Sunspear Outfit - Any other way?

Long story short, I bought the Path of Fire expansion, however I didn't buy the deluxe or Ultimate editions. Clearly I made a mistake because I would really like that outfit. I was wondering if there was any other way to obtain the Sunspear Outfit without buying the deluxe or Ultimate editions, or if there may possibly be a way in the future. I would really like the outfit, but before I spend 55 dollars to get it, I thought I would make sure. Thanks for any input or help with my question in advance.

While it’s possible it might be released in the gemstore I think it’s unlikely as releasing it was a bonus for buying the higher priced version of PoF, just Iike the mini Revenant Rytlock was a bonus for HoT. Releasing it outside of expansion purchase would anger many who paid extra to get it. So if you wish to get it you’ll need to buy the Deluxe/Ultimate version.

> @"Teofa Tsavo.9863" said:

> It should remain exclusive, but another 30 dollars to upgrade isn't gonna happen at my house. Oh well.

One can break the price down a bit. There are 4 items in the upgrade, 2 of which have exact gem values, one is reasonably inferrable. It basically comes down to how many of them are actually interesting.

Character slot: 800 gems

Identity Repair Kit: 1000 gems

Lily of the Elon: all passes are 1000 gems

Outfit

If you don't have a VIP pass and have use for another character slot, you're basically paying 600 gems for the outfit and getting the Identity kit for free.

If however the outfit is the only thing you actually want, it's absolutely a ridiculous price to pay. That stand even if it's just any two items you want. You have to find at least three of the items valuable for it to really be worth the price.

> @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:

> > @"Teofa Tsavo.9863" said:

> > It should remain exclusive, but another 30 dollars to upgrade isn't gonna happen at my house. Oh well.

>

> One cam break the price down a bit. There are 4 items in the upgrade, 2 of which have exact gem values, one is reasonably inferrable. It basically comes down to how many of them are actually interesting.

> Character slot: 800 gems

> Identity Repair Kit: 1000 gems

> Lily of the Elon: all passes are 1000 gems

> Outfit

>

> If you don't have a VIP pass and have use for another character slot, you're basically paying 600 gems for the outfit and getting the Identity kit for free.

I have 21 chars. I don't need or want an identity kit. I don't care about "VIP" zones. It came down to "is a single outfit worth 30 dollars" and I said no.

Still needs to be exclusive, I'm just not willing to get it under those terms. It's fair.

> @"Teofa Tsavo.9863" said:

> > @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:

> > > @"Teofa Tsavo.9863" said:

> > > It should remain exclusive, but another 30 dollars to upgrade isn't gonna happen at my house. Oh well.

> >

> > One cam break the price down a bit. There are 4 items in the upgrade, 2 of which have exact gem values, one is reasonably inferrable. It basically comes down to how many of them are actually interesting.

> > Character slot: 800 gems

> > Identity Repair Kit: 1000 gems

> > Lily of the Elon: all passes are 1000 gems

> > Outfit

> >

> > If you don't have a VIP pass and have use for another character slot, you're basically paying 600 gems for the outfit and getting the Identity kit for free.

>

> I have 21 chars. I don't need or want an identity kit. I don't care about "VIP" zones. It came down to "is a single outfit worth 30 dollars" and I said no.

>

> Still needs to be exclusive, I'm just not willing to get it under those terms. It's fair.

Looking at my post again, I should probably not have quoted you :p It started as a direct answer and then evolved into a more general breakdown of when it's worth it. I fully agree - it would be absurd to purchase it for only the outfit!

> @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> While it’s possible it might be released in the gemstore I think it’s unlikely as releasing it was a bonus for buying the higher priced version of PoF, just Iike the mini Revenant Rytlock was a bonus for HoT. Releasing it outside of expansion purchase would anger many who paid extra to get it. So if you wish to get it you’ll need to buy the Deluxe/Ultimate version.

It wont and it will never become a gemstore stand alone outfit since it's from Deluxe/Ultimate editions, nor will the VIP place, Lily, and the mini-Balthazar.

HoT exlusive glider (_green and black_) was the same thing. (_And other stuff from HoT_)

You could trade gold for gems little by little until you have enough. The deluxe edition upgrade can be purchased for gems. It's a lot of gold though, but better than nothing if you don't have the cash to buy gems.

No way to upgrade to ultimate edition if you bought the standard or deluxe. Ultimate has exactly the same stuff as deluxe with the only difference being 4k gems.

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> If you do opt to acquire the Path of Fire Digital Deluxe Upgrade, make sure you select the Path of Fire one, and not the Heart of Thorns one, or the Core Guild Wars 2 one. (I think all 3 are offered in the Gem Store; at least the HoT and PoF ones still are.)

>

> Good luck.

Core GW2 is not purchasable anymore AFAIK. Purchasing an expansion is the only way to upgrade from play-for-free.

As to OP's question: like many have already stated, the outfit will likely never be available outside the Deluxe/Ultimate PoF purchases. It's up to you to decide whether or not you want to invest.

> @Hevoskuuri.3891 said:

> > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > If you do opt to acquire the Path of Fire Digital Deluxe Upgrade, make sure you select the Path of Fire one, and not the Heart of Thorns one, or the Core Guild Wars 2 one. (I think all 3 are offered in the Gem Store; at least the HoT and PoF ones still are.)

> >

> > Good luck.

>

> Core GW2 is not purchasable anymore AFAIK. Purchasing an expansion is the only way to upgrade from play-for-free.

>

> As to OP's question: like many have already stated, the outfit will likely never be available outside the Deluxe/Ultimate PoF purchases. It's up to you to decide whether or not you want to invest.

>

We aren't discussing buy the game, but Digital Deluxe Upgrades, of which the Core version is still available in the Gem Store (if the Wiki is anything to go by). I can't check because I already have it on all my accounts.

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > @Hevoskuuri.3891 said:

> > > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > > If you do opt to acquire the Path of Fire Digital Deluxe Upgrade, make sure you select the Path of Fire one, and not the Heart of Thorns one, or the Core Guild Wars 2 one. (I think all 3 are offered in the Gem Store; at least the HoT and PoF ones still are.)

> > >

> > > Good luck.

> >

> > Core GW2 is not purchasable anymore AFAIK. Purchasing an expansion is the only way to upgrade from play-for-free.

> >

> > As to OP's question: like many have already stated, the outfit will likely never be available outside the Deluxe/Ultimate PoF purchases. It's up to you to decide whether or not you want to invest.

> >

>

> We aren't discussing buy the game, but Digital Deluxe Upgrades, of which the Core version is still available in the Gem Store (if the Wiki is anything to go by). I can't check because I already have it on all my accounts.

It's there. Before used to look into research on if it's worth it and for me I found out it really isn't benefitting me all that much.