Support response time [merged]

A friend of mine has been waiting almost a week now, just to get SMS Authentication removed from his account due to him losing his phone and having to get a new one. He can't post on the forums himself since he can't login. Just was curious what sort of time frame he's looking foward to in order to get this resolved.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @Tiborb.1453 said:

> Just like i said in the title.

> Can we have [a post like this](https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/support/support/Current-State-of-Support-August-28-2017 "a post like this")?

> Many of us are waiting a lot, even for weeks.

I would love to see something like this. It would give us a good idea of how long we could be waiting; a better idea, I might add.

Can someone explain to me why it takes ArenaNet weeks to respond to tickets; the excuse that they just launched an expansion doesn't count because they have always taken over 7 days to respond to tickets. I have multiple friends report the same time frames of 1 week to upwards of a month to get an initial response. I mean seriously this customer service has to be on the top 5 slowest in video game history.

It is not true that they have always taken over 7 days to respond to tickets. The usual (when not overloaded) response time is within 72 hours. I'm guessing a lot more players joined or returned to the Guild Wars universe than was expected, just like at Core launch.

I also imagine the CS Team is as frustrated with the backlog as the players.

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> It is not true that they have always taken over 7 days to respond to tickets. The usual (when not overloaded) response time is within 72 hours. I'm guessing a lot more players joined or returned to the Guild Wars universe than was expected, just like at Core launch.

>

> I also imagine the CS Team is as frustrated with the backlog as the players.

Wow your lucky then because a bunch of my tickets has always taken that long or longer.

> I'm not lucky; I just have read the Account Support forum for the last 5 years. There even used to be a Sticky.

What does reading the forums have to do with response time: are you inferring that being an active forum user translates to quicker responses from them?

That and why are the beta characters not deleted which is a problem for some people. It would be extremely helpful if Anet commented again on the support issue and also commented on the beta character issue. I find it odd that there has been recent radio silence from Anet on this issue. None of this affects me but I feel Anet needs to step up and address this issue after seeing posts after posts after posts wondering what is going on with support tickets and the beta characters issue as well. This is a multiple daily complaint that I feel Anet needs to address publicly. IMO not addressing the issue with a recent update just causes more frustration from paying customers, the frustration I have seen here daily.

> No. It's being familiar with posts, from players and Devs, about response times. It is unusual, over the 5+ years, for tickets to take so long to be resolved.

My latest tickets are not really a priority so I just told them to close it, which they did in less than a day; how ironic lol. Anyways my friend actually has a legitimate login and client issue and the first ticket she created they just deleted after a few days before even responding. Then she created another ticket and its been over a week.

> @Phobetor.8016 said:

> No, it isn't an excuse. Never heard of a support system that takes more than 3 days. If they are busy, just a message that they will get back me with timeline or something - that would make a big difference instead of getting NO response from them. This is embarrassing.

it is almost as if they:

* released the expansion

* grabbed the money

* now they're gone

:D

Jokes aside, this really isn't funny at all. Let's do some basic math:

from what I read on the internet they must have perhaps (a) million(s) of users, not just thousands and even if those were just thousands, it would be tens of thousands at least. Many of those users I'm sure purchased the highest package for about 100 bucks. How much money is that? That's right, a lot, added to that many ppl spent ungodly sums of money on the gem store + they are owned by a large company, thus covering game development and hiring a dedicated customer support team shouldn't be a problem.

> @Inoki.6048 said:

> > @ValeN.3129 said:

> > While we can come up with plenty of reasons for it to be slow. It stands as a fact, more than 72 hours is not acceptable.

>

> I'm waiting for over a month and a half for my issue to be resolved. how about that :D

They could come back with the forum thread for tickets over 7 days. As things stand, some are put on limbo. This is not a cheap product by any means, one should expect better of a company as big as ANet.

> @ValeN.3129 said:

> > @Inoki.6048 said:

> > > @ValeN.3129 said:

> > > While we can come up with plenty of reasons for it to be slow. It stands as a fact, more than 72 hours is not acceptable.

> >

> > I'm waiting for over a month and a half for my issue to be resolved. how about that :D

>

> They could come back with the forum thread for tickets over 7 days. As things stand, some are put on limbo. This is not a cheap product by any means, one should expect better of a company as big as ANet.

that is right of course, yet we've been continuously ignored in and out of the game for the past.......... well always :D game balance is non-existent, they hardly listen to player feedback, and on top of that they leave paying customers hanging because who cares about free transfers right :D if you don't pay we don't give a damn about you. yours truly...