Please Help Me Improve My Deadeye Build

Aurelius.6829

So, I'm new to thief in general and just recently used my level 80 on my thief because I like the concept of deadeye.

I'm trying to make a viable build for spvp so I put this together.

[bUILD](http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAU4ansMBlOhtFDOOBUGjFaCj/XWMfmehhvQZQLAMhiAA-jpxHQBA4gActyA9Y/BGeBAI4DAYgHBAA "BUILD")

Most likely I missed something since I'm new to thief.

I'll try to explain my way of thinking when I put this build together, and sorry for the bad english.

So first of all I'm just trying to stack as much damage as I can without waiting for the malice build up.

So scholar rune, sigil of exploitation and separation on the rifle.

The idea is to kneel, stealthed, mark the enemy and reveal you because of mug, , got the benefit of revealed training and revealed malice, also be quick or be killed kicks in at the same time, then spam 3 if they're already in a fight. if not, 2 first then spam 3.

Then all of your below 50% stuff kicked in.

So, how can I improve my build or am I misguided from the start?

> @Zacchary.6183 said:

> BQoBK is better with p/p not d/p. Unload gives you might and Quickness helps you make sure your bullets land.

but if I face a warrior, guardian, or hunter I can't really fight back if I only use projectile weapon.

besides d/p here used as an escape weapon with that sigil because changing weapon is faster way to get out of the kneel.

If you want to get the drop on them and finish them off quickly, I would recommend crit strikes instead of Deadly Arts. Ferocious Strikes, Practiced Tolerance, and No Quarter are going to boost your front end damage by a substantial amount right off the bat because you'll have 99% crit chance. Executioner will last the last half of the fight versus No Quarter lasting the whole fight. Conversely, Ferocious Strikes will drop off at 50% while exposed weakness will likely last the whole fight. Revealed training will be +200 power at the front end, while assassins fury can be up to +270 with your build from second 6 onwards or you could choose twin fangs for +7% crit damage and it's multiplicative with your crit damage. That leaves Practiced Tolerance instead of mug which would be about 13.6% more crit damage on your build. So overall, I think you could push more front loaded damage with critical strikes.

As others have mentioned, withdraw would probably be better than Hide in Shadows.

> @Urejt.5648 said:

> http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQJAUVn0MBlOhFPBOGDUGjFaCjPYWMfmehhvQZQLAMhiAA-jpRHQBA4QAEujAgDvAA/Y/BD+AAyWZAA

>

> be warned deadeye class and rifle is widely considered a trash spec, but here u have high platinium build, hard to master.

>

> changes: much better utilities and heal, shortbow for mobility, some trait changes

I will give it a try~

Glad to know that I'm in the right track. :D

> @Alatar.7364 said:

> If you really want all the dmg, then you might as well swap Trickery for Critical Strikes. But man you are going to die so much. Also I'd swap Hide in Shadows for Withdrawal.

Holy shit that was fun as long as I got the high ground, literally.

But yeah, no defensive boon and daze really hurts.

> @Maugetarr.6823 said:

> If you want to get the drop on them and finish them off quickly, I would recommend crit strikes instead of Deadly Arts. Ferocious Strikes, Practiced Tolerance, and No Quarter are going to boost your front end damage by a substantial amount right off the bat because you'll have 99% crit chance. Executioner will last the last half of the fight versus No Quarter lasting the whole fight. Conversely, Ferocious Strikes will drop off at 50% while exposed weakness will likely last the whole fight. Revealed training will be +200 power at the front end, while assassins fury can be up to +270 with your build from second 6 onwards or you could choose twin fangs for +7% crit damage and it's multiplicative with your crit damage. That leaves Practiced Tolerance instead of mug which would be about 13.6% more crit damage on your build. So overall, I think you could push more front loaded damage with critical strikes.

>

> As others have mentioned, withdraw would probably be better than Hide in Shadows.

Withdraws worked wonders, love it.

Tried both deadly arts and critical strikes, so much fun to play and more... I don't know how to put it, fluid?

Only play in gold so far, I don't really think this build gonna work in plat.