > > @serialkicker.5274 said:

> > > You guys really find everything to complain about. If you wanted to buy you would do so already. Are you telling me you're farming that much gold to get 10k gems in order to buy it and it happened that you ran out of time? You had a week to open the wallet and buy.

> > > Also, stop pretending like limited time items or discounts are GW2 exclusive thing.

> >

> > It cost 9,600 gems. That's £102 or $120 which is not the kind of money most people tend to have spare to spend on cosmetic items in a game at short notice. I suspect a lot of people would need to wait until at least their next pay day, or save up for a while to afford that. It's also assuming everyone was able to get online for the entire time it was available.

> >

> > Using myself as an example I was affected by both of those because these mounts were released just before I went on holiday abroad for a week. So I had just 3 days to buy it, at a time when I really wanted to be saving all my spare cash for the trip. And with Christmas coming up too, meaning I normally stop buying stuff for myself to focus on getting gifts for everyone else. (Fortunately I decided I didn't want to buy it anyway, but it would be frustrating if I'd wanted it.)

> >

> > People are right that we were told when it was first introduced that it was a limited time offer, and that if you're buying it (with gold or real money) the extra 800 gems for 3 packs of 10 is not a big deal. But to act like everyone who might want it could easily have bought it within the time it was available is incredibly naïve.

> PLEASE ANET FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, et cetera....

So uhh, why don't we just ask them to get rid of artificial scarcity? As you said, they lost your greatsword sale. I'd love to see a good, data-based justification for the policy, because to me it seems like they're just losing money they could otherwise have in their pockets. The whole 'it makes people want stuff' argument is absurd - have a sale to accomplish that, but don't prevent players from giving you money. They may not be there later, so take the sale now.

If they put everything in the gem shop and pasted a good interface onto it, then we wouldn't see 'I missed it' threads like this, and ArenaNet would have more money.

> @serialkicker.5274 said:

>That is funny, especially because sometimes I see topics about people not being able to afford gem store items and how unrewarding game is and then everyone puts them down with "Stop crying, farming gold in this game is super easy, you can transfer into gems and buy the whole game, gg." But suddenly, farming 250g for something you really want badly, seems to be too much of an issue.

I don't support that rng mount skritt and will never gamble any gems into it, but I do have to say that I'm one of those that find 250 gold hard to get.

I still haven't gotten the gold back from getting that Griffon mount... and I got the Griffon on like the 3rd or 4th day PoF released.

> @Kalibri.5861 said:

> > > @Danikat.8537 said:

> > > > @serialkicker.5274 said:

> > > > You guys really find everything to complain about. If you wanted to buy you would do so already. Are you telling me you're farming that much gold to get 10k gems in order to buy it and it happened that you ran out of time? You had a week to open the wallet and buy.

> > > > Also, stop pretending like limited time items or discounts are GW2 exclusive thing.

> > >

> > > It cost 9,600 gems. That's £102 or $120 which is not the kind of money most people tend to have spare to spend on cosmetic items in a game at short notice. I suspect a lot of people would need to wait until at least their next pay day, or save up for a while to afford that. It's also assuming everyone was able to get online for the entire time it was available.

> > >

> > > Using myself as an example I was affected by both of those because these mounts were released just before I went on holiday abroad for a week. So I had just 3 days to buy it, at a time when I really wanted to be saving all my spare cash for the trip. And with Christmas coming up too, meaning I normally stop buying stuff for myself to focus on getting gifts for everyone else. (Fortunately I decided I didn't want to buy it anyway, but it would be frustrating if I'd wanted it.)

> > >

> > > People are right that we were told when it was first introduced that it was a limited time offer, and that if you're buying it (with gold or real money) the extra 800 gems for 3 packs of 10 is not a big deal. But to act like everyone who might want it could easily have bought it within the time it was available is incredibly naïve.

> > PLEASE ANET FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, et cetera....

>

> So uhh, why don't we just ask them to get rid of artificial scarcity? As you said, they lost your greatsword sale. I'd love to see a good, data-based justification for the policy, because to me it seems like they're just losing money they could otherwise have in their pockets. The whole 'it makes people want stuff' argument is absurd - have a sale to accomplish that, but don't prevent players from giving you money. They may not be there later, so take the sale now.

>

> If they put everything in the gem shop and pasted a good interface onto it, then we wouldn't see 'I missed it' threads like this, and ArenaNet would have more money.

They would have some money from me for sure as I'm still bloody waiting on that damn Jungle Explorer Outfit for the last however months now. I think since Summer.

> @Kalibri.5861 said:

> > > @Danikat.8537 said:

> > > > @serialkicker.5274 said:

> > > > You guys really find everything to complain about. If you wanted to buy you would do so already. Are you telling me you're farming that much gold to get 10k gems in order to buy it and it happened that you ran out of time? You had a week to open the wallet and buy.

> > > > Also, stop pretending like limited time items or discounts are GW2 exclusive thing.

> > >

> > > It cost 9,600 gems. That's £102 or $120 which is not the kind of money most people tend to have spare to spend on cosmetic items in a game at short notice. I suspect a lot of people would need to wait until at least their next pay day, or save up for a while to afford that. It's also assuming everyone was able to get online for the entire time it was available.

> > >

> > > Using myself as an example I was affected by both of those because these mounts were released just before I went on holiday abroad for a week. So I had just 3 days to buy it, at a time when I really wanted to be saving all my spare cash for the trip. And with Christmas coming up too, meaning I normally stop buying stuff for myself to focus on getting gifts for everyone else. (Fortunately I decided I didn't want to buy it anyway, but it would be frustrating if I'd wanted it.)

> > >

> > > People are right that we were told when it was first introduced that it was a limited time offer, and that if you're buying it (with gold or real money) the extra 800 gems for 3 packs of 10 is not a big deal. But to act like everyone who might want it could easily have bought it within the time it was available is incredibly naïve.

> > PLEASE ANET FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, et cetera....

>

> So uhh, why don't we just ask them to get rid of artificial scarcity? As you said, they lost your greatsword sale. I'd love to see a good, data-based justification for the policy, because to me it seems like they're just losing money they could otherwise have in their pockets. The whole 'it makes people want stuff' argument is absurd - have a sale to accomplish that, but don't prevent players from giving you money. They may not be there later, so take the sale now.

>

> If they put everything in the gem shop and pasted a good interface onto it, then we wouldn't see 'I missed it' threads like this, and ArenaNet would have more money.

Is this your first online game? Because it very much seems so. Check any game with microtransactions and you'll see they do the same thing. Put an item for a limited time and people will grab that thing in fear of disappearing and not being able to get it again. If every item would stay on store forever, I guarantee you, people wouldn't be so quick to buy, unless they would really, really want something. Why farm for two days like an idiot, if item is not going anywhere? You'll just get it when you can, right. And then you delay it and before you get the money it's not hot anymore and kinda loses charm and also new items come.

Why do you think people want that fancy legendary or any other skin that costs so much? Because not everyone has it. Everyone wants to feel and look unique, not just like another bland warrior amongst thousands. There are exceptions of course, but many care for fashion wars, we all know that.

I assure you, you wouldn't feel the same if majority of your mates or guild would have same skins and gear as you.

You think all companies follow this principle for no good reason? They have statistics and it shows what they are doing is more profitable. I guess having an item permanently on gemstore doesn't sell as much as putting item for sale for few days every half year.

> @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> Lots of psychological fear based manipulation going on in gemstone

Arent we all grown up though? Tbh it makes me quite mad when i see people being like "omg, its there for a limited time only, neeeed to have" without thinking it through thoroughly. Thats especially the case with those BLC-exclusive. Some people go like "omg this exclusive! Need! To! Have!", then throwing money at keys despite the fact that they dont like rng. And some go even further and if they dont get it with the first batch of keys, they just go and spend more money. I mean, how about some self-control? -.-"